Its OVER Frequent Shopper has shut down customer support is dead

Months ago, I sent them a question about an order I had placed (I asked if I could have my points refunded and the order cancelled. No dice!). This is the email address they used to reply to me:

Frequent Shopper Feedback
[email protected]

As someone who just ordered the 10K camera and Rock Band, I sure hope I get my stuff after how long it took to save up the points. :(

I just got an email from them telling me I violated some rules and my order has been canceled....i never did any of the glitches to get over 100 or had multiple tabs, weird

Hmmm.

1. Tell folks you're closing so everyone rushes to get those last couple of prizes.
2. Tell everyone they're cheating so the big prizes never go out.
3. Run off with a cheap 2% raise in search usage.
4. Profit!

I'm at 7400 right now, waiting for 4:00 to hit. I really really hope it goes smoothly. I didn't use any glitches, didn't use multiple tabs, and it's my first prize. I'll be pretty pissed if they cancel it.

I've routinely went over the 100 credit limit by as much as 150 sometimes for over a month and I got my iPod nano and GPS with no hassle.

I got my waffle iron so I don't really care too much if they decide I was cheating or whatever. It's very lame, though. I hope you guys end up getting your prizes eventually. Didn't something like this happen with Live Search Club a year or so ago and most people got their prizes?

[quote name='lakawak']No offense, but your state's attorney general will laugh at you.[/quote]

No, they won't. Maybe in your state, but in my state they take all claims like this very serious, as is there job to do so. In Ohio, the AG is an elected position and non-action on their part to address claims is a quick way to find yourself without a job next election.

They take all things seriously and if you ever have a problem with things such as internet scammers, rebate deadbeats, all the way to a company not making good on their end of a bargain, then you should contact them and see if they can do anything for you. In this particular case they definitely wouldn't laugh because it required time investment to earn these prizes. It's simply a breech of contract.

Unless you've ever HAD to make a claim with them then shut your face because you don't know shit.

ooo lots of tempers on here arent there?.....
just keep trying people and of course wait until the hammer drops until you start getting all bitchy
good lord...

[quote name='DrBrianFields']No, they won't. Maybe in your state, but in my state they take all claims like this very serious, as is there job to do so. In Ohio, the AG is an elected position and non-action on their part to address claims is a quick way to find yourself without a job next election.

They take all things seriously and if you ever have a problem with things such as internet scammers, rebate deadbeats, all the way to a company not making good on their end of a bargain, then you should contact them and see if they can do anything for you. In this particular case they definitely wouldn't laugh because it required time investment to earn these prizes. It's simply a breech of contract.

Unless you've ever HAD to make a claim with them then shut your face because you don't know shit.[/quote]

The point is,m there is NOTHING illegal about it.

I bet you are under the impression that that bullshit rumor about the class action lawsuit being the reason why club Live finaly sending out the Zunes from 2007. That never happened.

[quote name='lakawak']The point is,m there is NOTHING illegal about it.

I bet you are under the impression that that bullshit rumor about the class action lawsuit being the reason why club Live finaly sending out the Zunes from 2007. That never happened.[/quote]

There is nothing strictly illegal about those cash4gold companies either. But, they still may be misleading and scamming people, which is why the Florida Attorney General's office is getting involved.

It's you who doesn't know what they are talking about.

[quote name='killer9']you guys clearly did sumthing to get flagged wether u admit it or not like bad coupons multiple tabs whatever you only have yourselves to blame this is so fast to max should have done it legit[/quote]

fuck you buddy. I did everything within my their rules. I never cheated coupons like many did. I did everything legitly and no they didn't say anything againt tabs so I should've been within my bounds.

Did you ever try and go above the 100 pt limit? Maybe that's why? (with that island game trick)

I'm curious why they banned your accounts. I hope mine didn't, even though I'm pretty sure my account is cllleeeaaan.

Never went above the 100 limit.
I only used tabs for hot-cold stuff.
I used the weekly gamestop coupons for the coupon app, plus I put them down as expiring the next day so I could put up the same ones each day without spamming the coupon board.

So in a way I helped them >:/

[quote name='louiedog']There is nothing strictly illegal about those cash4gold companies either. But, they still may be misleading and scamming people, which is why the Florida Attorney General's office is getting involved.

It's you who doesn't know what they are talking about.[/quote]

Stop being ignorant. there is a HUGE difference between scamming people out of tangible goods and this. You did not spend any money on this. And you would all be hard pressed to prove that the time you spent is worth anything. Cash4Gold is fraud. Frequent Shopper is not.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Never went above the 100 limit.
I only used tabs for hot-cold stuff.
I used the weekly gamestop coupons for the coupon app, plus I put them down as expiring the next day so I could put up the same ones each day without spamming the coupon board.

So in a way I helped them >:/[/quote]

Actually, the coupon thing could very well be what gets you flagged. You did not help them at all. You gave them the same coupons over and over again, with false information, and they only got the benefit of them once.

I don't get why people did this when all they had to do was go to a site like mycoupons and choose from all the coupons their hearts desired. Legitimately. With new ones added every day meaning no need to cheat.

[quote name='lakawak']Stop being ignorant. there is a HUGE difference between scamming people out of tangible goods and this. You did not spend any money on this. And you would all be hard pressed to prove that the time you spent is worth anything. Cash4Gold is fraud. Frequent Shopper is not.

Actually, the coupon thing could very well be what gets you flagged. You did not help them at all. You gave them the same coupons over and over again, with false information, and they only got the benefit of them once.

I don't get why people did this when all they had to do was go to a site like mycoupons and choose from all the coupons their hearts desired. Legitimately. With new ones added every day meaning no need to cheat.[/quote]

Look, the issue here is you don't believe the attorney general's office would deal with this. In fact, they do deal with this kind of thing. Move on.

I got my Rockband today. I used multiple tabs so they must be flagging accounts for reasons unknown at this time. I'd suggest e-mailing them back to get the specific reasons. Maybe they can shed some light.

[quote name='louiedog']Look, the issue here is you don't believe the attorney general's office would deal with this. In fact, they do deal with this kind of thing. Move on.[/quote]

so you CLAIM.

[quote name='Flak']Holy shit dude. Do you need a formal letter complete with wax seal? Leave it alone.[/quote]

I love people like you. I really do. People who think that you are all knowing. It is fun conversing with little children. Keeps me young.

[quote name='lakawak']The point is,m there is NOTHING illegal about it.

I bet you are under the impression that that bullshit rumor about the class action lawsuit being the reason why club Live finaly sending out the Zunes from 2007. That never happened.[/quote]

a) Yes, there actually is. Fraud, for one. Breach of contract, for another. If you can't recognize this then you have no business talking about it. Essentially we're providing a service to a company in exchange for compensation in the form of retail goods. If they aren't holding up their end of the bargain then they can be prosecuted. I know it seems silly but it doesn't take much effort to think that the AG might just send them a form letter and ask them for evidence that the terms and conditions were violated. Contacting the AG is not the same as filing a lawsuit, it should be considered a role of consumer protection.

b) No, I don't think that because I never got involved in these things until mid 2008. Also, I wouldn't file a lawsuit (that would probably cost a few grand) over a $200 electronic item.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']I got my Rockband today. I used multiple tabs so they must be flagging accounts for reasons unknown at this time. I'd suggest e-mailing them back to get the specific reasons. Maybe they can shed some light.[/QUOTE]

Just curious as to how long ago you ordered. I put my order in the day after they removed the six month restriction and can't wait to get my copy.

Technically, it says in the Terms that they have the right to not give you a prize for any reason. For that statement, it's arguable whether there's anything that can be done. But they're not going to turn you away just because it's an online game. It's their job to help. They will listen to you if you ask for their time. Or at least they should.

[quote name='mzbagel']Just curious as to how long ago you ordered. I put my order in the day after they removed the six month restriction and can't wait to get my copy.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it On the 1/16/09 and I got it yesterday. UPS actually tried to deliver it on Tuesday but I wasn't home to get it until 2/5/09, Thursday.

I had ordered it 10 days before they made the announcement. I was kinda pissed because right before I ordered it I was thinking of just going for the 10,000 point mixer I wanted But went with the RockBand. Now neither of my accounts are going to be able to reach that mark.

Ordered my second 360 controller a couple days ago because I was saving for the mixer and I would've come horribly short by the end of this month. Now I may end up about 50 points short of a third 2000 points prize on the last day...ah well.

[quote name='Redeema']Ordered my second 360 controller a couple days ago because I was saving for the mixer and I would've come horribly short by the end of this month. Now I may end up about 50 points short of a third 2000 points prize on the last day...ah well.[/quote]

Has anybody else ordered a second 360 controller and gotten it? Frankly, I'm more interested in 360 controllers than anything else they're offering in the 5000-7500 range. I've been thinking of getting the 7500 camera, or else the webcam (I'm not overly impressed with MS's 6000 model from club.live) and another controller, or else three controllers and some random 500 point stuff.

Now I'm really starting to get worried. My 10k point camera has an estimated ship date of March 3rd, and there's all these people who have had their orders cancelled for unknown reasons. The site will close before my order ships and I'm not sure if they'll even have a support section up after it ends in case I never receive it

no they will tell u its being processed and will be delivered by the date or u cheated and it has been cancelled i prefer to know than wait forever for sumthing that will never come

So at 4pm I'll have just enough to order a 360 controller on a second account of mine. My question is can I have it ship to the same address my first account has already shipped a 360 controller too? I keep hearing mixed things so I am confused. Thanks.

I have 2 accounts going to 1 address right now. Received a camera from the first account and ordered some stuff on the 2nd account a few days ago. I'll see if it actually comes.

When I asked them(back during the one prize every 180 days per household rule), they said it was ok to have two account. No idea now. I'm waiting to see what prizes I get

The short answer is no one knows what will happen. I have sent three things from three different accounts to the same address even before the limit was lifted. But I changed the address slightly. All went through even though it was obvious that it was the same person.

At the very LEAST, I woud change the name. If there is any way of changing the address a bit and still have UPS know what you mean, I would do that too. (I just added 1 number to the street number since the house I was sending it to was on a very rural street and there was no house with that number. UPS surely just thought it was a typo.)

Also, for smaller prizes, it may not make as much of a difference. But for 5000-10,000 ticket prizes, they may not allow it.

I'm getting ready to order from my 2nd account. My building actually has two addresses (one for each entrance) and packages go to the office. I'm thinking of using the second street address, leaving off the apartment number, and putting down my roommate's name. It should get to me fine, and hopefully clear with frequent shopper.

Thanks for the info. I just had my 2nd controller ship to my grandparents house instead. The site won't be around for much longer so I didn't want to take any chances with them not shipping it out.

1 account per address? Not with the new ToS, I think they don't care as long as you don't order more than $500 worth of prizes.

[quote name='jinboy']just got "virtual pose duo" in treasure hunt. funny stuff was two buck naked people on the cover.[/QUOTE]

I just got this in my Treasure Hunt.

WTF

[quote name='killer9']1 acct per address so no u cant[/quote]

not true, i sent them an email stating the same question and they replied as follows:

"Hi Brockstar,

The terms of service allow $500 worth of prizes per year, up to 10 prizes for the life of the program.
This limitation applies to the entire household, regardless of how many accounts you have.

Thanks,
MSN Shopping Frequent Shopper team"

While they probably don't care, that e-mail isreferring to mutliple people in a house. they don't want to say that only one family member can get something.

The TOS still talks about not using multiple accounts to get around limitations. While the one prize per 180 day limit is no logner applied, there is still a 100 ticket per day limit. so technically, they would be well within their right to deny prizes to the same address from multiple accounts

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']We will know for sure once people start receiving things from other accounts. Until then, nobody knows for sure.[/quote]

I ordered a wallet and neck cushion to the same address that I received the queen beed sheets, and that I am going to receive the 10,000 point GPS (using an altered but still the same address). So I should know soon.

bread's done
Back