Is there no way for me to get on Amazon?

Shinkuu Ryao

CAGiversary!
I currently run Win2000, and I can't get on it because it apparently only works on XP.

Any suggestions? Help would be appreaciated.

[quote name='Shinkuu Ryao']I currently run Win2000, and I can't get on it because it apparently only works on XP.

Any suggestions? Help would be appreaciated.[/QUOTE]

Amazon... as in the website? What have you been huffing, son?

I don't know for sure, but I would be shocked if Amazon really won't work on Win 2000. (Isn't that pretty much NT which is similar to XP anyway?) Amazon makes their site fairly simple so that pretty much any browser/op system will work AFAIK.

Do you use a router? I had a funny problem a couple months ago. I could connect fine, but neither on my desk or laptop could I get to Amazon, and I have a seller account there, so I was freaking. I disconnected the router and connected straight through dsl. Got to Amazon, clicked around a bit, all was well, while everything was on and dsl was open, I reconnected router and it solved the problem. I have no clue what was wrong.

Win2k works fine with Amazon. I've never heard of a website (especially such a big one like Amazon) ever requiring a certain OS. Have you tried another browser, and do you have problems with any other sites?

Tools > Internet Options and somewhere in there clear your cookies, cache and temp. Internet files. Your browser might be bogged down with bullshitseses.

bread's done
Back