Is there a way to degauss an iPod screen?

moojuice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So, uh yeah, the other day, when I got home from work, I took off my nametag and placed it on top of my iPod (which was in the included case mind you. Aldo, I put it there as a spur of the moment thing, not purposely), and left it there. I later remembered that my nametag IS A FREAKING MAGNET and then rushed upstairs to take it off. Now, when I charge my iPod, there is that "rainbow" effect thingy, and also, when it is off, there is the same effect, but it does go away when the iPod is actually on. Am I screwed?

[quote name='moojuice']So, uh yeah, the other day, when I got home from work, I took off my nametag and placed it on top of my iPod (which was in the included case mind you. Aldo, I put it there as a spur of the moment thing, not purposely), and left it there. I later remembered that my nametag IS A FREAKING MAGNET and then rushed upstairs to take it off. Now, when I charge my iPod, there is that "rainbow" effect thingy, and also, when it is off, there is the same effect, but it does go away when the iPod is actually on. Am I screwed?[/QUOTE]Well, as far as I know, a magnet won't affect an LCD, so it can't really get "gaussed" to begin with. So, what happened to your Ipod is something else probably.

Hmmm, thats weird then. Becuase it started after that incident. Well, anyways then, is there a way to get rid of that rainbow effect?

[quote name='zewone']Doesn't magnets corrupt hard drives? What kind of iPod do you have?[/QUOTE]They're shielded nowadays, so you'd have to have an enormously strong magnet to wreck up the joint, again, as far as I know. If I had to guess at what was causing it, I'd say there was something metalic behind the screen that got distorted by the magnet and is pushing against the back of the screen now. Of course, that's just a guess.

[quote name='Kayden']Yea... not from magnets...[/quote]

Well...yea. That was kinda the point. It's probably not magnet related.

bread's done
Back