Is there any good place to buy Arcade Machienes[$200 or less preferably]

zedarkness

CAG Newbie
In my house we have a huge empty area and I thought it would be cool to have a couple of arcade machienes in there. Maybe some Galaga or Marvel Versus Capcom 2. Is there any place you guys know that sells them fairly cheap[$200 or less preferably]

I don't know about Galaga...but MvC2 is still in high demand as far as I know and I really doubt you could get a cabinet of that for less than $200...

You may just go around to local arcades/bowling allys/etc. talk to the manager and ask if there are any local distribution companies they deal with or perhaps even if they want to sell anything they have there (Of course now days the person who owns the machines just may be 'renting' the space or worked something out with the owner of the facility, depending on the type of facility).

You can also look on craigslist or ebay of course, but because of high shipping costs you could go over $200 in shipping alone unless you buy from someone nearby.

Good luck on finding some good ones for that price.

For that budget, start hitting yard sales. I got Battlezone for $90 at one sale and Asteroids Deluxe and Pole Position II for $75 a set. Anyone who knows what they are selling are going to want more than your budget.
Find someone who doesn't know what they have.

Locally in one of the malls nearby there just happens to be two MVC's so im hoping they could see me one cheap. Oh well, maybe by some mircale I can find one at a cheap price.

Craigslist is your best bet for arcade cabinets in your uber low price range. LA has quite a few listed constantly, but we're a huge area so if you live in a smaller city or in the middle of no where, you will undoubtedly not find much.

If I were you, I would just build my own cabinet with a cheap PC for mame/emulation, it can be done for very cheap if you're handy with tools. Sure, there are people out there with money to burn and waste on ancient arcade cabinets that only play a single game who "collect" these things, but people collect everything - different strokes for different folks I guess. I would much rather build my own with 1,000's of arcade and older system games personally.

I built my own for my senior project in high school a few years back. It was one of the most satisfying things that I have ever done. If you did want to do this, one website that helped me the most is arcadecontrols.com . It has lots of different guides on how to build the different parts to an arcade machine. happcontrols.com is where I got all of my parts like push buttons and joysticks (under the pc arcade section). But its going to cost you a bit more than $200.

There's no way you are going to find a MvC2 for $200... unless it's completely gutted. $200 won't even cover the cost of the monitor. There were tons of Galaga cabinets made so you might be a little luckier in that department but I'd still expect to spend $500 for a working one. Your best bet might be to build your own over a long period of time - you could play MvC2 AND Galaga on the same machine if you wanted to (with thousands of others)! Click my sigs to see what I've built so far...

Thanks for the links DariusWIND, I've been toying around with making a MAME cabinet for the last couple of months, but have been putting it off till I get more room to build and house it.

[quote name='javeryh']There's no way you are going to find a MvC2 for $200... unless it's completely gutted. $200 won't even cover the cost of the monitor. There were tons of Galaga cabinets made so you might be a little luckier in that department but I'd still expect to spend $500 for a working one. Your best bet might be to build your own over a long period of time - you could play MvC2 AND Galaga on the same machine if you wanted to (with thousands of others)! Click my sigs to see what I've built so far...[/quote]

Damn Javeryh, those are awesome. Thanks for posting that. I love the pink Bella's Arcade one, since my daughter's name is Bella. Eventually I will build myself one or two, I'm handy enough to get it done.

bread's done
Back