It's official! GTA: San Andreas - PS2 exclusive

Exclusive forever or Exclusive for a little bit? That's the question. Either way I'll be getting it on the 19th.

Eventually means about 3 years. Hah, I own a PS2, cube, GBA, and of course PC or I wouldn't be talking to ya right now. ;) I have both GTA's and am very happy with them, though I really hope they take some of our comments into consideration and add greater things, how cool would it be to steal a little kids bike in gta and smash it into a building, more access to buildings btw, snowmobile or something'd be awesome, underwater thing or islandy thing you can actually swim this freaking time, so i really can't wait for this game. but back to the point GTA vice city and 3 didn't come out for 'box till like 2003 late. so it'll be awhile, personally i've got no need for an xbox because all the good games they release are available on some other platforming title (halo, pc, KOTOR, pc, munches odysee, gba, what more need i say) and i've got plenty of exclusive games for the ps2 and the cube to rub in their face if they wanna get all 'xbox is better' crap. But anyways, WOOHOO! Finally an official date. I'll be zooming over to snatch it right up at my local.. whatever. Don't worry, only one. maybe two.

[quote name='st0neface'][quote name='JimmieMac']So it's not really exclusive.[/quote]

Its like when in movie ads it says "only in theaters"[/quote]

lol best example ever

I don't care about exclusive or not exclusive.

What I do care about is some kind of major addition to the game as after finishing GTAIII and GTA:VC, I'm looking for something new.

Perhaps online play?

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Exclusive for the PS2 at launch and will eventually be ported to the PC and Xbox.[/quote]

Where did you get that from?

So far it is ps2 exclusive with no plans to go anywhere, and even if it does get ported after sony gets their fill it won't really matter.

nice cheapyd, online play would be sweet! dunno about you but i kick ass at that game, and that would give me a good kick in the behind to go finally get a network adapter.. not into army games like socom no real other reason to get them.. besides FFXI...

I don't see how Rockstar can take a step backwards and rework something new for the PS2. The PC and Xbox versions of both III and Vice City made the PS2 versions look something on my cat did in his litter box.

Exclusive or not, I don't care. I'm with CheapyD, bring me something new and not just a new town.

People seem to be so happy that the game is PS2-exclusive (as of right now). Why? I wish it were coming to the Xbox, since that version would most likely have sharper graphics and Dolby Digital support. I care about the game, and getting it in as nice a shape as possible, as quickly as possible, not about whether it will exclusive to one system or another. Even if you only own 1 system, why does it matter that owners of other systems get to play a game you enjoy?

I have both ps2 and Xbox and i prefer to play my Xbox because of the graphics and recent games. When GTA came to the Xbox, i thought that exlusive thing was over. Making this game a PS2 exclusive is not going to help their sales, though it will still sell plenty

rockstarwarehouse_1783_377701

Yummy.

[quote name='Southberm']I have both ps2 and Xbox and i prefer to play my Xbox because of the graphics and recent games. When GTA came to the Xbox, i thought that exlusive thing was over. Making this game a PS2 exclusive is not going to help their sales, though it will still sell plenty[/quote]

1. There will be exclusive games until the end of the world. If it were only up to console makers all games for their particular system would be exclusive.

2. The game is exclusive cause sony wants to exclusively profit from the sales. It will help sony's sales and make a ton of money.

This is a game where if it was released multiplatform form the start i would not get the ps2 version because of the lower graphics. This is also a game that I will not get on the xbox, its pure pc. It sucks to wait though.

Is anyone else sick of the GTA games? I dont plan on buying any more, as GTA:VC was pretty much an update of GTA3. I may buy it if there are serious gameplay enhancements, but otherwise Im staying away.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Is anyone else sick of the GTA games? I dont plan on buying any more, as GTA:VC was pretty much an update of GTA3. I may buy it if there are serious gameplay enhancements, but otherwise Im staying away.[/quote]

No, I am not since I think gta3 is one of the greatest console games ever made.

And frankly this whole gta hating is old news. There are plenty of sequals out there that don't have major new features or changes, yet no one seems to hate those games or demand major changes. :roll:

I'll be getting it for PS2. Even if I had multiple consoles (I sold my Xbox), I'd get it for PS2 - I get a game on the console it comes out first. If it's something I really want to play, why wait?

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='ElwoodCuse']Exclusive for the PS2 at launch and will eventually be ported to the PC and Xbox.[/quote]

So far it is ps2 exclusive with no plans to go anywhere, and even if it does get ported after sony gets their fill it won't really matter.[/quote]

Let's see. GTA3 launched on the PS2. It made its way to the PC and guess what now its on the Xbox. GTA:VC launched on the PS2. It made its way to the PC and now its on the Xbox. HOLY CRAP I BET THEY MAKE THIS ONE FOR THE PC AND XBOX TOO AM I RITE?

[quote name='ElwoodCuse'][quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='ElwoodCuse']Exclusive for the PS2 at launch and will eventually be ported to the PC and Xbox.[/quote]

So far it is ps2 exclusive with no plans to go anywhere, and even if it does get ported after sony gets their fill it won't really matter.[/quote]

Let's see. GTA3 launched on the PS2. It made its way to the PC and guess what now its on the Xbox. GTA:VC launched on the PS2. It made its way to the PC and now its on the Xbox. HOLY CRAP I BET THEY MAKE THIS ONE FOR THE PC AND XBOX TOO AM I RITE?[/quote]

Maybe it will, and the key word is maybe. Right now all of your gibberish is speculation. :roll:

"speculation" that's a good one. Can you tell me why they would all of a sudden decide not to port this? OF COURSE it is coming out for the PC and Xbox. "Speculation" would be if I said "well, 6 months later for the PC and a year for the Xbox version."

It's still speculation that they will port it to PC/Xbox/Gamecube/Gameboy Advance/Dreamcast/Saturn/Jaguar/Lynx/TurboGrafix/etc. until they say they are. They do likely have an exclusive PS2-only period, but just because they did in the past, doesn't PROVE they will. It's just you speculating they will based on the past.

And if you want to wait a year for maybe playing it on another console when all of us have long finished it on the PS2.. hehe

Wow....the game doesnt even come out for another 8 months. Not to mention it'll probably get pushed back a few months on top of that.

[quote name='rygar']Wow....the game doesnt even come out for another 8 months. Not to mention it'll probably get pushed back a few months on top of that.[/quote]

I dont remember Rockstar delaying GTA3/VC after they gave a solid date, so what the hell are you talking about?

Umm. Whats so special about San Andreas, other than theres a fault line there.

I guess we'll find out when the game comes out, but for me I'll just wait for XBox version

san andreas is th last official city from gta 1. gta 1 had three areas: liberty city (gta 3), vice city (der), and san andreas. they just wanted to finish it. thats probalby why they chose ther instead of what everyone thought, sin city.

don't worry, they'll think of another city when the time comes, or era or state or something. revolve it around boston or NY city, that'd be cool shit, make it during present time. i can't wait for the next GTA. it's gonna have so many cool features that are new, or at least i friggin hope so. only q is, how come theres no pics on the front? even though all the black is hot, on 3 and VC there were pictures, collection or something. maybe they're changing the series around a bit, much more mafia-like and serious instead of giddy, 80's themes? let's hope not! vice city is my fave game ever. :)

[quote name='"x0thedeadzone0x"']don't worry, they'll think of another city when the time comes, or era or state or something. revolve it around boston or NY city, that'd be cool shit, make it during present time.quote]

im pretty sure liberty city was supposed to be a New York of sorts.

p.s. i am now deadzones shadow

[quote name='"metroidkiller9"'][quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']don't worry, they'll think of another city when the time comes, or era or state or something. revolve it around boston or NY city, that'd be cool shit, make it during present time.quote]

im pretty sure liberty city was supposed to be a New York of sorts.

p.s. i am now deadzones shadow[/quote]

boston then. and present time, that was set back in like the 60-70's or something. a present time gta would be great, hopefully this one will be.

edit: i sent you a new PM, metroid... :shock: :roll: :D

[quote name='CheapyD']Can someone please tell me why San Andreas is the next locale for this series?[/quote]
Liberty City and Vice City, along with San Andreas were the three locales in the original GTA, so it seems to be the logical step.

Because, Cheapy, in the first GTA there were three cities: Vice City, Liberty City, and San Andreas. Since they already had Vice City and Liberty City (3 and VC), they probably thought it made most sense to have San Andreas too instead of "Sin City". I dont care what the hell the name is called, bring me new things from the series and I'll be one happy fan.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']

boston then. and present time, that was set back in like the 60-70's or something. a present time gta would be great, hopefully this one will be.

edit: i sent you a new PM, metroid... :shock: :roll: :D[/quote]

actually gta3 was set in present day times. vice city was the one that was a throwback to the 80's

[quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='rygar']Wow....the game doesnt even come out for another 8 months. Not to mention it'll probably get pushed back a few months on top of that.[/quote]

I dont remember Rockstar delaying GTA3/VC after they gave a solid date, so what the hell are you talking about?[/quote]

Ok, geez, sorry for being pessimistic. ...didnt mean to ruffle anyone's feathers.

rygar
(who is still waiting for the sims 2)

Wait... THERES ANOTHER GTA? Saaaweet! I can't wait that long, A well StarCraft Ghost we keep me occupied until then... Assuming it doesn't get delayed any longer.

''Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'' Announced
Submitted by Reign on 3/2/2004

Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., is pleased to announce Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the next iteration in the globally successful Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be available exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and is expected to be in stores in North America on October 19, 2004 and in Europe on October 22, 2004.

"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," stated Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

Leslie Benzies, President of Rockstar North, stated, "We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values."

Over 30 million units of the Grand Theft Auto franchise have been shipped to date, including over 11.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and over 10.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto 3.

I knew it, all the facts were leading up to this title being called GTA: San Andreas;

The three cities in the first GTA was the main reason. Second, every GTA that was made on a new engine was given a new numeral, however the fact that San Andreas was going to be developed on the old engine was announced a long time ago, which was further proof that the game would be called San Andreas.

I mean was it GamePro that said it would be called Sin City?! What a bunch of morons, for someone that runs a gaming magazine, you'd think they'd have more gaming knowledge than that!

And the whole retarded "LamePro" April fools joke in their newest magazine; I was promised a laugh, assholes. I mean don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the fact that I'm getting their magazines for free, just I wish they'd actually be decent.

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='CheapyD']Perhaps online play?[/quote]

I hope not.[/quote]

Same here. Online play would be horrible. GTA is a mission based games, and its gonna be difficult to play without people quitting. Not to mention other problems like 56K'ers and such.

bread's done
Back