Issues with my XBox, anyone elelse have this issue?

Retom7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Okay, so, previous to this last update, I was able to sign on fine, play games fine, and have the occassional issue with Netflix. Now, because of the update, I had crazy amounts of issues getting logged on, and the new Netflix app prevents me from being able to watch movies at all. I cannot solely blame the update, because I think it may be some issue with my hardware.

First off, the issue I'm getting is that when I click on a movie or show, my TV seems to almost turn off and turn back on and detect play settings, and with that, it gets into this little funk of having to repeat this process making anything you watch unwatchable. It used to just flip back and forth, but I was able to hit B and go back to the show description screen where I could play the show again. Typically, if it didn't work the first time, it would work the second time. Now, however, the process is different and it just gives me an error screen after the first time, which leads me to a black screen where I have to hit B a second time, and it doesn't work at all.

After all of that, up pops an error screen that reads:

"We're unable to play video on this device due to an output protection error. Please check your display settings and try again. (code: R8157-6032)." I have googled this code and only got a website with some guy in Brazil asking the same question. I tried to navigate Xbox Support's forum and website, btu I keep getting runtime errors now and it won't let me navigate anywhere.

So, here's the setup I have, and I'm thinking it may be connected to that, unless someone has another idea? My Xbox is connected through my Panasonic surround system via HDMI cable. My Panasonic surround system is connected to my Samsung 46" HDTV. I also have my cable box going into the surround and into the tv.

Now, keeping in mind that I'm technology stupid, I have no idea what I'm doing in the settings to know what to change anyway. I'm more than happy to provide details if asked, but that's about all I know offhand.

[quote name='Retom7']So, here's the setup I have, and I'm thinking it may be connected to that, unless someone has another idea?[/QUOTE]

The error sure sounds like it's related to the copy protection nonsense built into HDMI. As a first step, I'd hook the 360 directly into the TV and see if that does the same thing.

I'm thinking the receiver might be tripping some HDMI logic that is trying to prevent any analog output. What types of cables connect your receiver (Panasonic) to the TV (i.e. HDMI or component or )?

I just received this error in netflix. I watched Dirty Harry, the entire movie, and everything was fine. Then I exited, searched and put on George Carlin, and it gave me the error, Now I can't play anything in Netflix, and nothing's changed since the last movie ended less than 10 minutes ago. I think it's safe to say (at least in my case) that this is not a hardware issue, it's a bug in the update. They will likely iron it out soon, but if you are on twitter you can tweet @XboxSupport to see if they know anything about it. They've been getting flooded with about 50 tweets per minute of problems since the update went live.

http://twitter.com/#!/XboxSupport

I'm not too concerned myself, I'm gonna go play games for awhile, hopefully it'll get fixed soon. If I really want to watch Netflix right now I have other devices. I've heard a lot of complaints about the new Netflix app, so it may be a problem with that specifically. Apparently they took party support out of the Netflix app too.

@unopepito06 - or a pass-the-buck problem... :)

@army - I think you're on the right track. I have 2 hdmi cables connecting xbox to tv with the surround sound connecting the two. Maybe I'll switch to component cables. I just love the 1 wire hdmi thing...

@shrike - do you have a wire recommendation? I have generic wires from nowhereland.

bread's done
Back