Is there a proper way to clean a keyboard?

2d819uv.png

Seriously: take it outside and shake-shake-shake.

At home I use an Apple keyboard that came with my computer. It's one of the ones from just before they switched to the weird, thin metal version. It's one of the worst-designed keyboards I've ever used, not because of comfort, but because whereas typical keyboards have a raised panel pretty much everywhere that isn't a key, this one has these recessed areas that are basically plainly-visible crumb vacuums that are still too narrow to easily clean. Also the sides are TRANSPARENT so you can see everything underneath the keys. I am seriously considering a new keyboard just because of this braindead design.

Sorry for being pretty tangental, but I've had this rant building up for months. :bomb:

I always pop the keys off, soak them in some soap/disinfectant solution for a couple of hours, vacuum out the insides, then wipe off the rest off the keyboard with a moist cloth.

I do this about once a year with pretty good success and have never had problems. Some people seem to have success with dishwashers, but I don't think I would ever do it...

[quote name='hero101']I haven't clean my keyboard in a while. How should I clean it? It is standard size keyboard. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

For me Keyboard cleaning is one of the annoying works.

Well, I would suggest to search in Google and you will find great info on keyboard cleaning.

bread's done
Back