Is there any way...

moviewizguy

CAGiversary!
Ok. You bought a movie and inside the case, there's a $3 or $10 off coupon for a movie that you already bought like a week ago. Is it possible to use that coupon and get some money back? I bought Prince Caspian and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe on Blu and inside the Caspian case, there's a $10 off coupon for The Lion, the Witch... and there's also a coupon online that gives another $10 (I think) for Prince Caspian. I could've saved $20 more!! Help?

Re-buy the movie again using the coupon and return the new (still sealed) copy that you rebought with the original receipt.

[quote name='mick16']Re-buy the movie again using the coupon and return the new (still sealed) copy that you rebought with the original receipt.[/quote]
Still sealed? Hahaha. You're funny. But anyway, it was bought in a sale so..yeah. It's probably not going to work. Can't you just show them the reciept and show them the coupon?

take the wiz out of your name and reread mick16's post..
The new ones you bought with the coupon are still sealed. usE THOSE and return them on the original movies receipts.

[quote name='Snake2715']take the wiz out of your name and reread mick16's post..
The new ones you bought with the coupon are still sealed. usE THOSE and return them on the original movies receipts.[/quote]
No need to get angry. I reread it and understood but that still doesn't get the problem of the sale that was there a week ago because using the coupon and buying the movies is more expensive than the sale last week. Here's how it worked:

The Chronicles of Narnia 1 and 2 were on sale for $17.99 each and I bought it, also using the $3 off Disney coupon. So if I rebuy the two movies, which both cost like $30 and use the $10 off coupon and cannot use the Disney coupons (because they expired on January 1, 2009), they would cost me $20, which is still mroe expensive than the $15 I bought before. What I'm trying to say is getting the movies for $5 each, which is impossible since $15 is already low enough for some.

Not unless you find a place that has the sale again, then odds are no. They toss the coupons in there like that in hopes you will buy additional movies after the initial purchase...

So, you know it's impossible, but you're still asking? Why?

Besides, they won't let you combine coupons anyway. You got them for $15 just be glad you got a better deal than most people.

$15 for Blu is not bad then.

what you need to do is tune into Speedy's post of the adds each weak they are bound to be on sale again for 19.99 -10 each would bring it to $9.99

The one thing to watch is the return policy from wherever you had originally bought them from. If its 30 days you have that long to get in on the deal.

Good luck.

Overly cheap people who stoop to low measures to get back a few bucks aren't the type of crowd that CAG welcomes. This request just seems nonsensical and doesn't belong in this particular forum.

I'm a very cheap person and would do anything to save even a few bucks. I'm not a rich person so you really shouldn't criticize people for trying to save a few bucks and in the long run, you might save hundreds. This is, after all, a deals forum...

[quote name='moviewizguy']I'm a very cheap person and would do anything to save even a few bucks. I'm not a rich person so you really shouldn't criticize people for trying to save a few bucks and in the long run, you might save hundreds. This is, after all, a deals forum...[/QUOTE]

Lol @ cheap, blu-ray, etc.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Why would you rebuy both movies when you only have a coupon for one of them?[/quote]
If this would work and if it wasn't part of the sale, I would rebuy both because I have a coupon for both.

[quote name='Animal7390']where did you purchase them for 17.99? that will determine on whether or not you can do what you would like.[/quote]
I thought it was already determined I cannot. It was at Fry's with their Disney $17.99 Blu-Ray sale.

bread's done
Back