It's not the end of GGT 137, but you can see it from here

Indignate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
You guys had your 3s thread.

Deus Ex is the bomb yo!

Good thing too, because if it wasn't, I'd be like...

latest-deus-ex-human-revolution-trailer-is-full-of-intrigue.jpg

Thank you for being so supportive.

Also...

[quote name='Indignate']I got that 3s finally.

Add me on the Triple.

Also jumped on that Skype train.

Add me on that too. natez209.[/QUOTE]

Haven't gotten any request/invites yet...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6572976/1/Nexial_Tidings

Nexial Tidings not to be confused with Nexial Binding

(please review and give me tips so i can write better English isnet my first anguage)

The Maiden in Black and Boldwin were busy in the Nexus. It was the week before Christmas and things were beginning to feel festive despite the Demon's Scourge, so they hung up decorations in the Nexus to add some cheer. Pretty soon there would be a big Christmas party to celebrate Christmas. The Maiden wanted everything to be perfect for the brave heroes who were trapped in the Nexus and there would probably be a pure white world tendency so people can do things like visit Miralda Hillard from Mrs. Doubtfire in 1-1 or to get the magical spear in Valley of Defilement, or to free Lord Rondell from Latrine Tower of Hope but first you have to gt the keys from the second part. You can also have a Dynasty Warriors match with Satosuski with Makotoe if you get it because he gets mad, and you can see Scurvy in Stone$$$ tunnels but he's stupid so dont bother.

"This beauitfl things, twinkings greenly at hence" The Maiden said happily as she hung up wreaths.

"Enough Lesslie!" Boldwin said. Leslie is actually The Maiden's real name but they call her The Maiden for emphasis.

Leslie didnt seem to notice. "Brave Boldwin, might thee climb up to Broken Giants archstone? A small tree may spice up Christmas." Boldwin sighed irritatingly

"Nobody even bothers to look at this one!" he snarped.

"Silly Baldwin. Gumphrey always notices." Boldwin got scared.

GRUMPREHY? he yelled and Patches the Hyena looked up anxiously from what he was doing which was probably swining someone out of money. Gumphrey was the Fat Minister who lives in Boletarian Palace and Stonefang TUnnels who hits with a big axe and shoots a fireball. NOBODY LIKES THAT ASSHOLE WHY DID YOU INVITE HIM

Just then, Stockpile Thomas walked up the stairs with a Santa Claws hat and some decoartions in his hand.

"What's this commotion?" Stockpile Thomas said gruffly and happy. He was such a nice guy.

"LEslie invited Gumphrey and his friends to the Christmas party. She always does this! I hate it! For being a strong demon you aren't too smart!"

Stockpile Thomas and Leslie laughed together.

"Oh, Boldwin," said Stockpile Thomas as he handed Bodwins a beautiful red stocking. "You have a lump of coal. Don't let them take it from you!"

Biorr's loud laughter resonated throughout the Nexus and it scared The Monumental because he's sensitive and only 5 years old.

[quote name='distgfx']What's overwhelming is how little they tell you in the trials. Some of them need to show people how they're done and when you need to do something special like hit a character from a certain distance, kara a move or only a certain number of hits are supposed to hit the character. I was like "If I hadn't of known this, I would have NEVER figured it out".[/QUOTE]
This is the problem I'm having. Could you please tell me what to press to parry? I thought it was just meaning block at first, but that wasn't it, so I tried doing a projectile to cancel out whatever move they were doing to me, but that didn't work either. I still don't know what it is.

After I get done with school today I plan on diving back into it and trying to beat arcade mode without continues.

[quote name='whoknows']That's why I ask you how to do things :cool:[/QUOTE]

It seems to be working out.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']This is the problem I'm having. Could you please tell me what to press to parry? I thought it was just meaning block at first, but that wasn't it, so I tried doing a projectile to cancel out whatever move they were doing to me, but that didn't work either. I still don't know what it is.

After I get done with school today I plan on diving back into it and trying to beat arcade mode without continues.[/QUOTE]

High/Mid attacks = press forward right before it hits you
Low attacks = press down right before it hits you (not d/f or d/b, just down)

[quote name='distgfx']
High/Mid attacks = press forward right before it hits you
Low attacks = press down right before it hits you (not d/f or d/b, just down)[/QUOTE]Thank you very, very much!

I got 7/15 Parried. Then I somehow managed to jump over Chun-Li to break it up. IFAIL.

Also, what the heck is Second Impact and why do I have Ibuki's colors from said Second Impact?

The Replay Server on 360 seems to be down, so I can't upload my glorious fail in a Tournament I partook in.

Is parrying generally only something that happens in the higher tiers of fighting? I don't think I've ever seen it used that much by regular players (unless you count advance blocking in MvC3) and it seems kind of hard to learn since you need to know how many hits whatever move you're parrying has.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Is parrying generally only something that happens in the higher tiers of fighting? I don't think I've ever seen it used that much by regular players (unless you count advance blocking in MvC3) and it seems kind of hard to learn since you need to know how many hits whatever move you're parrying has.[/QUOTE]

Only Street Fighter 3 has parrying.

(well technically so does CvS2, but for all intents and purposes only 3s has parrying. Oh and there are similar systems like Just Defend, but yeah.... just read the original sentence).

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Only Street Fighter 3 has parrying.

(well technically so does CvS2, but for all intents and purposes only 3s has parrying. Oh and there are similar systems like Just Defend, but yeah.... just read the original sentence).[/QUOTE]Okay, that makes sense then. How do they expect you to know how to do it if it's only in this one? Do they not think that anyone will play this that hasn't played SF3?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Okay, that makes sense then. How do they expect you to know how to do it if it's only in this one? Do they not think that anyone will play this that hasn't played SF3?[/QUOTE]

It should tell you under "How to play".

Parrying is the weirdest mechanic in SF3. It feels great when you do it, but it somehow feels wrong at the same time.

Still enjoying Mercenaries 3D. I completed 4-1 earlier and I found out that Costumes count as different characters. That's kinda lame.

[quote name='distgfx']It should tell you under "How to play".[/QUOTE]Thanks! I didn't notice anything like that in the menus last night, but I'll look for it when I play today!

[quote name='KingBroly']Parrying is the weirdest mechanic in SF3. It feels great when you do it, but it somehow feels wrong at the same time.

Still enjoying Mercenaries 3D. I completed 4-1 earlier and I found out that Costumes count as different characters. That's kinda lame.[/QUOTE]
I don't know about wrong, it just feels weird to me. Hopefully, I'll get used to it, though.

That sucks about the costumes, I'm actually getting Mercs today from Amazon and am really looking forward to playing it (can't be worse than SSF4) and am probably going to primarily play in different costumes.

Parrying definitely seems like a technique which makes SF3 as a much more technical entry in the series.

I'm gonna dive into the SP/training a bit more tonight and see if I can make any progress with Ryu

Also, the GAF OT for SF3S, has a lot of useful info and links for scrubs like me

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441407

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, first night of 3sOE and maybe played like 2 Ken players. Interesting to see that I played more variation of characters in one night of 3s than in SSF4AE.

I wish I knew more people locally to play dem videogames with. When I was in college the two games I played with local MP constantly were Halo and Smash.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']What's coming out on the 6th?[/QUOTE]

Dead Island.
Resistance 3.
Disgaea 4.

and maybe some other stuff? I'm not thrilled so far.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I wish I knew more people locally to play dem videogames with. When I was in college the two games I played with local MP constantly were Halo and Smash.[/QUOTE]
So do I. Before I moved here my friends and I would regularly get together for a game night where we'd play Budokai 3, RSV, Halo, Smash, and MvC. I can't find a soul here that's interested in anything except MK or CoD.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'll be free in about a half hour if you'll still be up for some matches, Frosty. I can't find my PS3 mic, though.[/QUOTE]

I don't care -- just send me an invite and post on here that you're ready or something.:lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't care -- just send me an invite and post on here that you're ready or something.:lol:[/QUOTE]
Alright, I'm ready now mang! I'm hopping online now.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Third Strike is reminding me how sloppy my execution has gotten.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. Whenever my character is on the left side, The movement for super gets all retarded and my character dp's instead of pulling out a super.

Ranked Matches and Replays are down for the 360 version apparently. This sucks.

In the meantime I got to 15/15 on the Parry. I still have no idea what to do after that though.

In Mercenaries 3D, you unlock costumes for doing specific things. For example, by getting an SS rank with Jill on 3-5, I unlocked her "Casual" costume. Haven't unlocked anything else at the moment.

Hell yea

IMAG0049s.jpg

100% with Makoto! Her trials are the hardest I've done so far; her last one is her 100% stun combo and it requires a kara-fukiage. It has to be done with precise timing too so she pulls back for the fukiage combined with everything else. @_@

It's surprising that Capcom still can't seem to figure out how to properly teach new players how to play their fighters.

I've finally got the money to potentially do a Giant Bomb sub, but I've got a few questions first for the subscribers here. How am I going to access the backlog videos that they don't put up on the site, like all of Dave's call-in show? I don't know why they haven't taken the time to put all of that stuff on the site under the subscribers tab.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's surprising that Capcom still can't seem to figure out how to properly teach new players how to play their fighters.[/QUOTE]

They need to copy their competition when it comes to teaching people how to play their own fighters. :lol:

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Great games, guys! It was a lot of fun and I feel like I really learned a lot! That Dudley match was really fun, Frost![/QUOTE]

Friendly advice: Don't jump in like a maniac all day. Find other ways to get in... or occasionally let them come to you -- SF3's parry system abuses predictability -- so if you keep jumping in like a madman, not only can someone just parry (I suck at parrying), but they can change their spacing with a dash and punish with something. :cool:

bread's done
Back