Is there such a program?

bigpimpin24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Hey CAGs I was thinking about something today and was wondering if there is such a thing out there. I have a ton of video files on my computer that I like to watch and queue up. I use VLC media player and usually just put like 10 episodes of something on all at once. A lot of these files have different audio levels. I have my desktop hooked up to my TV and use the tv speakers for audio.

There are times when one episode will finish and then once the other one starts the volume will either be extremely loud or very low where I can't hear it. So then I have to adjust the volume to get it to the level I want it. Basically what I'm asking is, is there any program or add on for VLC that I can download to auto-adjust this? Basically I want to set my tv volume at a certain level and want the computer to adjust depending on the file so it will all sound the same and not go from being extremely loud to extremely quiet.

Hopefully I came across clear. Thanks everyone!

VLC already has a normalizer setting for audio. It takes a bit of fiddling.
First go to your settings tab, switch to advanced options.
Go to filters, and find the volume normalizer or search for: "normvol"
Enable it (click the check mark), and adjust the normalizer to your needs.
Plenty of tutorials on the Internet.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']VLC already has a normalizer setting for audio. It takes a bit of fiddling.
First go to your settings tab, switch to advanced options.
Go to filters, and find the volume normalizer or search for: "normvol"
Enable it (click the check mark), and adjust the normalizer to your needs.
Plenty of tutorials on the Internet.[/QUOTE]

Your reply ended in me googling it and I came across a built in Windows feature. It's called Windows Loudness Equalization and is exactly what I was looking for. Now whenever I play different files with various audio levels, Windows automatically adjusts it to where it sounds the same all across whether I'm using VLC, watching a video on youtube or listening to music through Winamp. Thanks a lot!

Here's the little tutorial I found, and the method you mentioned is also listed on there.
http://www.howtogeek.com/115656/3-ways-to-normalize-sound-volume-on-your-pc/

bread's done
Back