Issue with bluray/dvd picture quality

Thorgouge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
So my PS3 warranty is coming close to expiring and I want to know if this issue is rare and could be resolved by sending the console in to Sony.

Basically, most dvd and blurays I watch (more blurays than dvds) have a weird watery fuzzy film looking impurity that covers the entire screen. With some movies, the issue is almost nonexistent (Sherlock Holmes bluray, Band of Brothers bluray for example), while others (Transformers 2 bluray, 24 dvds) are far worse to the point that its almost unwatchable. What is also strange is that the problem is again worse or better depending on which HDTV I am watching it on. I'm using an HDMI cable and I'll hook it up to find other specifications if requested.

Does anyone know if this is a common issue, or has anyone experienced it themselves? Any way to resolve this or should I just send it back to Sony for repairs/replacement? Would having it replaced pose the risk of getting back a PS3 with greater problems? I appreciate any help from you guys.

I would contact sony support and ask them what the problem could be. If they do not know the answer I would take advantage of the warranty ;)

bread's done
Back