is this PC worth anything

panasonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
is a laptop with these specs good for anything i dont know much about AMD so any help is appreciatedAMD AthlonTM 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 (1.7GHz/512KB)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic
15.4" Wide Screen XGA LCD Anti-Glare Display
1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHZ
120GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
8X DVD+/-RW w/Double-layer DVD+R Write Capability, for Vista® OS
ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory™ (integrated)

new interest

$549

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5270 (1.4GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA LCD Display with TrueLife
2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 2 DIMM
160GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
8X CD/DVD Burner w/ double-layer DVD+R write capability
Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Wireless 1390 802.11g Wi-Fi Mini Card

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']its pretty decent you dont want it give it to me

im on a 5 year old compaq :whistle2:( lol[/quote]

well can you give me some detailed information like how does it compare to intel and what makes it better

[quote name='panasonic']
  • AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 (1.7GHz/512KB)
  • ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory™ (integrated)
[/QUOTE]
Problems 1 and 2, right there.

I'd personally pay 200$ for that at most new ... and even at that price I'd still not want it. If all you plan on doing is using Word and surfing the net on it, it becomes a decent machine. Other than that though :no:

Reasons being:

Processor is slow ... and an AMD. Intels blow AMD out of the water now.

Integrated Video Card. I'm an ATI fanboy and still wouldn't get this one (or any integrated product).

5400RPM isn't to great for a HD. 7200RPMs is what you want or more. Then again it is just a laptop.

8x DVD player only plays at those speeds from my experience. I have a 20x DVD player and it only burns at 12x at most. Heck I've never even seen my DVD players reach it's max. In my opinion 8x is pretty slow ... then again I'm constantly copying stuff so I may just be picky :D

And last ... even though I'm also a PC windows fanboy, I've yet to actually try out Vista and all I hear from my bro is that it needs some work. I actually just built a computer and put XP onto it :D

For a non-gaming laptop, those are pretty good specs. Yes, there are better but that's still a good system.

I'd say it's probably worth around $400, easily.

i got a intel celeron 1.3 ghz 256 mb ram and a 20 gig hardrive

windows xp sp2 lol i would kill for that laptop but im broke i cant afford it lol

Yeah, actually, this is important: What are your intents/planned uses for this laptop? And how much did you see this one selling for?

Selling at $400 intent for normal internet, papers, photoshop, excel. However a goal is to one day play crysis so maybe i might want to invest in something better. There is a note book with these specs what do you guys think?

$549

160GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
Wireless 1390 802.11g Wi-Fi Mini Card

[quote name='panasonic']Selling at $400 intent for normal internet, papers, photoshop, excel. However a goal is to one day play crysis so maybe i might want to invest in something better. There is a note book with these specs what do you guys think?

$549

160GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
Wireless 1390 802.11g Wi-Fi Mini Card[/QUOTE]

You're not going to be playing Crysis on any laptop with integrated graphics... or most gaming laptops for that matter- even at low settings. And that processor isn't that good either- it's a very low end C2D processor which is better than the AMD one you previously mentioned.

Crysis is a very demanding game so you'll need a laptop with a good graphics card.

Lmao. If u think ur gonna get Crysis to play on a laptop for less than at least 1.5k, youre wayyyy outta the ballpark there.. -_-V

I don't play pc games, so its not that big of a deal for crysis main thing is a relaible computer for at least 3 years that isn't too slow. Thats why i am thinking of an imac. Are they usually more trust worthy?

Stay away from anything Intel® Integrated Graphics...in fact any type of intergated graphics card or shared memory. They create a bottleneck with the CPU. Your best bet is a GeForce Go video card.

And please stay away from iMac's. Everytime someone buys one, a kitten cries.

Don't listen to him ^

iMacs are awesome. I wouldn't get one for hardcore gaming. I would get one though as I only play Starcraft 2 (when it comes out)/WoW/Warcraft 3.

I use a Macbook and I love it. I run Windows XP in Parallels for development and everything else in OS X.

[quote name='hero101']I don't like that new specs for that laptop? You can't play games on that crappy video card.[/quote]

Sure it can...;)

Quake III Arena... Soldier of Fortune... Half Life 1...

and SNES/NES/GBA/Genises/NeoGeo/PSX emulators

It all depends on what you want out of the system.

If you want a gaming PC, build a desktop.

If you want a laptop... well, then there are few more questions.

What are the most power hungry things you're going to do with it?
Playing games (older ones or newer ones)?
Video encoding/photoshoping?
Media/email/browsing on the go?
How much do you want to spend?

$700 will get you a fairly powerful laptop that can run some games (not Crysis) and will be able to keep up with demanding use. Like having 30 FireFox tabs open while playing a DVD and downloading a massive torrent.

A $500 laptop will not have as much memory, CPU or hard disk space so while it'll still be able to do everything the $700 laptop can do, it'll just be slower. And a cheaper laptop is more likely to have integrated graphics which are much less up gaming than a mobile graphics chip.

bread's done
Back