Is this a great deal or a possible scam? New PS4 Console $305 (possibly $255)

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So, I just spotted on Amazon someone selling a brand new PS4 for $305.00. But, the real deal is that they'll knock an extra $50 off (bringing it to $255) if it's paid for via Paypal. Already red flags are going up because I know Amazon doesn't accept PayPal. But $305.00 is a sweet deal too. 

It seems too good to be true, but I know in the past I bid on some extremely shady eBay auctions and it turned out okay. Luck of the draw I guess, but with PayPal protection, it's less of a risk than it was years ago. 

I'm weighting the cons/pros here: on one hand this guy's store is brand new, has no feedback, and his spelling is terrible. Not good. But, on the other, if bought via Amazon, you have their buyer protection which is really good -- and if paid for via Paypal, you have their protection, which always seems to favor the buyer. 

Is this something anyone would pull the trigger on, or too risky?

Here's the link for the listing:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BGA9WK2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1408515246&sr=8-1

And for the Amazon seller page: 

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Console/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A1CU9VMTQUCLRT

Last edited by a moderator:
You really think this shit is legit? It's an obvious fuck ing scam. Look at the damn description for fuck 's sake:

"We will take $50 off if yoou paay viia Paaaypal"

But is his spelling really the deal breaker here, or is this just a sign of cultural degradation and the societal decline of literary etiquette? Anyway, just received an email from the seller: 

"Yes Amazon does not allow Paaypal. But by selling through Paypal we have 25% corporate fees which allows us to sell in this cheap price. In order to purchase you must have a valiid Paaypal account or an associated emmail where we can send a detailed iinvoice"

I think his spelling might be improving, or the keys on his keyboard are becoming unstuck. I noticed that the number of PS4s in his stock  dropped from 20 consoles to 17. Guess at least three people went for it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back