Is this "new and sealed" SNES game really new and sealed?

Action Jacktion

CAGiversary!
Recently I bought a supposedly new and sealed copy of Contra III off Ebay, but when it arrived I became suspicious. For one thing, the seam in the plastic ran around the sides of the box, when usually the seam is in the back and runs from top to bottom. The instruction book is in black and white, though I've seen it in color. Also, the precautions booklet is not printed on glossy paper. I'm pretty sure I just got a used game that had been resealed, but I thought I'd mention it here to make sure. I just don't understand why someone would go to all the trouble of doing that for a game like Contra III, which really isn't that rare and isn't worth that much, even for a sealed copy.

It is not hard to reseal a snes/nes/genesis games. The resealers are not hard to come by (Blockbuster) type resealer. So rentals, and rental employees may contribute to newly sealed games, as well as individuals. In addition there are several different ways a snes games game factory sealed.

Some companies did release black and white booklets...although I doubt a company like konami would be doing with during the snes days.

There are some shady sellers on eBay. I have seen many auctions say New and Sealed. Then when you ask them if it is brand new and factory sealed they say resealed. To me that is pretty low.

On the black and white booklet. I have seen some of those. Perhaps it was a late printing or something. The only black and white booklets I have seen are from konami.

I would say if you don't think it is new and factory sealed, it probably is not. Sorry. You live and learn and sometimes it costs money. I know I have.

Chris

wait wait wait

contra 3 was one of the games majesco re-released in the late 90's, can anyone confirm that they had a color book?

you should of took a picture of the game before you opened it.. now u have no evidence even if its a boot... nice going.

Im pretty sure that all of the Majescos had that type of manual. You can tell if its a Majesco by looking on the back of the cart. Instead of the normal gery sticker with the warnings on it, it will have the warnings molded into the plastic

bread's done
Back