Is there any way for me to get into E3?

Mr Peanut

CAGiversary!
I don't really work for anything game related, but I heard that if I come up with some kind of documentation, I can probably get in. If I have some sort of gaming related website, can I get in with that somehow?

[quote name='rockhero']You don't need anything special to go to E3, you can just go.[/quote]

Uhh, you've been misinformed.

I don't really work for anything game related, but I heard that if I come up with some kind of documentation, I can probably get in.

You heard wrong.

If I have some sort of gaming related website, can I get in with that somehow?

not unless your site pulls thousands of people a day.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='rockhero']You don't need anything special to go to E3, you can just go.[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess I was... I always thought E3 was open to the public

[quote name='rockhero'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='rockhero']You don't need anything special to go to E3, you can just go.[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess I was... I always thought E3 was open to the public[/quote]

Haha, no. It has very high security. It's not like you buy tickets at the door, either. If i'm not mistaken, they send you forms, you send back information, they send back tickets. You normally have your ID badge before E3 even takes place.

[quote name='Scorch']
Haha, no. It has very high security. It's not like you buy tickets at the door, either. If i'm not mistaken, they send you forms, you send back information, they send back tickets. You normally have your ID badge before E3 even takes place.[/quote]
Yeah, you are pretty much right.
The press gets their badges before hand, and this year, even regular attendees can get their bages before hand too.
Regular attendees can still register onsite, I believe, but you still need the ID as listed above.

Ive been to E3 3 years now, and I can't remember, but isn't this open to the public as well? I heard tickets were like $200+? Keep in mind, you have to be 18 as well.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Scorch']
Haha, no. It has very high security. It's not like you buy tickets at the door, either. If i'm not mistaken, they send you forms, you send back information, they send back tickets. You normally have your ID badge before E3 even takes place.[/quote]
Yeah, you are pretty much right.
The press gets their badges before hand, and this year, even regular attendees can get their bages before hand too.
Regular attendees can still register onsite, I believe, but you still need the ID as listed above.[/quote]

Are you going to attend, Cheapy? I Imagine this website is enough to make you eligible.

[quote name='CheapyD']http://www.e3expo.com/attendees/industry_identification.asp

You need two from this list that show you are in the game industry:

• Resale Tax Certificate
    Company Credit Card
    Insurance Card
    Business Ad (with business card)
    Business License
    Commercial Lease (WITH COMPANY NAME)
    Paycheck Stub
[/quote]

well, that's just if you want to go as industry personnel. there are several ways to go as press; i write a gaming column for a newspaper so i'm going as 'print media', and i only need to provide an ID, business card and bylined article i've written. just saying that's not the only way to get in.

I went to E3 once when it was in Atlanta (I think it was in 98). I seem to remember that I filled out a form on their website requesting information about the show and at some point later they sent me the form necessary to get in. I made copies of the form and was able to get two friends of mine in as well.

It probably sounds like I am BSing, but that is essentially what happened.

Edited to fix typos and sloppy spelling

If you're absolutely at the end of the line and totally desperate, you can show up at the LA Convention Center after the first day and try checking the garbage bins around it. There are many people who only attend the first day of E3 and then toss their ID badges away. Considering that security only checks to see if you have a badge and not whether you match it, you might get in that way...

bread's done
Back