Is this even legal? reselling CD-r media (LOOK!!)

I guess I don't understand what's wrong with reselling blank media? Why would it be any different than selling any other product?

blank CD-R's are legal. It's also legal to put stuff on there that is personal or you own it.

If he was selling a cd-r copy of a music cd or pc game, then it would be illegal.

yea, i mean if they want. the seller can put "outpost.com" in there description. what dumasses for trying to resell cheap stuff. =D

[quote name='mousin']yea, i mean if they want. the seller can put "outpost.com" in there description. what dumasses for trying to resell cheap stuff. =D[/quote]

whats the illegal part?

he clearly lists the shipping cost - get over it dude. you have too much time on your hands - it would be different if he was trying to hide it. plus $11 total for 50 cd's, its not like he's stealing your wallet.

Ok, that "Watch Halo being played!" auction is just plain screwy. People pay good money for that?!

As for the original item (CD-Rs), I don't see the problem. Shipping is high, but a spindle of blank CDs isn't exactly lightweight either. If the issue is 'he bought them from somewhere else!'...well no shit. That's sort of how eBay works. This was already discussed during the $5 CC/BB sales.

I can't prove or disprove that the seller actually bought those at Outpost and are trying to re-sell them. It's not like they're Outpost's personal brand of CD-R. Other suppliers carry them also. I just don't think we can jump to any conclusions here.

Anyway, Outpost charges crazy shipping prices. This seller would probably lose money after paying for Outpost's shipping and then all the PayPal/eBay fees involved.

bread's done
Back