Is this dual-monitor setup possible?

sniping_dreamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I already looked in Google, but I can't find the answer.
Is it possible to have two LCD monitors as dual display with one monitor hooked up to my Nvidia 7600GT video card, and another hooked up to the VGA slot of my motherboard? I've tried plugging both them in, but only the one plugged into the Nvidia is showing up anything.

I know that you have to choose which output during the boot (either the integrated or the PCI-E/etc.) But is it possible to do what's mentioned above?

[quote name='kube00']No onboard video is usually disabled when you plug in a dedicated card

Why not get a dvi/vga splitter?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm pretty sure you can only do it either/or. The 7600GT should come with an adapter if your monitor doesn't have the correct output.

[quote name='kube00']No onboard video is usually disabled when you plug in a dedicated card

Why not get a dvi/vga splitter?[/QUOTE]
I don't know about newer PCs but it used to be that you could re-enable the on-board video via the BIOS and then go into your Display Properties -> Settings and extend your desktop on to that monitor.

With two video cards (the second can be very cheap) and free software called SoftTH, you can desktop and game on up to three monitors. A hardware solution is to buy a box called DualHead2Go (or even better TripleHead2Go).

Multimonitor gaming, if that's your plan, is much better with three monitors instead of two.

bread's done
Back