Is the Robocop 20th Anniversary Edition DVD worth buying?

ShaneFalco

CAGiversary!
I think it comes out on Aug 21

I already own the criterion and the robocop trilogy that came out in 2004

is it really worth the triple dip?

I think it has a steel case but I don't know if the special features are new or worth the money.

Nothing short of a prop piece of Murphey's blown off hand could make me buy that movie again, I loved the movie as much as the next guy but i'm astounded by the number of releases it has managed to get

[quote name='coolsteel']Nothing short of a prop piece of Murphey's blown off hand could make me buy that movie again, I loved the movie as much as the next guy but i'm astounded by the number of releases it has managed to get[/QUOTE]

The OP owns two copies of the movie and is contemplating a third... why not keep releasing it?

If someone will buy it, they'll sell it.

And on-topic.. you own two cpoies of this movie.. why the hell would you buy a third?

I dont know....it has some mighty conivincing stuff....

Its newly remastered and has tons more bonus features....for the $15 bucks i think Ill grab it....that way I wont be dissapointed if it comes out in high def or if it doesnt and turns out to be a rare collectible...

How does it stack up to the Criterion edition? Does it have the censored footage?

*EDIT
Thanks for the link, JokerCard

I will pick this up, I've never bought the previous editions, and the new packaging looks very sweet.

Hopefully they'll give the same sort of treatment to Robocop 2, not 3 though haha.

Picked this up today, well worth the $20 price tag.

It comes in a steelbook case with an insert and two discs. There is artwork behind the clear DVD holder.

The movie looks and sounds its best, IMO better than the Criterion.

I am happy with my VHS copy but this is a good deal, although they are just going to keep re-releasing it, kind of like Terminator 2.

[quote name='gigantor1313']I would wait for blu-ray or hd-dvd myself. I would say no if you got the other versions.[/quote]

Well, HD-DVD will not happen, but your wait is over October 9th for the Blu-Ray version.

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/070820/fox_home_entertainmnt.html?.v=1

I would still buy the version released this week though for the case alone and put the BR version in it. Like other BRay's it will be just a normal BRay case, and not "steel" like this one is.

bread's done
Back