Its OVER Frequent Shopper has shut down customer support is dead

[quote name='crunchberries'] Just waiting on those damn dog dishes to come so I'm finally done with this thing.[/QUOTE]

I am waiting on the dog dishes too.

Got the Moleskine notebook today..took 84 (!) days.

Waiting on 6 spice jars, then I can put Frequent Shopper to rest. Minus the recent delay of prizes (undoubtedly due to the massive rush by everyone to order shit at the end), it's been a pretty good experience, wouldn't you say?

Yay, got the Aquarium today. Now I really got my hopes up for the two 7500 cams I got left.
Took some pictures while I had my shitty cam out.
It is pretty nice, brand new. Comes with all filters, lightbulb, and even starter chemicals (Water treatment and fish food enhancer)
For some reason I thought the window was going to be made of Glass ... it is indeed plastic. Easier to move around but .. hmm don't know ... really thought it was going to be glass.

ruxqu9.jpg

sztlxd.jpg

BTW the 360 game case is there for size reference... A bit smaller then I thought it would be but very good size still.

The automated response i got was a tad different from all the others, you guys got.

Dear MSN Frequent Shopper,

We are responding to your inquiry regarding the status of your prize orders and have looked into the current status of your order.

Because of the high-demand, the Le Creuset Spice Jars are currently on back-order from the vendor. We expect delivery from the vendor this week and will ship your prize to you within one working day.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.

Thank you for your support of Frequent Shopper!
MSN Shopping Frequent Shopper team

[quote name='supraazn']
For some reason I thought the window was going to be made of Glass ... it is indeed plastic. Easier to move around but .. hmm don't know ... really thought it was going to be glass.[/QUOTE]

I also thought it was going to be glass, but it still works great. I got mine up and running (still need to add some plants, but I have the basics so far).

[quote name='Deona']I also thought it was going to be glass, but it still works great. I got mine up and running (still need to add some plants, but I have the basics so far).[/QUOTE]

It's probably acrylic. Pretty standard for small and non-rectangular aquariums. It's lighter and is made in one piece. That means there are no seams and as a result it's not going to develop a leak unless you break it, which is also more difficult to due to it being plastic.

Just got an email from Frequent Shopper support with UPS tracking numbers for the Logitech webcam (already received earlier today) and the moleskine notebook.

Looks like the notebook will be delivered tomorrow, so after that I'll finally be done with this.

Alright, just got my Garmin! It only took 3 months, but it arrived yesterday. Of course, the punchline: my boss just gave me a TomTom to for work/recreation use.

UPS guy just put my 7500pt camera in my hands... I thought it was supposed to be an SD100... but it's an SD790. Maybe someone can clarify. Either way, I'd suppose 790 > 100, right?

It's in a generic box so it's prolly a refurb, but it's in perfect condition.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']UPS guy just put my 7500pt camera in my hands... I thought it was supposed to be an SD100... but it's an SD790. Maybe someone can clarify. Either way, I'd suppose 790 > 100, right?

It's in a generic box so it's prolly a refurb, but it's in perfect condition.[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to be an SD1000, which is a discontinued model. I think they had a problem getting enough because what they sent me a couple of months ago is an SD1100 IS. Both of us got much better cameras than what we ordered, so congrats to us.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']UPS guy just put my 7500pt camera in my hands... I thought it was supposed to be an SD100... but it's an SD790. Maybe someone can clarify. Either way, I'd suppose 790 > 100, right?

It's in a generic box so it's prolly a refurb, but it's in perfect condition.[/QUOTE]

Thats totally awesome! Only a couple days till I get my camera then! :D:bouncy:

[quote name='AlexD']Thats totally awesome! Only a couple days till I get my camera then! :D:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

:bouncy::drool::hot::cold::bomb: Hell yes! I hope I get mine soon too ... because it's been god damn forever now.

So, anyone here live in washington. Cuz i ordered about 1 day before the FS went down. I am waiting on 2 webcams and a bunch of spice jars. WHERE ARE THEY! Please let me know if anyone on the west coast gets their stuff. Thanks!

[quote name='keamster'] and a bunch of spice jars. WHERE ARE THEY![/QUOTE]

The Spice Jars are currently on back-order from the vendor.

I got an email today saying I'd receive a replacement for my mouse since they one they sent me was faulty and MS tech support doesn't offer help for it anymore.

I got my Garmin Nuvi 200. Still waiting on the Garmin 360, and a Canon Powershot 1000, plus a few minor things like a neck pillow and wallet. I am not too worried about those. I contacted the BBB abou the Nuvi 200 about a week ago. Don't know if that is really why I got it, but after finding out that it came, I was quick to contact them about the 360 and the Canon as well.

ill give them till the end of the month, and than ill be contacting BBB. I contact them for the state that their main office is located? or do i contact my states BBB?

[quote name='keamster']ill give them till the end of the month, and than ill be contacting BBB. I contact them for the state that their main office is located? or do i contact my states BBB?[/QUOTE]

You'll have to contact the one nearest them in Washington state. I had to do it when they kept charging my bank account for Live service after I removed my card. You can see how many complaints have been filed against MS for faulty 360s and such lol.

I would contact the two emails right now. Both the [email protected] and the [email protected]. The shophelp one will probably tell you to contact the first one. But send it to both.

I really think those bastards are purposely not sending stuff out unless people complain. It is a little too convenient that their supposedly got their shipments from the vendor EXACTLY when I complained. I think thye have plenty, but are hoping that a lot of people either forget, or figure "Well, it was free, and technically I shouldn't have had multiple accounts." and therefore are not going to complain.

[quote name='keamster']ill give them till the end of the month, and than ill be contacting BBB. I contact them for the state that their main office is located? or do i contact my states BBB?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lakawak']I would contact the two emails right now. Both the [email protected] and the [email protected]. The shophelp one will probably tell you to contact the first one. But send it to both.

I really think those bastards are purposely not sending stuff out unless people complain. It is a little too convenient that their supposedly got their shipments from the vendor EXACTLY when I complained. I think thye have plenty, but are hoping that a lot of people either forget, or figure "Well, it was free, and technically I shouldn't have had multiple accounts." and therefore are not going to complain.[/QUOTE]

Actually I'm sure they aren't waiting until someone complains. I'm sure they just don't walk out to WalMart and buy this stuff the day someone complains... they probably are trying to work out deals with vendors to get the stuff a bit cheaper. FFS, people are saying how they ordered 5 or 6 of some items each, while they should have been prepared for this sort of thing to happen you gotta understand that their total orders probably jumped by a few THOUSAND percent in the last couple days. You can pretty much bet that some jackass out there that was botting or something probably ordered 10 of everything on the last day and will post pictures of the stuff barely crammed into a room at some point.

Complain if you must, but at least understand that they have a crapload of orders to fill. Your stuff will come.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']You can pretty much bet that some jackass out there that was botting or something probably ordered 10 of everything on the last day and will post pictures of the stuff barely crammed into a room at some point.[/QUOTE]
rofl.:rofl:

Sorry, but you don't understand how things like this work. Microsoft never sees these items. At no point do they receivr items and then send them out. It is all done by a third party shipper that gets their orders from Microsoft.

It is just a little convenient that I sent two different e-mails at two different times about 2 weeks apart and received my prize each time about 4 days later. With both times the reply to my e-mail being "Our shipper just got those in..."

Too many people for this and Club Live seem to think that there is a huge warehouse in Kentucky with giant piles of prizes slowly getting smaller and smaller until they run out and wait until another huge pile gets delivered. I is not like that. Businesses keep as little inventory as they have to. Usually as little as 1-2 week's worth of expected demand.
And sorry, by now there is no way they couldn't have replenished the GPS system that I ordered just two days short of SIX months ago.

And their orders probably did NOT jump all that much for the 7500 and 10,000 point prizes. Those levels were probably steady, or even LOWER than they were at the end of December when the first batch of players were reaching 10,000

[quote name='DrBrianFields']Actually I'm sure they aren't waiting until someone complains. I'm sure they just don't walk out to WalMart and buy this stuff the day someone complains... they probably are trying to work out deals with vendors to get the stuff a bit cheaper. FFS, people are saying how they ordered 5 or 6 of some items each, while they should have been prepared for this sort of thing to happen you gotta understand that their total orders probably jumped by a few THOUSAND percent in the last couple days. You can pretty much bet that some jackass out there that was botting or something probably ordered 10 of everything on the last day and will post pictures of the stuff barely crammed into a room at some point.

Complain if you must, but at least understand that they have a crapload of orders to fill. Your stuff will come.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tricky']They sent me one PetsAlley SS Pet Bowls-Woof. I ordered a couple of days before they closed.[/QUOTE]

The hell, I thought it was supposed to be a set. If I would have known that it was going to be just one, I would have used my points to get two orders instead of one and a bunch of random crap I didn't really need.

[quote name='crunchberries']The hell, I thought it was supposed to be a set. If I would have known that it was going to be just one, I would have used my points to get two orders instead of one and a bunch of random crap I didn't really need.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was suppose to be a set also. I am hoping they decided to ship them separately and I will get another one tomorrow.

got 2 of my 3 7500 point cameras in 2 day waiting on one more camera and a spice jar then i will be done

edit my aunt got my 3rd camera now just need my spice jar woot thx msn frequent shopper u were good 2 me

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lakawak']Sorry, but you don't understand how things like this work. Microsoft never sees these items. At no point do they receivr items and then send them out. It is all done by a third party shipper that gets their orders from Microsoft.

It is just a little convenient that I sent two different e-mails at two different times about 2 weeks apart and received my prize each time about 4 days later. With both times the reply to my e-mail being "Our shipper just got those in..."

Too many people for this and Club Live seem to think that there is a huge warehouse in Kentucky with giant piles of prizes slowly getting smaller and smaller until they run out and wait until another huge pile gets delivered. I is not like that. Businesses keep as little inventory as they have to. Usually as little as 1-2 week's worth of expected demand.
And sorry, by now there is no way they couldn't have replenished the GPS system that I ordered just two days short of SIX months ago.

And their orders probably did NOT jump all that much for the 7500 and 10,000 point prizes. Those levels were probably steady, or even LOWER than they were at the end of December when the first batch of players were reaching 10,000[/QUOTE]

I don't think you realize that you're mostly on the same page as me here. When they knew they were shutting down they probably took stock of what they had, sent out what they could, and waited for the orders to finish coming in before ordering anything new so they won't have but a handful of items left over. For all we know. I'm well aware that this stuff doesn't even go through MS's hands which is why complaining to the BBB about MS doesn't do a damn thing. The BBB is an outdated organization that has grown useless in the digital age and you're fooling yourself if you think complaining to them helps anything. Companies doesn't give two craps about the BBB unless they are even registered with the BBB anyway.

Now about your precious GPS, yes, it's entirely possible that they don't make orders for a few hundred GPS system but once every couple of months, and seeing as they knew they were closing down or actually closed down for the majority of that time, it's no wonder they didn't place an order until now because they're probably saving money with a bigger bulk discount rather than making two smaller orders.

The bottom line is that the times that you complained were completely coincidental to the times that your items shipped. I fully expected my stuff to be this late once they announced they were closing and removed most of the limitations on items per household and such.

But whatever. I have my stuff, I didn't have to write whiney emails to anyone and I this thread is finally finished for me.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Guys, it's free.. stop complaining. You get it? Great. You don't? Boo fucking hoo.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's a less than equal exchange of goods (the prizes) for a service (doing the searches) so it's not free and they do have a right to complain about it if they don't get their prizes. Frequent shopper must think so too as they seem to be jumping to send prizes out whenever someone threatens with the BBB.

lol its not "free" stuff, its basically items paid for work. and anyone who is still waiting has every right to complain and i would submit a bbb claim. i got my stuff shipped 1 day after micro$oft recieved my claim. my biggest issue was why did they close all support for the program and not even send out any emails saying "you will recieve your items ordered X weeks from the additional 8 weeks you already waited". that wouldve solved a lot of issues and saved both microsoft and frequent shopper users time and effort

I don't think they ever even guaranteed that the items would actually ship. I doubt all your BBB complaints are scaring MS.. it's probably just taking a long time to ship everything out. I never complained but ended up getting my stuff about a month and a half after my ship date.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I don't think they ever even guaranteed that the items would actually ship. I doubt all your BBB complaints are scaring MS.. it's probably just taking a long time to ship everything out. I never complained but ended up getting my stuff about a month and a half after my ship date.[/QUOTE]

Telling members that they could redeem the tickets for prizes is promising they will ship and yes MS, like every other business out there, doesn't mess with the Better Business Bureau. They would be breaking the law if they didn't give the people what they earned especially since they're getting something out of it and not delivering the prizes. They have more to lose than most other companies if they do break the law.

But that is where you are unclear how businesses work. They most lilely did NOT order all at once. They order in small quantities. Just in Time inventory. Order a cuple hundred every week or so rather than order 1000 once a month. Saves lots of money in the long run.

But again, they most like did not get inundated with orders for the 7500 or 10,000 ticket prizes. They got inundated with them from mid-December to mid-January.

The 500 and 2000 ticket prizes were the ones that they got inundated with toward the end.

And with my 10,000 GPS account, I got a reply asking me to resend the order confirmation because they "lost it." This after 5 different correspondence with them from early February until early MArch where they assured me my prize was coming and would be part of the next shipment. But suddenly they lost my order.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']I don't think you realize that you're mostly on the same page as me here. When they knew they were shutting down they probably took stock of what they had, sent out what they could, and waited for the orders to finish coming in before ordering anything new so they won't have but a handful of items left over. For all we know. I'm well aware that this stuff doesn't even go through MS's hands which is why complaining to the BBB about MS doesn't do a damn thing. The BBB is an outdated organization that has grown useless in the digital age and you're fooling yourself if you think complaining to them helps anything. Companies doesn't give two craps about the BBB unless they are even registered with the BBB anyway.

Now about your precious GPS, yes, it's entirely possible that they don't make orders for a few hundred GPS system but once every couple of months, and seeing as they knew they were closing down or actually closed down for the majority of that time, it's no wonder they didn't place an order until now because they're probably saving money with a bigger bulk discount rather than making two smaller orders.

The bottom line is that the times that you complained were completely coincidental to the times that your items shipped. I fully expected my stuff to be this late once they announced they were closing and removed most of the limitations on items per household and such.

But whatever. I have my stuff, I didn't have to write whiney emails to anyone and I this thread is finally finished for me.[/QUOTE]

Just got my spice jar a few moments ago. It's really nice, wish i ordered more of them. Now just waiting on the steamer and i'm done with frequent shopper.

My mom received her two sets of led candles. These were very different from the ones I had gotten months ago (the ones they had pictured on the site). My mom got LED candles that were made out of wax and were different heights. I wonder if they had run out of the regular votive led candles?
Here is a picture of the candles she got:
http://www.amazon.com/Flameless-Melted-Edge-Wax-Candles/dp/B001LJEZW8%3FSubscriptionId%3D16330PR1NAHTNCZP5602%26tag%3Dpriwat-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB001LJEZW8

ordered 7500pt camera feb 13 and got it in today around 4pm
its not sd1000 but a sd790
thank you frequent shopper you will be missed

btw i'm located in socal and it was delivered via ups

bread's done
Back