Is the XBox 360 Elite MW2 Edition a good deal?

TurboPascal

CAGiversary!
I am looking at the XBox 360 Elite Modern Warfare 2 Console Special Edition Amazon has is for $399.99 plus I have prime so I get free shipping.

I know it has:

250GB hard drive
Two Xbox 360 black wireless controllers
Xbox 360 black wired headset
Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable

Besides the 250Gb HD which is not available, can you find a better deal by putting together the bundle yourself? Meaning, given the specials available, can you find a better deal or is this bundle as good as it gets for the price?

Thanks,

BTW -- this is a Xmas present for someone so I am tyring to see if I can save any $$

No, that's a great deal. Getting an Elite, MW2, and an extra controller would run you $410, so this is not only saving you $10, but you're getting twice the HDD space.

It's an awesome deal considering all that you get.

However, on black friday I saw target is giving a 50 dollar gift card with this modern warfare 2 console. Thinking about picking that one up myself. I hate the tax part, but if you are a target shopper, 50 bucks there might be more valuable than saving on tax at amazon.

Well,

I just bought an Arcade 360 from Amazon for $100 w/ $100 credit, then I added a 120GB for $52, and MW2 for $37 (after Bing) in the last week or so...

Add that up, and I paid $189 for the bundle w/o extra controller ($35 tops), 130GB, and paint job...

I'd say that you can do much better than the MW2 bundle deal if you piece a couple deals together, but it may be worth it if you can find a 15% off at Dell or something...

[quote name='ricoraney']Unbeatable deal. Unless of course, You catch a crackhead with one of these.[/QUOTE]
I'll give you TWO twenty dollar bills. One for the system and one for the game. That's fair, right?

Insta-deal.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']It's an awesome deal considering all that you get.

However, on black friday I saw target is giving a 50 dollar gift card with this modern warfare 2 console. Thinking about picking that one up myself. I hate the tax part, but if you are a target shopper, 50 bucks there might be more valuable than saving on tax at amazon.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I have to find that deal. With the 50 dollar gift card I am still ahead $25 with the 6% sales tax.

[quote name='rusty']Well,

I just bought an Arcade 360 from Amazon for $100 w/ $100 credit, then I added a 120GB for $52, and MW2 for $37 (after Bing) in the last week or so...

Add that up, and I paid $189 for the bundle w/o extra controller ($35 tops), 130GB, and paint job...

I'd say that you can do much better than the MW2 bundle deal if you piece a couple deals together, but it may be worth it if you can find a 15% off at Dell or something...[/QUOTE]

No, I don't care about the paint job but I do like the bigger HD and the other items.

You forgot the headphone as well....but I understand

Did you consider shipping and tax with your total?

I will have to shop around and see what is available....thanks for the feedback!

[quote name='rusty']Well,

I'd say that you can do much better than the MW2 bundle deal if you piece a couple deals together, but it may be worth it if you can find a 15% off at Dell or something...[/QUOTE]

Now that I did some searching, I found a regular elite for $289. Still cannot find a $35 controller but still looking and I did find MW2 deal so I guess I can get a better deal if I do some more leg work!

[quote name='TurboPascal']No, I don't care about the paint job but I do like the bigger HD and the other items.

You forgot the headphone as well....but I understand

Did you consider shipping and tax with your total?

I will have to shop around and see what is available....thanks for the feedback![/QUOTE]

Hmm, well yes. Amazon does not charge shipping or tax :)

You're paying double for small differences. But if you need the extra space, then thats what you have to do I guess. I'm just saying that better deals can be had.

bread's done
Back