Is there anyplace that still sells those $7 Mad Catz Live headsets???

norkusa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I've looked all over town for this today and couldn't find one. It's the small Mad Catz headset that clips onto your ear. I loved this thing but I got pissed during a Third Strike match yesterday and broke it. Checked Target, Gamerush, EB, Gamestop, Meijers....nobody carries them. All I can find are those damn $50 Halo 2 headsets and the official Xbox brand. There has to be a cheaper option.

Does anyone know a place that still sells these? Do they even still make them?

wow - you actually like that thing? I never met anyone who did! Well hell, more power to ya...

I saw them at my BB just last week - not sure if this is a YMMV type thing, but you may want to check there.

good luck!

[quote name='organicow']wow - you actually like that thing? I never met anyone who did! Well hell, more power to ya...

I saw them at my BB just last week - not sure if this is a YMMV type thing, but you may want to check there.

good luck![/QUOTE]

No way, that headset was great! It didn't feel like anything was on your head when you had it on. Good sound. Plus it was dirt cheap.

I was actually at Best Buy today too and didn't see any. There's another one in town though, so I'll have to hit that one up and see if they've got it there.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']They actually cost $4.99 ... and I think they are discontinued.... we used to carry them at CC but then they stopped coming in.....[/QUOTE]

Damnit. I was afraid of that. But why did they have to stop making these? This was the *ONLY* cheap alternative for a Live headset and now you can't find a headset for less than $30. Did Microsoft buy them out so they could push their $50 Halo 2 headsets? It doesn't make any sense.

[quote name='mcwilliams132']Looking for this, right?

http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/product_details.jsp?product_id=4509

you'll probably get some hits if you do a froogle.google.com search for "headcom xbox"

I scored some hits around the $4 range.... try it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the one. I checked out Froogle but all the ones I see there are out of stock or listed at $15. There are still a couple stores I haven't hit yet, so hopefully I'll find it at one of those.

WorldOfGames, yes, I need one! How much will it cost to ship first class to 49505? If it's used, you can keep the earpiece though. Yuck.

[quote name='norkusa']Yeah, that's the one. I checked out Froogle but all the ones I see there are out of stock or listed at $15. There are still a couple stores I haven't hit yet, so hopefully I'll find it at one of those.

WorldOfGames, yes, I need one! How much will it cost to ship first class to 49505? If it's used, you can keep the earpiece though. Yuck.[/QUOTE]

but you have no problem having a used mic close to your face?

THANK YOU!!!

I was looking for the same thing!! I ended up going to one of those dollar-store like establishments and getting a servicable phone headset for about $3.... Nowhere near as good as that Mad Catz one though.

I can't believe you guys don't like them LOL...

You can use any cellphone headset on it by the way, those are pretty cheap. I think the Mad Catz one is uncomfortable, but I have an AT&T headset I like.

[quote name='urzishra14']but you have no problem having a used mic close to your face?[/QUOTE]

Well, no. Why should I? It's not like I'll be licking the tip of it or sticking it inside my mouth.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']You can use any cellphone headset on it by the way, those are pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I considered that option and looked at about a dozen cheap cellphone headsets today and they all had strange connectors on them. They definitely didn't look like they'd fit into a Xbox communicator.

[quote name='norkusa']Are you sure? I considered that option and looked at about a dozen cheap cellphone headsets today and they all had strange connectors on them. They definitely didn't look like they'd fit into a Xbox communicator.[/QUOTE]

be careful.. id take a xbox headset in with me.. i recently bought one and it was too small.. they do generally work though.. make sure it has "three rings"... on the jack and you're good. i used to use my headset for my cell phone all the time.

oh this is only for xbox? well since its still on the same topic....does anyone know where to find a cheap ps2 headset? im sry but $30 is not what i plan on paying for a headset

Okay, I'm officially convinced that they don't make these anymore. Went to the rest of the stores that I thought would carry this today but didn't find any. When I asked about them at the exact same Gamestop store I bought mine from a year ago, the clerk looked at me like I was crazy and told me they never carried them in the 2 years he's worked for Gamestop. It's too exhausting trying to argue with those people, so I just left.

Can *ANYONE* get one of these for me? New or used, I don't care just as long as it works. All the places I checked out online are either sold out, too expensive, or look unreliable. And the next cheapest headset I could find is the official Xbox one for $30 and I'm not going to pay that much. Ridiculous.

bread's done
Back