IT IS OFFICIAL! Telltale's Sam & Max are coming to the Wii!

MarioColbert

CAGiversary!
OH YEAH.
IN YOUR FACE! IN YOUR FACE!
OH YEAH!
FACE!
OOOOOH HOOOOOO!

Can I get a "whaaa?"
Can I get a "huh?"
Can I get a "stfu n00b!"?
Can I get a post that's all like: oh and by the way RICKROLL?

Because guess what, bitches?

http://telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-321

[quote name='GOOD NEWS']
Yep. No joke. GameSpot just broke the good news.

I know what you're thinking: "I've heard this rumor so many times. Why should I believe it now?" I'll tell you why. Because this time it's not a rumor.

Watch for the official who/what/when/where/why tomorrow... or just take my word for it. Sam & Max is coming to Wii.

Woo!
[/quote]

Telltale are going to bust in this shit on your console all like BYAH!

(God damnit I'm going to have to get the damn game twice).

I just want to have this opportunity to say.... POINT AND CLICK FOREVER BITCHES! Except for, like, in Diablo. That's not nearly as cool.

That's good news I've been a fan of the series when I first saw the cartoon on fox a long time ago I really loved it and I've played the pc games I can't wait to buy this game. :bouncy:

OH YEAH.
IN YOUR FACE! IN YOUR FACE!
OH YEAH!
FACE!
OOOOOH HOOOOOO!

Can I get a "whaaa?"
Can I get a "huh?"
Can I get a "stfu n00b!"?
Can I get a post that's all like: oh and by the way RICKROLL?

Because guess what, bitches?

http://telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-321

[quote name='GOOD NEWS']
Yep. No joke. GameSpot just broke the good news.

I know what you're thinking: "I've heard this rumor so many times. Why should I believe it now?" I'll tell you why. Because this time it's not a rumor.

Watch for the official who/what/when/where/why tomorrow... or just take my word for it. Sam & Max is coming to Wii.

Woo!
[/quote]

Telltale are going to bust in this shit on your console all like BYAH!

(God damnit I'm going to have to get the damn game twice).

I just want to have this opportunity to say.... POINT AND CLICK FOREVER BITCHES! Except for, like, in Diablo. That's not nearly as cool.

That's good news I've been a fan of the series when I first saw the cartoon on fox a long time ago I really loved it and I've played the pc games I can't wait to buy this game. :bouncy:

I...I...I think I'm crying.

Tears. Of. Joy.

Just tell me where to send the money.

So hopefully Season 2 will follow, yes? And get us a Bone compilation, as well. In fact, why don't you guys at Telltale just acquire...by any means necessary...the rights to the full catalog of LucasArts adventure games and re-release them on the Wii?

This makes me want to find 2 random objects and combine them into something useful. [starts rummaging through the kitchen]

8fdc6ce7-76fa-11da-b964-0f09f07f632c.wmv.flv.jpg

[quote name='eugaet']
[/quote]

When in doubt, the answer to that question is always "MarioColbert's House."

[quote name='eugaet']
So hopefully Season 2 will follow, yes? And get us a Bone compilation, as well.
[/quote]

The way that Gamespot tells it, Sam & Max Season One found a publisher due to the fact that fan-made rumors of the port for the Wii was already in existence. I mean, yes, everyone pretty much screamed "yay Sam and Max on the Wii!" whenever the whole "Wii Developer Hired by Telltale" news hit, but shit wasn't happening until they had a publishing deal...

And I'm afraid that if the sales suck on this one.... I'd rather not think about it.

[quote name='eugaet']
In fact, why don't you guys at Telltale just acquire...by any means necessary...the rights to the full catalog of LucasArts adventure games and re-release them on the Wii?[/quote]

I'm sure you are well aware of what I'm about to say, but being that some people are not, I'd like to point out one thing...

The ONLY reason that Sam & Max saw light of day today is because it is a comic book license acquired by LucasArts from the allmighty Steve Purcell (who works at Pixar now, if I'm not mistaken). Sam & Max is about as "untraditional" as LucasArts titles get, as it is both a license AND a non-star wars license, which is just "wow."

In other words, I assure you that LucasArts adventures will be just as unmade and unrevisited as they have been for the past, eh, 10 years? Shit, has it been that long?

[quote name='eugaet']
This makes me want to find 2 random objects and combine them into something useful. [starts rummaging through the kitchen][/quote]

Make them video games : http://www.retrosabotage.com/ (not really adventures, just a cool site, BAM!)

My new mission is to ensure that Sam & Max Season One is a best-seller on the Wii, because Season Two rules balls, and I need it on the Wii, if only for the fourth episode.... Your WiiGUIDE for Sam & Max: Season One is coming soon (tomorrow, sometime, whenever I'm at work, bored, as per usual).

Thanks to CAG boards for having enough people who know what the fuck this means.

BALLS.

That's what it means.

ive yet to play any of these on the PC, so i guess i could wait for the wii version.

i hope its only 30 though (the price for the PC version), at least no more than 40. maybe it will motivate me to finally buy the pc version.

I...I...I think I'm crying.

Tears. Of. Joy.

So hopefully Season 2 will follow, yes? And get us a Bone compilation, as well. In fact, why don't you guys at Telltale just acquire...by any means necessary...the rights to the full catalog of LucasArts adventure games and re-release them on the Wii?

This makes me want to find 2 random objects and combine them into something useful. [starts rummaging through the kitchen]

[quote name='eugaet']
[/quote]

When in doubt, the answer to that question is always "MarioColbert's House."

[quote name='eugaet']
So hopefully Season 2 will follow, yes? And get us a Bone compilation, as well.
[/quote]

The way that Gamespot tells it, Sam & Max Season One found a publisher due to the fact that fan-made rumors of the port for the Wii was already in existence. I mean, yes, everyone pretty much screamed "yay Sam and Max on the Wii!" whenever the whole "Wii Developer Hired by Telltale" news hit, but shit wasn't happening until they had a publishing deal...

And I'm afraid that if the sales suck on this one.... I'd rather not think about it.

[quote name='eugaet']
In fact, why don't you guys at Telltale just acquire...by any means necessary...the rights to the full catalog of LucasArts adventure games and re-release them on the Wii?[/quote]

I'm sure you are well aware of what I'm about to say, but being that some people are not, I'd like to point out one thing...

The ONLY reason that Sam & Max saw light of day today is because it is a comic book license acquired by LucasArts from the allmighty Steve Purcell (who works at Pixar now, if I'm not mistaken). Sam & Max is about as "untraditional" as LucasArts titles get, as it is both a license AND a non-star wars license, which is just "wow."

In other words, I assure you that LucasArts adventures will be just as unmade and unrevisited as they have been for the past, eh, 10 years? Shit, has it been that long?

[quote name='eugaet']
This makes me want to find 2 random objects and combine them into something useful. [starts rummaging through the kitchen][/quote]

Make them video games : http://www.retrosabotage.com/ (not really adventures, just a cool site, BAM!)

My new mission is to ensure that Sam & Max Season One is a best-seller on the Wii, because Season Two rules balls, and I need it on the Wii, if only for the fourth episode.... Your WiiGUIDE for Sam & Max: Season One is coming soon (tomorrow, sometime, whenever I'm at work, bored, as per usual).

Thanks to CAG boards for having enough people who know what the fuck this means.

BALLS.

That's what it means.

ive yet to play any of these on the PC, so i guess i could wait for the wii version.

i hope its only 30 though (the price for the PC version), at least no more than 40. maybe it will motivate me to finally buy the pc version.

Well I will box up the PC version and all the goodies I bought along with it and wait to finish it on the Wii...

Now if we can get some pendulo studios games on the Wii and not just the DS....

Good news here thats for sure.

The good news? Sam & Max. The bad news?[quote name='aTOH']I AM DEAD AND WENT TO HEAVEN.[/quote]It takes ten fucking AP to use a syringe on you, man. This is what you get for sleeping in a VSB building.

I've been excited ever since I heard the news.

I have the PC version, BUT THE WII VERSION REQUIRES MUCH PURCHASING. Double dip, baby!

I'm very very very excited about this news release. I downloaded a game demo of one of the Sam and Max cases, and I found it delightfully original and playful in its presentation. I can't say what I feel an appropriate price point would be for this game, but believe me when I say I will be watching this one with much interest.

Fantastic, and $29.99 is the right price. I would of been pissed if they tried to sell it for more than that considering you can get it for so cheap on the PC.

I've played like the first three episodes on the PC and then I heard this news and promptly uninstalled it. It might seem silly to some, but I'd rather play it on my television and with the Wii remote. Hopefully they don't drop the ball on presentation, give me 480p/16:9 fools. ;)

This is awesome. I love adventure games. I love Sam & Max.

Of course, I have already played through all of Season 1. Have they said anything about unique wii content? I would buy it at full price if they simply added something like an all new episode.

New content or not, I glad to see this coming to wii. After all, wii can always use more adventure games.

I actually did the Google thing after I posted that (figuring that it wasn't some secret Torrents thing --my first thought-- but rather a free demo to get you to buy the game). [Insert embarassed smiley here.]

Considering that TellTale is also partaking in bringing the new StrongBad game to the Wiis everywhere, I have to say that I'm extremely excited by the prospect of having a developer that is known for its "rock solid" contemporary adventures. I've been busy as hell as of late, but I'll be updating the OP tomorrow at work with the info regarding both Seasons. I can tell you right now, that this game can not possibly disappoint.

Also, I have a code for a free Season 2 Episode 1... It's only good for one person, so I don't know what I should do with it. I'm MOST CERTAINLY giving it away for free, so either be the first to ask, or maybe I'll just post it sometime and wish best of luck to whoever is the first one to grab it... :)

In any case, anyone looking for ICE STATION SANTA (S&M.S2.E01.HDTV.MaRiOCoLbErT) you should most certainly SAY SOMETHING.

http://www.telltalegames.com/company/pressreleases/id-71

[quote name='TellTale PR']
Release date for Sam & Max Wii set for October 7 in North American retail stores
GameStop offers preorder deal to celebrate console debut of "gaming's first sitcom"

SAN RAFAEL, September 17, 2008 – Telltale and The Adventure Company are announcing that the highly-anticipated Sam & Max Season One for Wii™ will be in retail stores across North America starting October 7. Thanks to this console debut, for the first time Telltale's award-winning comedy series can be enjoyed in the comfort of the living room, bringing you closer than ever to the experience of playing your favorite television show.

The Sam & Max series is structured like a TV series, with self-contained episodes that tie into a larger overarching storyline as the season progresses. The Wii version collects the first six-episode "season" of Sam & Max games on one retail disc. In Season One, straight-laced canine detective Sam and his psychotic "rabbity-thing" sidekick Max are on the hunt for the mastermind behind a baffling hypnosis conspiracy. Players get to interrogate suspects (with amusing results), uncover clues, solve puzzles, and ultimately piece together the underlying mystery that links the episodes.

The story-focused gameplay and simple "point and click" interface have a low learning curve, and a new tutorial ensures that even players new to the Sam & Max experience will be up to speed in minutes. Sam & Max Season One for Wii also has a few technical improvements over the PC original, including widescreen support.

To welcome the arrival of the first Sam & Max console game, GameStop (NYSE: GME) is offering a special preorder deal. Customers who reserve the game in stores or through GameStop.com before the October 7 release will receive a CD containing Sam & Max bonus content, including a behind-the-scenes "making of" featurette, trailers, concept art, a soundtrack sampler, and desktop wallpapers. More details can be found here.

Sam & Max Season One for Wii will retail in North America for $29.99 (USD). Release information for Europe and other territories will be announced soon. A trailer, screenshots, and additional game details can be found at the official website.[/quote]

October 7th, bitches.

bread's done
Back