Is there a proper way to clean a plunger after usage?

hero101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
207 (100%)
I always wonder about this question. I usually just dose it with rubbing alcohol and put it back on the shelf. I don't want to to touch it after its exposure to brown substances. :roll:

Picture004.jpg

Leave it outside? leave it in a bowl next to the toilet...

I dont see the need to clean something so thoroughly if its going right back in the muck. If you spilled some on your shoe rubbing alcohol that thing, but a plunger, seems odd.

brush any residue, and just like another poster, pour some bleach in the bowl and give it a few plunges.... that's it.

get a plunger holder if you don't want to look at it, but otherwise....

[quote name='Anexanhume']I've found that fresh human saliva works well.[/quote]
This.

Also, the tongue is quite functional as an abrasive.

[quote name='Capitalizt']pour a bunch of bleach in toilet and let it soak an hour[/quote]
I will proceed to use this method from now on.

Used to just run it under shower water for a minute after use. Of course since I moved out of my parents house years ago I never bothered to buy a plunger and haven't had to deal with it yet. *knocks on wood*

[quote name='darthbudge']I usually stick it in the bathtub, pour some bleach on it and rinse it off with water.[/quote]

Ewwww. Poo in the shower! :puke:

[quote name='DarlingNina']Ewwww. Poo in the shower! :puke:[/quote] Bleach poo is a different type of poo, maybe it is like 99.99% cleaner.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Bleach it.[/quote]

easily the best thing you can do but hope nothing you need every falls near it or where it rests. ive thrown out whole rolls of tp that hit a plunger. thats one of the few realms where the 5 sec rule will never apply.

thats one thing that definelty needs an upgrade. everytime i have to use one that damn water splashes up at me.

first off i wouldn't keep anything that comes in contact with shit on a shelf.

second i wouldn't put anything that comes in contact with shit in my sink or bathtub.

Clean it in the toilet.

[quote name='lokizz']easily the best thing you can do but hope nothing you need every falls near it or where it rests. ive thrown out whole rolls of tp that hit a plunger. thats one of the few realms where the 5 sec rule will never apply.

thats one thing that definelty needs an upgrade. everytime i have to use one that damn water splashes up at me.[/QUOTE]

Plunger with a plastic shield around it. Why has this not been made?

[quote name='DarlingNina']Ewwww. Poo in the shower! :puke:[/quote]
Well, assuming you wash your asshole, some shitwater is going to run down your leg anyway.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']They're dishwasher safe.[/quote]

how would you know that without trying it? or did someone you know do it and if so how could you ever eat at their house again?

[quote name='lokizz']how would you know that without trying it? or did someone you know do it and if so how could you ever eat at their house again?[/quote]

lol.. i'm pretty damn sure he is kidding... and no, i would fucking die than eat at someone's house if i knew they washed their toilet plunger in the dishwasher

After the initial flush after plunging, I flush once or twice more and rinse the plunger in that, letting the flushing water do the work, then place it back in it's bowl behind the toilet.

When finished clearing the toilet blockage, immediately place the plunger in a heavy duty garbage bag. Then place several more layers of garbage bags around that. Transport the enshrouded plunger to the nearest industrial incinerator you find and hurl it in.

Never, ever, speak of this again.

[quote name='necrojustice']I've found that if you close the lid while plunging, you don't get splash-back.[/quote]

Eeewwwww... That reminds me of a time I had a house guest and the toilet became clogged. The only plunger I had was purchased by my roommate and was a sink plunger with only a 8" handle!
When I put the plunger in, it folded instantly and splashed the water right in my face! :puke:
I practically had to wrestle the brown monster out with my hands. :cry:

[quote name='DeftPunk']Eeewwwww... That reminds me of a time I had a house guest and the toilet became clogged. The only plunger I had was purchased by my roommate and was a sink plunger with only a 8" handle!
When I put the plunger in, it folded instantly and splashed the water right in my face! :puke:
I practically had to wrestle the brown monster out with my hands. :cry:[/quote]

lmao holy shit i thought it had it bad when it got on my hand. dude id have gone in for a facial peel or something because thats some serious tainting. still it wont ever beat the nastiest damn thing i ever saw in a bathroom stall.

[quote name='karasu-tengu']After the initial flush after plunging, I flush once or twice more and rinse the plunger in that, letting the flushing water do the work, then place it back in it's bowl behind the toilet.[/QUOTE]

This is what I do.

[quote name='jbroush99']If you have smooth walls, you could make it stick to the wall and hang wet towels from it.[/quote]
Brilliant! Two birds with one stone.

bread's done
Back