Is there a controller with a GOOD d-pad for 360?

limelight022

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (99%)
Like the title says, Im looking for a controller (or adapter from ps2/ps3/snes) to work on the 360.

This one here looks to be the best one so far but a bit pricey ($60 and its part of another bundle). Just checking to see if there's anything new out there.

I dont need shoulder buttons as im only going to use it for retro games on the 360 like mega man 9/10, pac man ce and such.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']^^^
I actually bought it just so I could have a good d-pad for use with Mega Man.[/QUOTE]

and I also bought one ($20) so I could have a fair shot at beating the AI in those fighters.

The 360 controllers with black d-pads are alot better than the ones with gray d-pads. The Halo controller that comes with the special edition Halo 360 has a black d-pad. The ODST ones as well. And the red 360 controller. Still might not be that great for retro games. I agree that the SF4 pad would probably be best.

this one!
picture.php
no im sorry i lied i dont know if a 360 controller you want even exists.

[quote name='Swift900']The Street Fighter 4 Fightpad is the best you will find.[/QUOTE]

I've played with almost every gamepad this generation and I have yet to find a better directional pad than this. I would highly recommend it for any game that requires precision, it's a great investment.

If it helps any, I bought two from ebay a few months ago for under $20 each new, so you may want to peruse the site.

[quote name='bs000']The 360 controllers with black d-pads are alot better than the ones with gray d-pads. The Halo controller that comes with the special edition Halo 360 has a black d-pad. The ODST ones as well. And the red 360 controller. Still might not be that great for retro games. I agree that the SF4 pad would probably be best.[/QUOTE]

I have that Halo 3 Xbox, and use that controller as my main, and I can say that the d-pad on it is just as shit as any other official 360 controller d-pad.

That SFIV pad sure is ugly. I guess if you are into SFIV it isn't, but if you just want a good d-pad. Still, I might consider one if I end up buying some retro games on XBLA.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Man if only Microsoft would let Madcatz make those SFIV pads wireless...[/QUOTE]

I prefer precision/specialty controllers to be wired. Less chance of a signal hiccup from my experience and you don't have to worry about your battery crapping out during a match. Some games you just want that extra assurance.

And if you used a Hori D pad (such as the GameCube Digital Controller) you know they don't mess around

[quote name='limelight022']Now thats what im talking about. The d-pad looks fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah looks really promising except that it's wired. No more wires for me, ever. If they make a wireless one I am all over it. YMMV

The Hori controller looks pretty nice, but if what you want is a d-pad, then it ought to be smaller and just be a d-pad controller, no analog. On the other hand the analog sticks are adjustable and that might be useful, though I'm not sure. Either way, I would prefer this to be wireless. So Microsoft doesn't let 3rd party's make wireless controllers, or is there high licensing fees in order to make one? Either way that sucks.

bread's done
Back