Is this true or not? Please help.

epyon399

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
I bought the new GTA the other day at EB, and it worked fine until this morning. It wouldn't finish loading and said it couldn't read the disc. So a couple hours ago I returned it to EB, and the guy told me it stopped working because my PS2 laser is too powerful and it is burning my disc (or something like that.) He then showed me two rings scratched around the center of the disc, and he said that I needed to fix it. The only problem was, he didn't tell me how to fix it. Has anyone else had this problem, or heard of it? Please help, because 18 of my games have these rings and I can't replace some of them. Thanks.

Dude its your laser, its not actually burning the disc but it is rubbing against the disc when it is trying to focus on the disc, your ps2 needs to be cleaned or move the little white cog wheel so that the laser is further away from the disc

It is not physically possible to pump enough wattage through the laser in a typical optical ROM drive to do any damage to a disc. There are a number of components along the way that would failed before the input was translated to photons.

lmao those EB and Gamestop guys think they know everything... so powerful its burning the disc.. lol

... so powerful its burning the disc..

Laser too powerful.......That guy must be a born salesman if he could lie like that with a straight face.

Stay in school, kids.....you don't want to end up working in EB or Gamestop with winners like this.

I hear this happens most often when you stand your PS2 the tall way. If that's how you had it, you may want to try laying it down.

ps2 lasers burning disk.....i must remember that the next time aliens attack...they'll never know what hit em

bread's done
Back