is there a cardboard shortage...

youruglyclone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
cause why would you send a game in a cardboard box in a bubble mailer

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/youruglyclone/Get%20on%20the%20Mic%20CC/

this came from that CC sale a couple days ago.

granted the contents are fine...but I gotta run about tracking a replacement outer box.

what do you folks think? do I have a legitimate gripe? or should I shut the hell up?

by the way I actually did call CC Customer Service, the lady was nice and apologetic, but couldn't get anything don't.

The box isn't that strong to begin with, I saw the game in store a few months ago and every copy was in bad shape (though not as bad as the one you got)

Best Buy is worse with that. Even in a cardboard box, they pack the order so tightly, Gameboy Advance games always get crused.

I guess it's a legitimate concern if it bothers you. For $6, though I wouldn't really make a big deal out of it (that is just me though)

Yeah, I generally don't order GBA games from anywhere but eBay (if I'm not getting them in store) so I am able to bitch at the seller and force them to send in a cardboard box. I haven't come across one online retailer that knows how to securely ship GBA games.

Maybe GameStop would be good at it, since there's an arbitrary chance of getting a cardboard box instead of a bubble mailer (3 / 12 of my recent orders came disc only in a cardboard box.)

I think you got off easy... Personally, I would have punched you in the throat for buying Get On Da Mic....

[quote name='Kayden']I think you got off easy... Personally, I would have punched you in the throat for buying Get On Da Mic....[/QUOTE]
:rofl:
Yeah, I would see it on clearance at my CC and just laugh at the cover.

I bought mine at Overstock during the Great Coupon Deal for a second mic for Karaoke Revolution. The cardboard stock of the box the game and mic come in is much much thinner than the big boxes that the Karaoke Revolution and SOCOM games that came bundled with accessories. I guess they knew the game was going to sell so badly they had to cut corners somewhere.

Unless you can take it to a store and do an exchange there, I say it's not worth it. You'll probably pay more for shipping if you send it back.

[quote name='Kayden']I think you got off easy... Personally, I would have punched you in the throat for buying Get On Da Mic....[/quote]

[quote name='kaw']I bought mine at Overstock during the Great Coupon Deal for a second mic for Karaoke Revolution. The cardboard stock of the box the game and mic come in is much much thinner than the big boxes that the Karaoke Revolution and SOCOM games that came bundled with accessories. I guess they knew the game was going to sell so badly they had to cut corners somewhere.[/quote]

incidentally I bought it the same reason kaw bought his but yeah under normal circumstances I would never think of having this near the vacinity of my home.

You know there just might be a cardboard shortage - I noticed the other day that my yodels from a box that I bought did NOT have the white cardboard tray - only 2 yodels wrapped in plastic. What's up with that?

Best Buy and CD Universe have both shipped me GBA games in a bubble mailer.

The one from CDU was really mangled, and when I contacted them about it they sent me a new one and told me to send the old one back and once they received it they woud refund my return shipping cost.

That all happened fine except they sent the replacement game in another bubble mailer. :bomb: Sheesh! But it wasn't as mangled as the first and I didn't bother complaining again.

[quote name='willardhaven']For some reason the post before mine wasn't there, I thought I hit refresh.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing at the guy on the cover of the game and the fact he is a real rapper.

I bought one of those also for the mic. I ditched it at GR when they had the +$5 trade in. Boy, did I get a bunch of funny looks..

They shipped my two orders of 5 games each in a 12x12x6 box. It was definitely not a shortage of cardboard, but more like a dumbass packing your order.

Are there any online retailers I should feel safe ordering a GBA game from?

Every single GBA game I have ordered online in the past six months has either been shipped in a bubble mailer or worse (Overstock's 2 pieces of flimsy cardboard stuck together). All were crushed. The online retailers included Circuit City, Best Buy, and Overstock. It should also be noted that each of these retailers used to ship games in boxes.

bread's done
Back