Is there a list for compatible routers for the Wii and DS?

I don't know if that one will work but if someone wants to compile a list of working routers...

I'm using a Linksys WRT54G (ver. 2) that is flashed with the Thibor15c customized firmware. I have it secured using WEP and MAC filtering. Our Wii is on the 1st floor and the router is on the 2nd floor. We are having no problems with it at all.

Thanks everyone looks like I'll buy it

[quote name='Mogambi']I use that router to connect my XBOX 360 to XBOX Live, and for my DS and Wii. It works fine.[/quote]

I hear it's very easy to set up. Is it true?

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Thanks everyone looks like I'll buy it

I hear it's very easy to set up. Is it true?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Took me less than 15 minutes to set the up router, install a wireless card in my PC, and get my Wii connected to the net.

The only thing you have to keep in mind is that you can only use WEP security because of the DS... amazingly, Nintendo didn't implement WPA security and instead choose the 5+ year old and fairly unreliable WEP for the DS (and DSL).

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I know nothing about WPA and WEP...So what's it mean that it can't take WPA and only WEP? How's that bad and what are they?[/QUOTE]

both are wireless security protocols.

while neither is exactly bulletproof, wpa2 (the most recent version of wpa) has yet to be cracked and is infinitely more secure than wep. but what it really comes down to is that you just need to be less attractive than your neighbor's unsecured network, in order to keep casual snoopers from attempting to connect.

for that, either one will do just fine.

bread's done
Back