Its OVER Frequent Shopper has shut down customer support is dead

[quote name='jigsawhc']Has Key Word Island been "under maintenance" for anyone else for like 5 days?[/QUOTE]

It actually worked for me today. I've been having problems with it. The trick is to do it logged out then log in to get the points.

[quote name='jigsawhc']Has Key Word Island been "under maintenance" for anyone else for like 5 days?[/QUOTE]

I've had that happen to me while playing it. Try going into it a few times, or go into something else, and then try going into it again.

That's how I got it to work for me, when it does that. A cache clear might also help.

I ordered the 360 controller in Late September and received it today. It is actually branded as 360/GFW and comes packaged with USB receiver to connect to PC. That was a nice surprise.

Just got my controller today, I was expecting just a plain controller, but this actually came with the receiver for PC. Now I have a second Xbox controller and a first PC controller. Hurray!

haven't had it work for me this past week and a half

Key Word Island works fine if you don't sign in. Accumulate the points THEN sign in... it will add it to your account. That's how I've been doing it.

[quote name='Liquidx01']Key Word Island works fine if you don't sign in. Accumulate the points THEN sign in... it will add it to your account. That's how I've been doing it.[/QUOTE]

I've tried every way that I could and I still get the blue box saying its down

[quote name='dodgeme']Woot my controller came today. Pics later.[/QUOTE]

when did you order it? i ordered mine at the end of september and it still hasn't come :cry:

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but here goes. If you sign-in and gain as many tickets as you can without doing Keyword Island, then sign-out and get 50 from KWI then sign BACK in you'll have 50 more points regardless of how many you earned earlier. Not a huge boost but something. No idea if this flags your account or not either, so use at your own discretion.

Edit: I've also been keeping that initial round under the 100 max, no idea if that affects your final number or not.

[quote name='Dual45s']Don't know if this has been mentioned before but here goes. If you sign-in and gain as many tickets as you can without doing Keyword Island, then sign-out and get 50 from KWI then sign BACK in you'll have 50 more points regardless of how many you earned earlier. Not a huge boost but something. No idea if this flags your account or not either, so use at your own discretion.

Edit: I've also been keeping that initial round under the 100 max, no idea if that affects your final number or not.[/quote]

A 50% boost sounds good to me! Thanks! This should be in the OP.

What do you mean by keeping the initial round under 100 max?

i ordered the 360 controller a couple of weeks ago and the ship date in my email was 12-10-08, yet here it is from microsoft, hope others that ordered their stuff get it early too
heres pics in case anyone doubts...

l_d5e01443c9124b16a734bb79f85e591e.jpg

l_851016964c724094a3f82ca7c63f4a33.jpg

l_265f4fccc3454257a74861763569a4f4.jpg

So, is this camera a pretty good camera? I noticed atleast two to three people order it. I'm new to camera shopping, so any help on this one would be great (I'll have enough to order it tomorrow - same with the GPS, if anyone has ever used that version).

I looked at some of the reviews on it and they said it was good. Its only a 7. something mega pixel camera. The 10,000 point camera also got good reviews, it being 8 mega pixels. Im getting it because I already have Rockband, and i don't have a car(other wise I would get the garmin cause those things are awesome) and I currently do not have a camera and Im going to be going out of the country over the summer so me needs it.

[quote name='MachineGunMing']I looked at some of the reviews on it and they said it was good. Its only a 7. something mega pixel camera. The 10,000 point camera also got good reviews, it being 8 mega pixels. Im getting it because I already have Rockband, and i don't have a car(other wise I would get the garmin cause those things are awesome) and I currently do not have a camera and Im going to be going out of the country over the summer so me needs it.[/quote]

I hope you realize that you will not see even the SLIGHTEST bit of difference between a 7 MegaPixel camera and an 8 Megapixel one. Megapixels are NOT what matters on a camera.

Give me a 3 Megapixel camera with a high quality lens and CCD and ive you a 12 Megapixel camera with a subpar lens and my pictures will absolutely BLOW yours away.

Granted, being that the two cameras are of similar quality, chances are the quality of hte lens, etc are similar as well. But still..anyone who bases a camera purchase on the number of Megapixels is an ignorant fool.

[quote name='PhrostByte']A 50% boost sounds good to me! Thanks! This should be in the OP.

What do you mean by keeping the initial round under 100 max?[/quote]

Try to get as close to 99 as you can before trying the sign-out Keyword Island trick. I don't know if it will still give you points if you've already hit your 100 daily max. Sorry for being unclear.

[quote name='Dual45s']Try to get as close to 99 as you can before trying the sign-out Keyword Island trick. I don't know if it will still give you points if you've already hit your 100 daily max. Sorry for being unclear.[/quote]

I just tried your trick last night and yes, it does give you points if you've already hit the max. My total went from ending in 40 to ending in 60, but that's only because I did just enough games to see if it would work.

EDIT: Ahahah, I'm a dumbass and didn't notice that I'd done it around the same time that the FS clock reset for the day. Disregard what I said, it doesn't work after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know how big a difference is between the 7500 garmin and the 10000 garmin? is it worth waiting for the 10000?

[quote name='crunchberries']I just tried your trick last night and yes, it does give you points if you've already hit the max. My total went from ending in 40 to ending in 60, but that's only because I did just enough games to see if it would work.[/quote]

Sweet, thanks Crunchberries!

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Just ordered the camera. Estimated ship date is 1/13/2009 which I hope isn't true. I would really like to see this arrive before Christmas.[/quote]
I received an email earlier today that stated that shipping dates are set 12 weeks after the order date just in case they run out of stock or run into shipping problems. So, there is a chance it juuuusstt miiggghhht be there around Christmas.

[quote name='lakawak']I hope you realize that you will not see even the SLIGHTEST bit of difference between a 7 MegaPixel camera and an 8 Megapixel one. Megapixels are NOT what matters on a camera.

Give me a 3 Megapixel camera with a high quality lens and CCD and ive you a 12 Megapixel camera with a subpar lens and my pictures will absolutely BLOW yours away.

Granted, being that the two cameras are of similar quality, chances are the quality of hte lens, etc are similar as well. But still..anyone who bases a camera purchase on the number of Megapixels is an ignorant fool.[/QUOTE]

I know which is why I picked the first camera. I didn't state that the other camera was better because it was one megapixel more I was just stating that it was one megapixel more.

Yep.. Today, I finally got my controller which I ordered back on September 21st.

And to note: It actually is "for Windows" as it comes with a USB-to-Wireless receiver with it.

Just went with the camera, asked my brother is he needed a GPS, and said no.. and my drum kit still... "kind of" works, so I can hold off on that.

I'd rather have a camera anyway, hopefully it won't take months to get here.

I just received my wireless xbox 360 controller today!!!
Here's proof of it. (taken with a crappy cell phone camera sorry)

I would like a controller but I don't want a white one.. I wonder if I can go to a store and exchange it for a different color... maybe a dragon one? :D

[quote name='PhrostByte']I would like a controller but I don't want a white one.. I wonder if I can go to a store and exchange it for a different color... maybe a dragon one? :D[/quote]
if you are talking about the walmart exclusive, that costs a different amount than most controllers since it comes with a headset

[quote name='UltimoRey']if you are talking about the walmart exclusive, that costs a different amount than most controllers since it comes with a headset[/quote]

But doesn't the Windows package cost more than the standard?
Or maybe I could pay the difference? Or maybe give them a headset to go with it? :D

I ordered the LED candles for my girlfriend last Thursday at 9:30 PM. She got them today. DEfinitely not a bad turnaround time. That jsut about equals the quickest I have received a prize from Club Live. (Which was, beleive it or not, the XBox back in June that I got also in 8 days)

Got the 360 controller I ordered a couple months ago. It came a couple weeks early, based on the original estimated time of delivery. Now if only I could figure out all these new games...

The Scavenger Hunter game is the easiest, all you have to do is cut and paste certain parts of the item they give you into the search box and it's usually the first result. Don't try to paste the whole thing because their search box is buggy and stupid; it'll break at the drop of a hat. Maybe 5 minutes and I've maxed out the 100 pts for the day.

Key Word Island is getting to be a pain in the ass for me. Half the time one or two of the pictures won't load and they want me to guess on one picture, and sometimes 2 or 3 or the words apply to one set. Bargain Hunt isn't even worth it, though I'm not great at it and it only gives 3 points.

[quote name='VioletArrows']The Scavenger Hunter game is the easiest, all you have to do is cut and paste certain parts of the item they give you into the search box and it's usually the first result. Don't try to paste the whole thing because their search box is buggy and stupid; it'll break at the drop of a hat. Maybe 5 minutes and I've maxed out the 100 pts for the day.

Key Word Island is getting to be a pain in the ass for me. Half the time one or two of the pictures won't load and they want me to guess on one picture, and sometimes 2 or 3 or the words apply to one set. Bargain Hunt isn't even worth it, though I'm not great at it and it only gives 3 points.[/quote]

Yeah dude, my strategy:

Like everyone else, I spin. Then I open three tabs: the puzzle thing, then bargain hunter, and then key word island. I keep clicking through each one while the others load. When my puzzle runs out of points I switch to the game where you have to search for your thing and click the big coupon. ~10 minutes.

bread's done
Back