Is there a way to watch TV without...

gokou36

CAGiversary!
cable, satellite or an antenna? I have a tv in my room(at sis's house for temporary), is it possible to watch local tv without those options?

If you live in or near a big city, I'd go ahead and spurge and buy a $5 antenna at Radio Shack.

Is there no other T.V. in the house where you could watch local channels?

[quote name='gokou36']Damnit that sucks, why don't they come with built in antenna![/QUOTE]
Just go to Radioshack, wal-mart, or any other retail store and for about $15-20 bucks you can get an antenna device to pick up local stations, as long as those stations aren't too far away (ie under 85 miles or so) That's what I used in my dorm room for my first year before I had a steady on campus job to pay for cable.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']If you live in or near a big city, I'd go ahead and spurge and buy a $5 antenna at Radio Shack.

Is there no other T.V. in the house where you could watch local channels?[/QUOTE]

There is satellite but its in the living room and I don't feel like going out there :p. I thought antennas costs like $50. Dang I was just at Fry's earlier, I should've checked.

[quote name='gokou36']There is satellite but its in the living room and I don't feel like going out there :p. I thought antennas costs like $50. Dang I was just at Fry's earlier, I should've checked.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I bought a cheapass one at Radio Shack a couple years ago. But I live about 40 miles from a really big city so it didn't work too smashingly well. Except for PBS. That came in perfectly because we had an antenna in town for that.

But you might want to just set the T.V. to antenna now, without an antenna attached, and see what you could get. Because on my T.V. you could still get a reception without the antenna. Worth a shot.

bread's done
Back