Issues with Mic Volume on PS3 Dolby 7.1 Wireless Headset

Marauder7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Started after 1 or 2 firmware updates ago when most of my friends told me their having problems hearing me. Tried changing the mic volume but all but the number 5 have been grayed out. Tried Sony Support but was told change the volume in your settings. Anyone else having this issue?

Its a firmware issue. Apparently it will be fixed in next System Software Update. Its the reason I haven't purchased one yet.

[quote name='smiggity']Its a firmware issue. Apparently it will be fixed in next System Software Update. Its the reason I haven't purchased one yet.[/QUOTE]

Problem is 2 of my friends have the same headset and don't have this issue. Read on Amazon forums that since one of the firmware it's totally f'ed up this headset. Hear stack when it was nice and quiet before. Guess I'll have to use my bluetooth until this gets fixed.

Regarding Your Feedback on the Wireless Stereo Headset

+ Posted by Anand Agarwal // Sr. Manager, Brand Marketing

Since PS3 system software update (v.4.10) released in February, we’ve heard from some of you about a feature change that was introduced to the official Wireless Stereo Headset. I wanted to take the time to let you know that we have listened to your feedback and will be modifying the performance as part of a future firmware update.
Let me provide the backstory. With the 4.10 update, we added a feature that enabled you to hear your own voice through the headset when playing multiplayer modes. This type of audio feedback, technically known as “sidetone,” was among the features requested by some of you (and some of the press) for multiplayer gameplay. Unfortunately the feature has had unintended effects in certain games, and, based on some of the feedback we’ve heard from the community, a solution to improve the performance is under development.
We don’t have a confirmed timing yet for when the update will be released, but we will report back here. For any Wireless Stereo Headset owners who have been affected by this feature change, thanks for your continued patience while we work on the improvements.

bread's done
Back