It's my Birthday, OTT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit didn't realize we hit 500 already. Happy b-day MNL...

Since you'll probably miss this TFN here it is again:

[quote name='tiredfornow']You would rip me off anyways, LinkinPrime. :([/quote]

I was just going to send it to you...for free...whatever :whistle2:(

-----

So what's the deal with these Magic cards, you want them or should I give them to Brak?

Dedicated to you MNL

happy birthday, you're not special. you're getting older, but not much better. we all want to embarrass you, that's why we're singing this song. so happy fucking birthday. you're not special. you're not special.

It's from a NOFX song...I don't listen to them but I've heard this one before.

Happy Birthday. :D

cheddarcheese.png

[quote name='manthing']Millertime: how's the Madness app?[/quote]
It's decent - I didn't have a chance to listen to the sound but I put the ipod in my lap and watched the games during classes... It was great in the classes near the router, not so much in the classes that I only got a single bar.

I'm satisfied with it though, definatley.

South Park and Simpsons both suck.

I've only seen a handful of episodes of The Simpsons, but that shit just wasn't funny and South Park has always been really stupid to me. :(

[quote name='tiredfornow']South Park and Simpsons both suck.

I've only seen a handful of episodes of The Simpsons, but that shit just wasn't funny and South Park has always been really stupid to me. :([/quote]

The best episodes of South Park are the social commentary episodes. The character driven ones suck. The Simpsons are the exact opposite.

[quote name='tiredfornow']South Park and Simpsons both suck.

I've only seen a handful of episodes of The Simpsons, but that shit just wasn't funny and South Park has always been really stupid to me. :([/QUOTE]
Step into my office.
[quote name='Mojimbo']I

[quote name='Number83']It's Mak's Birthday too![/quote]

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Happy Birthday, Mak![/quote]

[quote name='zewone']Happy Birthday, Mak. :D

cheddarcheese.png
[/quote]

Thanks for remembering guys!

(and I can't see that picture Zewmang but I hope its a lovely feminina)

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Mojimbo, where / when did you pick that up?

I've been looking to get a decent netbook at around $300 or less. $150 for that thing is a steal.[/quote]

http://www.cheapstingybargains.com/ is giving away a mini 10 for those who register for the newsletter (contest).

I used a free $100 Giftcert from Dell (when I ordered my last system) to get one for my Mom. It was $225 shipped. They are also giving them away free (off and on) with select new system purchases.

I think Mojo got in on the Slickdeals thing.

[quote name='Maklershed'](and I can't see that picture Zewmang but I hope its a lovely feminina)[/QUOTE]:lol:[quote name='manthing']That's the one from Dell, right?

What upgrades have you done, hardware-wise?[/QUOTE]I just bought a stick of RAM from Amazon with some of my credit from the Watchmen exploit and a 16GB for $40 off of eBay after coupons and cashback. I hope I can sell my bundle of the original 4GB SSD + 512MB of RAM + Ubuntu disc to make back some of that money. I'll upgrade to a faster, larger SSD once the prices start to drop, I just wanted enough space for the OS and apps, music and video can be streamed or put on my external drive.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Mojimbo, where / when did you pick that up?

I've been looking to get a decent netbook at around $300 or less. $150 for that thing is a steal.[/QUOTE]http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=508254&t=1214201

You can still get a really good deal on them, but you kind of have to work at it.

I'd recommend you order a refurbished/previously sold as new one off of the Dell Outlet. They're supposed to be good as new and a big problem with ordering them new is that they take forever to get them to you(I think they build them to order, so when you put in an order it gets sent to Asia where they build it there and they then take forever boxing it and sending it over to the US, where they still have to FedEx it to you. There's also been shortages of new parts recently too.) Mine took nearly 3 weeks to get to me and that's supposed to be a really good turnaround. With refurbs they're already built and in the US so it takes like a week.

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...line/en/InventorySearch?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh

They sell the base model for $189. It comes with 512MB of RAM and a 4GB SSD. Ubuntu or XP Home. I'd recommend you get a white one instead of black, since it'll show fingerprints less and it costs the same. I've also seen some configurations on there for like $249 for a 16GB SSD and 2GB of RAM, so I'd recommend you either get the base and upgrade it yourself or buy it at $249 with that in it. Their stock changes all the time so you really have to keep an eye on it to find a deal.

There are 15% coupons floating around that you can get for free or for a couple of dollars.

http://www.e-junkie.com/coupon/tag/403/3419/5551/tag.php#OUTLET

The way I really got the most out of the deal was by buying a Dell gift card off eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=140304366492

I got instant cashback on top of that so I ended up paying $69 for $100 of credit.

Goddamn, Time Warner are a bunch of fucking idiots.

I had my appointment set for today, between 5-7, and the dude calls me right now that my appointment for 5-7 was moved up since he finished all of his other shit. I tell him I'm not there until 5-7 and he says "Well, I'm leaving the area and you'll have to reschedule if you can't be here in the next 30 minutes." I told him "Look, some people aren't at home until they get out of work and I don't get out of work until 5pm, which is why I set the appointment for that date. If you're seriously going to do me like that, then you can expect someone from up above to shit all over you for treating a customer like that. I set my appointment for the set time and you can't just bump shit up on your own because you're all done with your previous appointments. Either sit around and wait until 5 or expect to lose your job." All he said was "Um, alright, you can reschedule with us later on today" and hung up.

Is he being fucking serious? I'm calling TW right now, but holy fuck I'm pissed cause that shit ain't right. First the stupid mistake of coming at an earlier time and calling the disconnected service and now I need to bend my schedule around them. :bomb:

Thanks a ton for that info. I'll probably go with the base model at some point, and get some more storage down the road. I really just would like one for basic word processing and web browsing - music and movies would be a nice bonus, but I do have an iPod for that, so it's not a huge deciding factor for me. Thanks again for the links, I'll keep an eye out.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Ghostbusters is going to be "Gears of War LITE"? :whistle2:?[/quote]

I think that statement is about the Co-op emphasis and the AI buddy-system dynamic.

There's nothing better than arguing with Comcast here, "If you don't like our service you can switch to another... oh wait... we're the only service."

[quote name='tiredfornow']Goddamn, Time Warner are a bunch of fucking idiots.

I had my appointment set for today, between 5-7, and the dude calls me right now that my appointment for 5-7 was moved up since he finished all of his other shit. I tell him I'm not there until 5-7 and he says "Well, I'm leaving the area and you'll have to reschedule if you can't be here in the next 30 minutes." I told him "Look, some people aren't at home until they get out of work and I don't get out of work until 5pm, which is why I set the appointment for that date. If you're seriously going to do me like that, then you can expect someone from up above to shit all over you for treating a customer like that. I set my appointment for the set time and you can't just bump shit up on your own because you're all done with your previous appointments. Either sit around and wait until 5 or expect to lose your job." All he said was "Um, alright, you can reschedule with us later on today" and hung up.

Is he being fucking serious? I'm calling TW right now, but holy fuck I'm pissed cause that shit ain't right. First the stupid mistake of coming at an earlier time and calling the disconnected service and now I need to bend my schedule around them. :bomb:[/quote]

It'll be amusing when you turn the tables on him, like kramer did to the cable guy in that one episode of seinfeld.

I think cable installers suck because most of the time they don't actually work for whatever company you have service with, they're usually contractors. That goes for satellite too.

Try to find out if the guy works for TW or is a contractor, then call and complain to the cable contractor.

I've never seen Seinfeld. Jerry Seinfeld annoys me.
---
Time Warner has their own shit, Jake. Well, atleast down here they do.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I've never seen Seinfeld. Jerry Seinfeld annoys me.
[/quote]
GTFO? Really? Not once? Of course Seinfeld is annoying, that's part of his shtick. He's annoying and superficial, all the characters on the show were bad people that you really would never want to hang around with.

My favorite episode on Seinfeld was the one where Jerry and George find that old frogger machine at the pizza place. George trying to get it across the street had me rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back