Issues with Silent Hill HD collection?

[quote name='hiamiyumi']The PS3 version has encountered some oddities like sound or frame-rate issues. Konami will update a patch to fix it.
[/QUOTE]

Seems odd that amazon would stop selling it due to that.. there are a lot of games with performance issues or game breaking bugs that Amazon continues to sell.

Amazon pulls anything that they get enough complaints about. I had to wait to get the last Abarat book from Clive Barker due to a publishing error that had some of the pages upside down.

I love the reviews on Amazon: "How do you screw this up?" lol.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Amazon pulls anything that they get enough complaints about. I had to wait to get the last Abarat book from Clive Barker due to a publishing error that had some of the pages upside down.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've seen this quite a few times in the past year. It's usually because their packing method is in sufficient or they've received a batch of product with a a common defect (ie, loose discs).

[quote name='Porksta']What about people who don't have an internet connection and can't get the patch?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to disc based games in 2012.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The game is a fucking mess on PS3. It's far worse than the 360 version, which isn't a very good port either. Konami really fucked this up.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm wondering if I should exchange it for the 360 version or just return it altogether.. I really want it, though :(

[quote name='Scorch']Now I'm wondering if I should exchange it for the 360 version or just return it altogether.. I really want it, though :([/QUOTE]

From what I have heard, if you have the option of the 360 version, get that if you REALLY want the game. The 360 version still is a pretty bad port though.

Hmm... the first few posts about the PS3 version being bad got me thinking about getting the 360 version. Maybe I should wait on this. Kind of glad I didn't pre-order this.

Hmm, im playing it...just used the fire escape key. Game plays fine for me, there was a 300mb update when i first booted it up.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Amazon pulls anything that they get enough complaints about. I had to wait to get the last Abarat book from Clive Barker due to a publishing error that had some of the pages upside down.[/QUOTE]

To think people are complaining to Amazon about framerate issues blows my mind.

[quote name='Zaku77']Indeed, people are too whiny. It's not the retailers fault that the publisher sent them pseudo broken product.[/QUOTE]

It might not be Amazon's fault, but it becomes Amazon's problem if people keep returning the game.

Too whiny? I get that Amazon isn't the one to complain to, but I'm also not a fan of people rolling over and accepting shitty, half-assed ports. The silver lining here is that Amazon has enough retail power to potentially make Konami take notice. It might not fix anything, but it's a larger step than people just not buying the game (which Konami would view as lack of interest, not because the game is poor).

It's total BS that they released it the way that they did. It's 2012 though. These things can be patched. It seems completely daft to return it to the retailer because of these types of issues.

[quote name='diaeresis']For those who don't like the game, is it still better than playing the old games on a BC PS3?[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, no.

^Was just about to ask if I should just get Silent Hill 3 on PS2. I already have Silent Hill 2 on original Xbox. Guess I'll either get SH 3 or Silent Hill HD collection, depending on whoever will be cheaper soon.

Man, u guys are picky. The games plays fine....the only problem is slowdown when your running outside with all the fog. But for the most part your inside buildings anyway...

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^Was just about to ask if I should just get Silent Hill 3 on PS2. I already have Silent Hill 2 on original Xbox. Guess I'll either get SH 3 or Silent Hill HD collection, depending on whoever will be cheaper soon.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with the PS2 version; though my personal favs are the PC ports of SH3 and 4. Save anywhere, sleek graphics...screenshots!

[quote name='lude21']Man, u guys are picky. The games plays fine....the only problem is slowdown when your running outside with all the fog. But for the most part your inside buildings anyway...[/QUOTE]

noooo, it's pure BS from Konami, how can 2 gems lacking SH 4 be so bugged after having be remastered

[quote name='lude21']Man, u guys are picky. The games plays fine....the only problem is slowdown when your running outside with all the fog. But for the most part your inside buildings anyway...[/QUOTE]

I think that's the whole point.. Why play the remastered versions when you get better performance out of the originals? Probably better off playing the PC versions. Most people expect HD/remastered versions to be better, not worse..

That is NOT the only problem.

And a fucking 11 year old game should not have a problem running on far superior hardware in the first place.

bread's done
Back