It's official: The Last of Us is coming to PS4. Pre-order The Last of Us Remastered

http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/10/the-last-of-us-ps4-development-began-as-soon-as-original-game-wrapped-says-wells/

Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells said of the decision to bring The Last of Us to PS4, “We had a lot of people on the forums saying ‘can I play this on PlayStation 4?’ We had actually been anticipating that, and started working on it pretty much as soon as we finished the PlayStation 3 [version]. We weren’t sure if it was going to go anywhere, but when we saw the fans clamouring for it we doubled-down, and put more effort behind it.”
This should be a good port, 1080p in 60 FPS!? I think even people who have played it will need to pick this up! It is going to look gorgeous!!!

The graphic fidelity has been turned up to eleven,” Wells continued when asked what would be new in the remastered edition, “we’ve got 1080p, we’re pushing the draw distances further, we’re creating higher resolution character models, better lighting, better shadows.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll buy the PS4 version at $60 if it includes a PS3 digital version download code.  Along with the single player DLC included. 

I only have a PS3 at the moment. Someday I might buy a PS4.

Debating if I should trade in my ps3 Copy for 24 or just keep it
Can't remember if you have a PS4? if so I say pull the trigger now and get the game when it comes to PS4. not sure if you have GCU, but trading the game in now pretty much gets you the game for half off. I would say it would be worth it.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/10/the-last-of-us-ps4-development-began-as-soon-as-original-game-wrapped-says-wells/

This should be a good port, 1080p in 60 FPS!? I think even people who have played it will need to pick this up! It is going to look gorgeous!!!
i would say if someone has ps3 copy trade up for it and get it for like 20-30 bucks but if you already played it and tell them to pay 60 bucks twice for one game is crazy. A cheapassgamer way would say wait till the game drops come say black friday and get it to add to collection just my opinion.

i really feel sony is doing major mistake putting 60 doller price tag on this. If they made it 40 bucks it would sell like hotcakes. At 60 and it being released just weeks before destiny not sure how many people will throw away 60 bucks on it and buy it over destiny.

I dont get why everyone is bitching about the 60 price. The game has been out for a while it for most ps3 owners it was a day one purchase or pretty close to it. Basically, if you had any interest in the game AND had a ps3, you'ved played it.

You are in no way getting short changed via this basically GOTY version. There were numerous GOTY versions of games all of last gen, this  title is no different other than it is on a new console with updated graphics.

Besides, a lot of ps4 owners never had a ps3 and jump shipped from MS, so for someone who has never played the game it will be great for them. 

For the rest of who HAVE played it, STFU and wait for the price to get to the point you will buy, its not like you are fucking missing out anything, you've played the damn game before...

How the he'll did they ruin that scene
He meant spoiling it for people who haven't played the game as it's a great moment that comes out of no where.

Plenty of generic scenes in the game they could have put in the teaser trailer that wouldn't spoil anything.

the game has been out almost a year so not sure how they ruin the scene. When you showcase pretty much goy version of your game you want a epic scene. Thats like someone going on youtube and seeing video from game they have not played and say HOW dare you post this on youtube i have not played it yet. :/

I think it still a deal because u get the game + DLC for the same price of the full game because when u got the game when it came out for 59.99 and bought the season pass at 19.99 your saving 19.99

Trailer for it. I can't tell the difference, need some screenshot comparisons haha
I love TLoU but I'm kinda disappointed.

1080p and 60 fps are welcome improvements (and I'm guessing they'll fix the graphical glitches as well) but it's not what I was hoping for. I would have loved it if it got a TR Definitive Edition-esque improvement. I found this comparison (not sure they didn't just use the same scene) and it looks better and they added some textures so maybe I'll hold off until I see more.

rumors are now starting to go around that sony is looking into giving discount price to people that already have ps3 version.
If this does happen Im hoping you wont need the disk since I traded mine in.

I guess the release date is definitely going to be June 20th now. Just noticed amazon updated their release date like many other retailers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JK00S0S/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d1_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1B9F0RTNZN48QX9357VK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

Edit: Never mind all the other retailers are moving the placeholder date back to Dec 31 2014 except for amazon right now.
Whoa, I thought the June 20th release date was official. Guess not.

If this does happen Im hoping you wont need the disk since I traded mine in.
So you're hoping they give you a discount for owning the game, but you don't own the game. Makes sense.

If they do some sort of discount, I would guess it would be like they did with some PS4 launch titles where you paid an upgrade fee and needed to insert your PS3 disc when you wanted to play your downloaded PS4 copy. Not sure how they would handle upgrade codes though unless they don't use them. I never did any of those PS3 to PS4 upgrades.

bread's done
Back