Item damaged in shipping what do you think I should do?

jlindsay26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I won a Super Gun on eBay a few days ago for a good price $100 since it was untested plus shipping it arrived with a broken Jamma connector which wasn't broken before shipping. The seller did a poor job of packing it so I don't think an insurance claim would work I've dealt with UPS before and it can be a pain filing a claim. I was wondering what you guys think I should do? I figure I can get a replacement connector for around $10 shipping and fix it myself. I think the seller should refund part of the price since it's their fault do to the poor packing, but I not sure what would be fair the cost or the connector or the cost of the connector plus labor?. I've sent them an email to let them know about the problem and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I real don't want to have to send it back because of the weight around 30 lbs. So I am open to suggestion. What should I do if I don't hear back from them let it go and fix it myself, leave negitive feedback, file a claim with paypal?

Thanks Jason

Go halfsies on the repair costs. It makes sense, and nobody's feeling too cheated.

*supresses need to point out punctuation stuff in thread title*

[quote name='jlindsay26']I won a Super Gun on eBay a few days ago for a good price $100 since it was untested plus shipping it arrived with a broken Jamma connector which wasn't broken before shipping. The seller did a poor job of packing it so I don't think an insurance claim would work I've dealt with UPS before and it can be a pain filing a claim. I was wondering what you guys think I should do? I figure I can get a replacement connector for around $10 shipping and fix it myself. I think the seller should refund part of the price since it's their fault do to the poor packing, but I not sure what would be fair the cost or the connector or the cost of the connector plus labor?. I've sent them an email to let them know about the problem and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I real don't want to have to send it back because of the weight around 30 lbs. So I am open to suggestion. What should I do if I don't hear back from them let it go and fix it myself, leave negitive feedback, file a claim with paypal?

Thanks Jason[/QUOTE]

id ask him to refund you all or partial payment for whatever the new part is that was damaged... If I was the seller thats what I would suggest to the buyer instead of shipping it back.

bread's done
Back