Is this a real factory seal? Need help. (it was from eStarland)

EagleNights

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
I know thismight not belong here exactly, so I'll start by saying I bought Wild Arms 2 new for $38, that seems like a good deal. Anyway, it came in the mail and it seemed really suspect so I contacted the site via their live online elp (really helpful sometimes) and thisis what he had to say. Included is a desription of the game.

[quote name='Conversation with Mark from eStarland']
Rodger Hermes: I had a question about new game I ordered an got today

You are now speaking with Mark of eStarland Customer Support.
Mark: Thanks for contacting eStarland Live Support. How may I help you?

Rodger Hermes: Hi, I bought Wild Arms 2 for the Playstation, and it came in the mail today, and it was supposed to be new but it turns out it isn't.

Rodger Hermes: The question I had was if there are any actually new copies of this game that I can buy

Mark: May I get your order number?

Rodger Hermes: 680056

Mark: Okay, how did the one you received look?

Rodger Hermes: It looks like a reseal. It has a photocopied back side, and there's cardboard pieces and dust underneath the actual seal

Mark: That's actually a new copy. They are straight from the manufacturer.

Rodger Hermes: The case has scratches. They wouldn't have a chance to scratch it before it got sealed. Plus the seal is really quite obviously the type that comes with a sealed game. Not that I'm saying your store resealed it, of course. But it is almost certainly not the factory seal.

Mark: It's the weird seal correct? Like it isn't really folded over like the other games?

Mark: And on the back it had a "Montage of Playstation" or a black and white cover?

Rodger Hermes: yes, with seams around the edges, and it's wavy and stuck to the case, and there's dust/cardboard under the seal. And yeah, black and white cover too.

Mark: Yeah, I double checked with other new ones we have. We actually got these from the manufacturer a while ago. They are new.

Rodger Hermes: So they're all in this condition?

Mark: Yeah, they are all like that.

Mark: I double checked with deparment that order the items from the manufacturer [/QUOTE]

I'm gonna drop it probably, but before I do I wanted to make sure he's right. Thanks for any help.

[quote name='Freshwillis']That's not what my copy looks like.[/QUOTE]

Mine don't look like that either.

My Theory: Someone lied to these guys about having factory sealed games and sent them a bunch of reseals/possibly no-disc games.

Get your money back.

Sounds like the guy is too lazy to check or doesn't want any returned product. Hahaha, the conversation is really funny to me.

"Rodger Hermes: It looks like a reseal. It has a photocopied back side, and there's cardboard pieces and dust underneath the actual seal

Mark: That's actually a new copy. They are straight from the manufacturer"

Hahaha.

Dude: "My game came sealed in aluminum foil, the case was made of graham crackers, and I'm pretty sure there's some dog doo on the disc."

Him: "Yeah it's new, that's the way the manufacturer sent it." (and proceeds to play Solitaire on company time...)

bread's done
Back