Is there anything I can do?

Pulsar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
If someone has YET to send me an item i payed for awhile ago on Ebay, does this file under mail fraud? Also, is there anything I can do?

I know you can file a fraud complaint through EBay. Although I have done it twice and nothing ever happened. If you paid through Paypal, I believe they have some sort of protection program, but I have never used it.

Some people on Ebay are real jerk-offs. Hopefully you're not out too much money.

[quote name='Pulsar']If someone has YET to send me an item i payed for awhile ago on Ebay, does this file under mail fraud? Also, is there anything I can do?[/quote]

If they never actually mailed you anything I don't think you can do any kind of mail fraud. But you could always call your local post office and ask. Tell them you bought something that was to be shipped via USPS, but you think the seller never shipped and never intended to ship. Maybe if you paid them via a postal MO.

But I figure you probably paid with Paypal. If you used a CC to fund the purchase you can do a charge back. (But Paypal might then freeze your account for all time, I'd look into that before going that route. I've heard crappy stories about PP but don't know what they do about a member requesting a charge back for sure. I know it will be hell for the guy who scammed you so that alone might make it something to look at.)

What are the details? If it's only been a week or two since you paid you should probably give him a little more time. (He might be on vacation or something - still pretty crappy of him) But if it's been a month and he's not answering e-mails I think you're right to assume he scammed you.

If you want you can get his phone number from eBay and try calling him up. If it's no longer in service or a Domino's pizza that would be a further indicator he's a scammer.

If he's cleaned out his account already, you will get jack. If he was meaning to rip you off right from the start, then you're likely out of luck.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Paypal requires the seller to ship within a week of payment so you could do a chargeback if you payed with Paypal.[/quote]

Would you only be able to do a chargeback if you funded the transaction via CC (so it would be a chargeback with your CC company) or does Paypal let you do a chargeback through paypal? Just curious.

I just won an item and apparently paypal doesn't let you fund the item via CC if you have funds sitting in your paypal account? Or is it because I just added the CC within a few minutes of paying...

Oh, it happened way back in about May, I just forgot. He said it could take 21 days for delivery and ebay/paypal both say you have 30 days. The guys from "Malaysia", which I didn't notice until afterwards.

[quote name='wubb'][quote name='YoshiFan1']Paypal requires the seller to ship within a week of payment so you could do a chargeback if you payed with Paypal.[/quote]

Would you only be able to do a chargeback if you funded the transaction via CC (so it would be a chargeback with your CC company) or does Paypal let you do a chargeback through paypal? Just curious.

I just won an item and apparently paypal doesn't let you fund the item via CC if you have funds sitting in your paypal account? Or is it because I just added the CC within a few minutes of paying...[/quote]

You can do a chargeback through Paypal no matter how you paid. However, if the chargeback is unsuccessful, then you can also do a chargeback through your credit card company.

To pay with a credit card, you need to withdraw the funds from you account first unfortunately.

[quote name='Pulsar']Oh, it happened way back in about May, I just forgot. He said it could take 21 days for delivery and ebay/paypal both say you have 30 days. The guys from "Malaysia", which I didn't notice until afterwards.[/quote]

I'd start the chargeback process as soon as possible if I were you. Some CCs only give you 90 days. Not sure what the time limit is for paypal. Though if you forgot about it, at least it probably wasn't for too much money, I hope!

[quote name='smalien1']Iv'e postd this same responce to like 10 different threads

BUY SOME NAPLAM!![/quote]

And it gets to be more and more of a dumb comment every time.

I am going through something similar with someone on these boards. They are going to be getting quite a few phone calls in the next little while.

He blocked me on AIM and never responded to any PMs. If he does not anwser the phone during the day, I am up all night.

bread's done
Back