Is there such a thing as PS+ Membership deals?

JetEngineJesus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yes, it's that time again... time for THIS GUY to come shimmying out of his hole looking for a deal.

I've been an Xbox guy for the past two generations, but found a fantastic deal on a PS4 pre-order (~$260 incl. tax!!!!), so I'm ditching MS for the time being. I've been poking around looking for deals on PS+ memberships, but can't seem to find any... Do they ever go on sale?

I haven't paid more than $40 for an XBL membership in, like, 6 years --- those bad boys are ALWAYS on sale somewhere! It just feels wrong to pay full price for PS+... $50? OUTRAGEOUS!!!

*cough* http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/321524-xbox-live-40-off-35-dashboard-offer/

See, THIS is what I was talking about in my OP. XBL offers free games every month now, too... The best Sony can muster up is a $10 credit when you spend $50...? :S
Please tell me you're trolling. XB gives you way less games, both in quantity and quality. And you're complaining that Sony is giving you 10$ off, so it comes to 40$, versus 35$. OH MY GOD THEY WANT 5$ MORE, THE HUMANITY. (I've got both, and Sony makes me feel like I've spent my money wisely, whereas MS makes me feel like a chump... A chump who wishes his best friend had a freakin PS instead of an XB.)

I hardly think that wishing Sony would come up with a 40% off sale is trolling. This is CHEAPASSGAMER, is it not...? Did I miss CAG's transition away from a deal-focused site...?

I'm not here to be a fanboi; the debate whether XBL > PSN or vice versa is for another post altogether. All I'm saying is that there's a pretty huge difference between giving me 40% off the MSRP, and giving me 20% back in credit...

I hardly think that wishing Sony would come up with a 40% off sale is trolling. This is CHEAPASSGAMER, is it not...? Did I miss CAG's transition away from a deal-focused site...?

I'm not here to be a fanboi; the debate whether XBL > PSN or vice versa is for another post altogether. All I'm saying is that there's a pretty huge difference between giving me 40% off the MSRP, and giving me 20% back in credit...
You say it's a debate for another post altogether (I think you meant "thread"), and yet you proceed to make the comparison.

Fine, I'll go ahead and say PS+ and XBLG are not even close. I've paid for both and PS+ blows XBLG out of the water.

By the way, that's 20% back on everything, including new titles. What does the 40% off XBL get you? Games that are 5 years old or older.

Errrrrrrr, an extra $25 in my pocket that I can spend on LITERALLY ANYTHING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD THAT I WANT TO BUY...?

Oh brother. Calm down, fanbois.
Who are you talking to?

I own both systems. Get a much better value out of PS+, even at full price. One gamer's opinion.

You say "calm down" but your previous sentence is full of all-caps. Pot, meet kettle.

To keep this thread on track, I read in another thread a rumor that Amazon.com will be matching Gamestop's $30 1-yr PS+ subscription deal for Black Friday.  If true, they will go really fast, so be prepared.

Question: Can you stack PS Plus memberships? eg. if I'm already set for a year, and I buy another year's worth, can I apply that now and essentially have two year's worth.

I know it can be done with 1 year and an added 3 month's value, but not sure if you're able to buy into 2, 3, 4 year's worth of PS Plus.

To keep this thread on track, I read in another thread a rumor that Amazon.com will be matching Gamestop's $30 1-yr PS+ subscription deal for Black Friday. If true, they will go really fast, so be prepared.
Oh shit, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to feel dumb for jumping on the current deal if that happens, but meh, I'll just stack on another year if anything :p Which leads me to the next question:

Question: Can you stack PS Plus memberships? eg. if I'm already set for a year, and I buy another year's worth, can I apply that now and essentially have two year's worth.

I know it can be done with 1 year and an added 3 month's value, but not sure if you're able to buy into 2, 3, 4 year's worth of PS Plus.
Yep, I just stacked a year onto my current year. As far as I know you can stack away to your heart's content! If there's a year of PS+ for 30$ sale, I plan on tacking on yet another year :p

Slightly OT, but it's not as if we have regular flyer threads anymore. Anyways I noticed a deal on XBL Gold subs in the upcoming RCSS flyer.

If you buy a copy of CoD Ghosts you can grab a year for $20.

Edit: You know what, they're selling the game for the PS3 too. You might have a decent argument if you go in and want a PSN card instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this deal up on Reddit:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=1999

$40 USD for a 12mo subscription. Paid by Paypal, got my code w/in minutes, redeemed it just fine. In absolute terms, the exchange rate makes it slightly worse than the "Spend $50, get $10 store credit" deal, but it means that I don't have to give Sony my credit card info, or buy cash cards.

What's up with not letting me redeem the 30-Day free PS+ trial that came with my PS4 without entering my CC info?! Weaksauce.

Question, then: if I can redeem a code from an American site, why would purchasing PS+ cards in the US not work...?

AFAIK, PS+ cards are region-locked, and they don't actually sell PS+ cards in Canada...?
I don't know what you're talking about but Shoppers, Bestbuy and ect all sell them.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playstation-plus-12-month-subscription-card/6000142540764

Found this deal up on Reddit:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=1999

$40 USD for a 12mo subscription. Paid by Paypal, got my code w/in minutes, redeemed it just fine. In absolute terms, the exchange rate makes it slightly worse than the "Spend $50, get $10 store credit" deal, but it means that I don't have to give Sony my credit card info, or buy cash cards.

What's up with not letting me redeem the 30-Day free PS+ trial that came with my PS4 without entering my CC info?! Weaksauce.

Question, then: if I can redeem a code from an American site, why would purchasing PS+ cards in the US not work...?
I've read that the Plus subscriptions you can activate on Canadian accounts it's just the money cards that won't activate.

Honestly I think it's a bit silly that the trials you need CC for but it's assumed most people have them anyways. The main purpose of it is so your subscription has a payment method.

bread's done
Back