It just took me 30 freaking minutes to park my car!

seen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
As the title states this evening it took me 30 damn minutes to park my car.

It amazes me how many people illegally change the expiration dates on their "No-Parking" or No-Stopping" zones. What an honest world we live in.....

/RANT :cool:

Not as bad as "handicapped" people. I swear, they really lowered the requirements to get that license plate.

images

Well I use to live at an apartment where you come home past 4:00pm your sol for parking space. Some nights it got so bad I had to risk parking my car across the street in front of a grocery market (luckily never got a ticket or towed), but its freaking miserable coming home from work and taking an additional 15~20 minutes just to look for a damn parking spot. grr my rant

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Not as bad as "handicapped" people. I swear, they really lowered the requirements to get that license plate.

images
[/QUOTE]

Yah the thing mthat pisses me off is how they give handicap plates and stickers to people who's problem is that they are obese. I know there are legit reasons for some people. But for most it's a life style problem and not a true physical problem why they're fat asses.

Love that photo!

Reminds me of a time a few years back I tried to find a parking spot at the mall. Drove around a good 15 minutes at least probably and I know I circled the mall once if not twice. I finally found one, and tired of wasting gas, I pull in. Of course, the car just pulled out and on the other side was a lady trying to get this same spot. I wasn't going to keep looking so why shouldn't I have pulled in? Fast forward about 10 minutes later and I finally got out of my car (there was a good although long song on the radio so I waited for it to finish) and when I finally get in the door, there she is standing with her daughter just to bitch at me. Some people, I swear.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Not as bad as "handicapped" people. I swear, they really lowered the requirements to get that license plate.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about that myself. I'm usually in the parking lot half the time for my job and it's crazy how many times I see what seems to be perfectly able bodied people in handicapped spaces. Now, I could understand if they were shopping for their grandmother and just took their car on occasion, but this seems to happen more times than it should.

Living in the 'burbs > living in the city.

I remember years ago I had an interview for an assessor position. I would've got the job, but it was downtown, and I drove for 20 minutes looking for a parking spot. There wasn't one, so I just drove home.

[quote name='JStryke']Reminds me of a time a few years back I tried to find a parking spot at the mall. Drove around a good 15 minutes at least probably and I know I circled the mall once if not twice. I finally found one, and tired of wasting gas, I pull in. Of course, the car just pulled out and on the other side was a lady trying to get this same spot. I wasn't going to keep looking so why shouldn't I have pulled in? Fast forward about 10 minutes later and I finally got out of my car (there was a good although long song on the radio so I waited for it to finish) and when I finally get in the door, there she is standing with her daughter just to bitch at me. Some people, I swear.[/quote]
I haven't had quite that experience before, but I HAVE had the typical 'on the cell phone blind lane change' driver multiple times. The one time though I got a 'concerned mother' cutting me off in traffic and when I went to confront her ass when she stopped she screamed AT ME for 'putting her children in danger'. Excuse me lady, but you fuckin' cut ME off dipshit. I laid into her in a non expletive rant saying 'maybe if you left 20 minutes earlier you wouldn't have to cut people off in traffic almost causing accidents'. She shut right the hell up after that.;)
I was wondering about that myself. I'm usually in the parking lot half the time for my job and it's crazy how many times I see what seems to be perfectly able bodied people in handicapped spaces. Now, I could understand if they were shopping for their grandmother and just took their car on occasion, but this seems to happen more times than it should.
Exactly. I've kinda wondered if some of these people are mentally handicapped(cuz they sure drive like it;)) since I never see anything physically wrong with them.

What's even more infuriating is when they get out of the car with a cane and they're practically twirling it on their arm. Nice going there faker.

Before my wife and I were married, she lived in an apartment complex that had open parking. If I went over there after getting off work at 5:30, there wouldn’t be any spots left, so I’d have to park at the supermarket a mile away and walk over.
Since then, I’ve decided to never live in a complex that doesn’t have assigned parking. It’s worth paying a bit extra.

[quote name='Brownjohn']
Since then, I’ve decided to never live in a complex that doesn’t have assigned parking. It’s worth paying a bit extra.[/QUOTE]

It's a double edged sword. I hate living anywhere that is a pain for me as a resident to find parking. But I live in a high rise now and have an assigned spot, but visitor parking is a bitch as we have over 300 units in our high rise and only 7 or so 24 hour visitor spots and another 15 or so that are visitor spots from 7pm-7am MF and 24 hours on the weekends (are business spots during the day).

So it's a real pain in the ass to have guests over.

I could never live in a densely crowded area. Parking and driving are too big of a pain in the ass. I think I've lived in burbs/rural too long.

Moving your car and finding a place in the winter is also a huge pain in the ass.

When I lived in Bloomington, MN near the MoA, in the winter I had a heated garage below the apartments and it was totally worth the extra $50/month.

Yeah, there's a method to reduce American obesity. Take their plates away so they have to walk (ie: exercise).

I think you hit the nail on the head. All the people I see that look okay but use handicap spaces have that one thing in common: they're fat. Since the advent of the remote control, it's all been downhill.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']
All the people I see that look okay but use handicap spaces have that one thing in common: they're fat. Since the advent of the remote control, it's all been downhill.[/QUOTE]

That's size discrimination, why couldn't a skinny person get a handicapped spot for malnutrition? I completely agree that its amazing how many people have those placards.

My neighbors are all loud, obnoxious, selfish assholes and the neighborhood I live in is like a zoo at times. People have junk cars parked on their properties for years with expired inspection stickers, people park anywhere they damn well please(including in the middle of our driveway in a snowstorm:bomb:) and some neighbors have a thing for really slamming their car doors or using really loud vehicles at 6am(aka a motorcycle even in bitterly cold weather or a noisy pickup truck).

Couple that with a guy up the corner who has a pickup truck with 4-5 foot high tires that blocks your view of the side street to see if traffic is coming and yeah....I really hate this fuckin' neighborhood.

In my old neighborhood you almost literally could hear a pin drop at 11pm. Around here if it's not some douchebag speeding up the hill and ignoring the stop sign at the bottom of the hill it's someone blaring their music or slamming doors or letting their car alarm wail for 20 fuckin' minutes.

As for the parking thing the people up the street have 6-8 people or more living in the same house and for a while everyone in the house had a car. So every spot up and down the hill would be occupied, including spaces out in front of our house.:roll:

Considering the fact when we first moved into this neighborhood and it took the cops over an hour and a half to show up when neighborhood kids were riding their bikes through the lawn my family had just paid to have planted making ruts in it I'd say NO.

I guess since someone wasn't being murdered(though I wanted to strangle one of the kids riding their bikes in the yard:bomb:) it wasn't a priority for them.

By the time they arrived the kids and their parents(who we were screaming back and forth at) had left and everything was quiet.

Our lovely neighbors who had 'lived there for 40 years' told the cops they 'didn't know who the kids were', yet the next day the lil bastards were back around and they knew them by name. Just goes to show how nice our lovely neighbors are too.:roll:

I know how you feel. I tried to parking on campus one day and never got a spot. Got on campus 40min before my class started to make sure I had plenty of time to park my car. 1 hour later (20 minutes into my 50min class), I still couldn't find a spot so I just went home. Parking can suck sometimes, especially when people start parking in illegal places and blocking off streets/entrances to parking lots. Yea, that is where the fun starts.

Oh don't worry. If someone blocks my families driveway and I need to go somewhere in a hurry their car is getting moved...by my back bumper.;):evil:

That's why I just kinda laughed when my family suggested I become a truck driver for an occupation cuz I'd be going all Breakdown on the fuckheads in this neighborhood and shoving their vehicles into a wall or two.;)

Why did you let these kids intimidate your family if their your neighbors and you know where they live? Standing up to them shows them you won't be pushed around. If anything you could have filed a police report for property damage against them.

[quote name='seen']Why did you let these kids intimidate your family if their your neighbors and you know where they live? Standing up to them shows them you won't be pushed around. If anything you could have filed a police report for property damage against them.[/QUOTE]
I tried the standing up to them thing, but at the time my family felt it would just be better to file a police report and go from there. But since no one else(especially the old asshole neighbor next door) knew anything about these kids supposedly and it took the cops over an hour to show up we had nowhere near enough info to try and file a report with.

Personally I still hate the mf'ers(both the neighbor and the kids) to this day and if I were a paramedic n ever saw any of them bleeding to death on the side of the highway I'd probably drive right by.:evil: I hold a grudge forever.

Oh, I had some neighbors that could compete with yours. The kind that throw bonfire parties in the backyard at 3:00 AM on a Tuesday.

bread's done
Back