Is this legitimate?

If its too good to be true then it probably is. Most DVDs from China are bootlegs but this says authenticity guaranteed - whatever that means... I'd stay away...

I think maybe because I was looking at his other items, and I didn't think Cowboy Bebop came in a set with every episode. But hey as long as you like it thats all that matters.

course its bootlegged look at the back...I bought my anime from a seller...sphiat is his username. His DVDs come in the same way...they are bootlegged also but i bought Ranma season 4,5,and 7 from him and they all came out good. He does free shipping also. This is not a plug but its just someone who i buy from.....dude has over 20,000 feedback he is reliable..

[quote name='nneace']I think maybe because I was looking at his other items, and I didn't think Cowboy Bebop came in a set with every episode. But hey as long as you like it thats all that matters.[/quote]

So copyright infringement is a big no-no for games, but OK for DVDs?

[quote name='eldad9']Subtitle: English, Chinese.[/quote]

Most Anime has a Chinese release, both offical and unoffical. From what I can tell those could be the 'real' Chinese version. The price for real Chinese DVd is really that cheap, to counter bootleg.

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='nneace']I think maybe because I was looking at his other items, and I didn't think Cowboy Bebop came in a set with every episode. But hey as long as you like it thats all that matters.[/quote]

So copyright infringement is a big no-no for games, but OK for DVDs?[/quote]

Well how much of this site's revanue comes from the sale of anime DVDs? :D

I've always operated under the assumption that:
Region "0"
English/Chinese subs
Drastically lower number of disks
=
bootleg

Not to mention the classic trick of 'low bid/ungodly high shipping cost' which is not the sign of a pirate/bootlegger, but the sign of a cheap bastard. I don't know howmuch it costs to ship stuff to/from China, so 17.99 might be totally legit; I've seen US sellers ask 9.00 shipping for a video game.

Ok, I was thrown off for a second because it shows the seller as being in the UK, but I see item location is China.

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='nneace']I think maybe because I was looking at his other items, and I didn't think Cowboy Bebop came in a set with every episode. But hey as long as you like it thats all that matters.[/quote]

To each his own...I personally wouldn't buy it unless it comes from a store, but I am not the one bidding on the items. Oh so quick to jump on the piracy crusade aren't we?

Word son, they flame the crap out of me everytime I mention a modded xbox.

Yeah, I'd say thats EXACTLY what I would see in all the bootleg stores in Hong Kong. Dead giveaway for bootleg: the flip and open cases. Legit releases almost always come in dvd cases in my experience.

bread's done
Back