Is there any way to deactivate my PS3 if it's broken?

Jack-Hunter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
A simple yes or no is all that will suffice, unless you're going to tell me how exactly I can have it deactivated by calling Sony or whatever. I really don't know how in the hell it would work, but it's worth a shot. I understand I have 4 more available slots, but i'd like to have that 5th one back if possible. Thanks.

The PS3 is also 100% broken. There's no way to fix it, believe me. Though I am able to read the serial number/whatever other numbers are on the actual hardware.

No. Out of warranty.

Let's just assume that the PS3 basically exploded but that I was still able to have the serial number and every other number located on the console.

I would assume you could call up Sony and have them reset it from there. Though that probably why they originally put the 5 console limit thing so you don't have to bother to call them each time if your system dies or something.

I've had this issue before. Sony's policy is that they won't deactivate your account unless (a) it's an exceptional circumstance and (b) all 5 slots are taken in one form or another.

So the short form is your SOL.

Sorry. I lied. All my 5 accounts are used up, which is why I want to open a last one. I just didn't want to deal with the annoyance of people saying things like "u shouldnt have gameshared lulz!"

They're all taken, which is why I need one deactivated.

Would I need the PS3 console to be here with me so that they could deactivate it?

Thanks

I asked them to do this for me, and spend a good 20 minutes on the phone, before giving up.
They will NOT do it, unless you can come up with some really good excuse. Basically, no matter what you say, they will assume the problem is gamesharing. It won't be easy to convince them that your problem is anything, but that. They will then remind you that it is against Sony's TOS.

bread's done
Back