Is there a reason some games have good cases and some are the eco one's?

Spartan V07

CAGiversary!
Why would some have the older good full case[red dead,alan wake,castlevania,etc] and then some others have the crappy eco one with holes?[black ops,etc I thought they would have figured it out by now that those eco cases are crap.

so instead of saving the environment

you want 20% more plastic for NO reason because it is covered by the game cover art anyway?

[quote name='All Out Fanboy']so instead of saving the environment

you want 20% more plastic for NO reason because it is covered by the game cover art anyway?[/QUOTE]

yes, so why don't every single game case have it? If some will have the good full case what is the point on putting the eco case in general? Also ps3 games don't have a crappy box.

[quote name='All Out Fanboy']so instead of saving the environment

you want 20% more plastic for NO reason because it is covered by the game cover art anyway?[/QUOTE]

Saving the environment, more like saving them money.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Saving the environment, more like saving them money.[/QUOTE]

I agree... I don't like the eco-cases... They feel cheap. Please give me 20% more plastic lol.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Saving the environment, more like saving them money.[/QUOTE]

Also its not like the games are any cheaper. So the while the "earth" wins by us using less plastic the companies also win by saving cash since the cases should cost them less. The only person making a sacrafice is the consumer.

So while saving the earth is really awesome and makes everyone feel great some people like to get what they pay for.

If saving the earth was the primary reason for changing the game cases why don't we go back to smaller jewel cases? Or even better CD Slim line cases or even better paper sleves? Might as well eliminate the paper manuals or eliminate the physical copy all together and just sell the games as downlaods.

"Saving the environment" is what people say when they have no clue how something is beneficial.

"Hey, man, why is that like that?"
"'Because environment."

[quote name='KingDox']If saving the earth was the primary reason for changing the game cases why don't we go back to smaller jewel cases? Or even better CD Slim line cases or even better paper sleves? Might as well eliminate the paper manuals or eliminate the physical copy all together and just sell the games as downlaods.[/QUOTE]

This. The only thing those eco cases are better at is making sure your cover art gets punctured.

Be careful about the paper manuals thing. Ubi actually wants to, and possibly has (Haven't bought a retail game from them in a year or so) stopped putting them in their games.

It's all about money. fuck this stupid shit ruining our cases.

It's similar to paperless billing. T-Mobile, for example, stops at nothing to encourage you to stop receiving paper bills entirely under the guise that it'll "green" your account. Of course, they don't have to print out your bill anymore, stuff it into an envelope, slap a stamp on it and send it on its merry way. Part of it is a costs saving measure and another part is a labor cutting measure (some people lost their jobs). Saving the environment is far down the list of the reasons they push it so hard.

Companies are actually doing pretty well right now and part of it is all the layoffs that happened. Many companies will not rehire. They are making record profits.

Something has to give, though. I mean, if everybody is unemployed, how will we buy the crap that comes in eco-cases that these companies make?

It's funny too because I remember a time back before the whole "green" thing when companies actually charged you extra to pay your bills online. What happened to being green back then?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Be careful about the paper manuals thing. Ubi actually wants to, and possibly has (Haven't bought a retail game from them in a year or so) stopped putting them in their games.

It's all about money. fuck this stupid shit ruining our cases.[/QUOTE]

AC:Brotherhood has a single piece of paper that says "The Manuel is on the disc!" So yeah they aren't putting crap in the actual game case anymore.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']AC:Brotherhood has a single piece of paper that says "The Manuel is on the disc!" [/QUOTE]

My gardener is on the disc? Guess they really are trying to go green.

manuel.jpg

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']Why did they stop putting games in jewel cases? At least they take up less space.[/QUOTE]

a CD jewel case isn't a very good eye catcher on the shelves, and some games come with thick instruction booklets, maps, bonus content card codes, double discs etc. Xbox went with the green color to stand out on the shelves, PS3 went different to also stand out on the shelves. It's all about visual advertising. Look at the new platinum hits cases, they changed the cover art format because the old ones looked like crappy shovel ware.

I don't see any problems with my Xbox 360 cases.
I like them just the way they're I also don't care about Cover Art unless it looks cool to me. I'd rather have a working game then a beautiful case any day.

T[quote name='KingDox']even better paper sleves?[/QUOTE]

Paper sleves comes from trees

[quote name='starmask2k3']T

Paper sleves comes from trees[/QUOTE]

People can farm trees, you know like how people farm corn and xmas trees.

Paper isn't the devil. That's why plastic bags are the devil and paper bags are cool again. Its the reverse of what happened in 80's. Of course if you are a real saint you would use your own canvas bag and save the store the cost of having to give you bags. At least then some markets will give you a kick back for using your own bags.

Getting the oil to make plastic would seem like way less eco friendly considering we have drill in the freaking ocean to get oil these days.

[quote name='KingDox'] Might as well eliminate the paper manuals [/QUOTE]
lose a tree, plant 2

cant replant earth :p

bread's done
Back