Is there any point to the gamerscore/achievement points?

AshesofWake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I can't find anything about these being useful, apparently. I know you can compare yourself to your friends to see if you havemore points of what not, but is there a bigger purpose to these? at all?

[quote name='AshesofWake']I can't find anything about these being useful, apparently. I know you can compare yourself to your friends to see if you havemore points of what not, but is there a bigger purpose to these? at all?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Not really.

I was always under the impression that they could be used as marketplace points... guess not. :(

When I first heard about the achievements, I thought that you'd get Marketplace points for obtaining those achievements which would in turn allow you to buy things. Gauntlet, Smash TV, etc. I was wrong, but I still think it's a cool idea.

[quote name='AshesofWake']maybe later on you can do something with them : /[/QUOTE]

I doubt it.

And I also hope people won't judge eachother by their achievment points, like assholes do on Halo 2 with their rankings.

Random douchebags in matchmaking: "You're only a level 26? You suck!" Take note that they say that after I beat them.

[quote name='AshesofWake']I can't find anything about these being useful, apparently. I know you can compare yourself to your friends to see if you havemore points of what not, but is there a bigger purpose to these? at all?[/QUOTE]
It's to match you up with players of the same level as you. As J Allard explained it, if someone has 2000 points with only 3 games then you can tell they are more hardcore and know a lot about the game compared to someone who has 2000 points with 13 games played. That person doesn't spend much time with a game, thus probably isn't as good.

I love em. I am always looking at my buddies points, and trying to find something I can do to up mine. It really gives you incentive you dig deeper into oyur games and try to acheive things you might not have cared about doing otherwise.

[quote name='Skycaptain99']Is there a minimum amount of points you need to get into the Hardcore matchings?[/QUOTE]
No, I assume it just tries to match with people who have a similar score.

Heres the big picture that most fail to see:

If you are stuck in lets say Condemned Chapter 4 and can't find the 6th bird. You look at a friends achievements and see that he has the chapter 4 silver bird award (meaning he found all six birds). Then you ask him how he did it and he's supposed to help you with it (hopefully).

Its basically a stats tracker and a help tool for the people who are stuck. If you are good at games and could care less about stats then its useless for you.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I love em. I am always looking at my buddies points, and trying to find something I can do to up mine. It really gives you incentive you dig deeper into oyur games and try to acheive things you might not have cared about doing otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Bingo! And with that said I need to get more acheivements.

Like Vanilla said, it's a really good way to extend replay value. After I beat CoD2, I plan on replaying it to unlock all those cool achievements for it.

bread's done
Back