Is this is a good trade/What should I watch out for?

magiic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
Ok so I am in talks with a guy on a local classified site. I am going to trade him a brand new sealed Forza 2 Premium XBOX360 bundle for a used 60GB Playstation 3 w/ 1 controller and an HDMI cable. He says the system is in good condition except the playstation emblem thing fell off but he glued it back on. The system also includes the receipt. Is this a worthwhile trade? Is there anything I should be looking out for when I go to check this thing out?

[quote name='magiic']Ok so I am in talks with a guy on a local classified site. I am going to trade him a brand new sealed Forza 2 Premium XBOX360 bundle for a used 60GB Playstation 3 w/ 1 controller and an HDMI cable. He says the system is in good condition except the playstation emblem thing fell off but he glued it back on. The system also includes the receipt. Is this a worthwhile trade? Is there anything I should be looking out for when I go to check this thing out?[/quote]

???Be very careful. Glued what on? I have a launch PS3 and across the top is the word PLAYSTATION3 imbedded in the plastic. I cannot locate any emblem. Take someone who owns one with you, look theirs over or take the console with you and make sure you see it work...seems shady but I wish you all the best!

[quote name='donut']???Be very careful. Glued what on? I have a launch PS3 and across the top is the word PLAYSTATION3 imbedded in the plastic. I cannot locate any emblem. Take someone who owns one with you, look theirs over or take the console with you and make sure you see it work...seems shady but I wish you all the best![/QUOTE]
the emblem is right under where u insert the disc

Yeah a big NO to this one. Don't even contact him again. If he felt the need to explain it, it's because it'll look fishy. Also like was noted, there's no PS3 emblem. That's why it would have to be glued on, not because it broke. It's also a dead giveaway considering he's trading a more expensive console for a cheaper one. He has nothing to lose as he's giving you a dud.

Ah alright if it's that emblem then it should still be fine. However I can't see why it would fall off. Possibly he banged the shit out of it?

I got mixed up with the other poster and was thinking about the PS3 logo across the top. That definitely shouldn't be glued on.

so whats the deal here guys some say there is an emblem, some say there isnt. Which is it? I think this is what he is talking about.

ps3.jpg

That emblem is supposed to be there. But it's a very loose part on all PS3s (at least, just about all the ones I've come in contact with.) It could easily fall off or even break off, without much force.

[quote name='davo1224']Yeah a big NO to this one. Don't even contact him again. If he felt the need to explain it, it's because it'll look fishy. Also like was noted, there's no PS3 emblem. That's why it would have to be glued on, not because it broke. It's also a dead giveaway considering he's trading a more expensive console for a cheaper one. He has nothing to lose as he's giving you a dud.[/QUOTE]

Or he's just trying to be clear so there are no surprises.

go for it. its just a logo. but if it looks really bad, like a 5 year old could have glued it better, then deal is off.

If you're worried about it not working, then just ask him if you could try before actually exchanging consoles. And Appossum is right, that emblem VERY easily falls off (mine fell off before I even noticed the ps3 ever had one) and so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

Ehh... I'd say no. A new 360 bundle for a used 60gb PS3? I'd say that's a better deal for him. And he has had to glue parts back on to the console? WTF... That could be a sign of mistreatment. Your call.

haha you guys are no help at all one person says Im getting the good deal, then another turns around and says Im getting screwed. What gives.

[quote name='magiic']haha you guys are no help at all one person says Im getting the good deal, then another turns around and says Im getting screwed. What gives.[/quote]

People have different opinions?...

[quote name='magiic']haha you guys are no help at all one person says Im getting the good deal, then another turns around and says Im getting screwed. What gives.[/QUOTE]

if you match the prices, you might be saving a few bucks, but past that it's your personal preference-- and you have plenty of PS3 vs. 360 console war threads to read in case you want to research that :lol:

[quote name='magiic']I got it today. Turns out I actually knew the guy selling it lol
small world[/QUOTE]

Well, that mystery is solved. And I didn't even do anything to help. I feel so good inside.;)

bread's done
Back