Its over! Jack In The Box: Jack's Big Rip Off Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only got a 10% off coupon. They wouldn't give me the special cup with a breakfast combo, so I had to eat a hamburger at 10:30 AM. I would really like to find out the odds of getting a 50% off coupon before I buy anything else.

[quote name='deejayfiggy']I'm 0-4 here...don't think these 50% off codes are as common as once thought :)[/QUOTE]

Really?! I already gotten about 4 of those 50% coupon of the 10 times my family went for the past 2 weeks .. maybe we got pretty lucky for going to that jack's .. going to use em toward the end of the coupon offer

I thought I saw a post last night that said the 50% off code was the same for everyone. Someone even posted a photo of it somewhere. Was it just my imagination or was it taken down by the moderators?

[quote name='SSJGodzilla']So do you have to get the meal/combo? Or can you just get the large drink?[/QUOTE]

The rules say you need to buy a large combo meal (non breakfast). But I bet some people would be successful just buying a large drink.

[quote name='SSJGodzilla']So do you have to get the meal/combo? Or can you just get the large drink?[/QUOTE]

You have to get the large combo in order to get the game piece .. trust me I tried ^_^

[quote name='boneless']I thought I saw a post last night that said the 50% off code was the same for everyone. Someone even posted a photo of it somewhere. Was it just my imagination or was it taken down by the moderators?[/QUOTE]

naw .. nothing like that happened

I knew I was right. Somewhere someone posted a photo of the coupon and the code is

EBC3009415

YMMV with a GS employee using it without the coupon, but the code is the same for everyone except it's for only 1 game. If you're in good with someone, just buy your game 1 at a time.

Now if someone could make a mock-up of that coupon code with the look of a weekend coupon...I doubt they would have a problem with it. That's probably totally illegal though.

So you have to get the large COMBO right? Not just the drink?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well considering these coupons are the little things you peel off the cups, you can't really scan and print it.

And making a fake coupon is just wrong...

Out of the 7 times I've went, I've only won 1 free medium Dr. Pepper, 1 10% off and another 20% off gamestop coupon.

I'm going to assume that the 50% off codes are quite rare and one of the larger instant win prizes you can win.

There's none around me either. But if there's a chance I could win something for 360 then I'll pass. Who'd want THAT crap? GS coupons would be ok though.

[quote name='BowserK']can someone please post the coupon for us?[/QUOTE]
There isn't a coupon.

You buy either a large drink or large combo (YMMV on whether just a drink will get you one) and peel off the sticker. Sticker will either be a winner or a loser. If you're a winner, you win something random. If you lose, you get a quirky line about losing.

And I think there's something on the sticker you enter online or something...

A LOT of people are winning the 360 Elite Console. Too bad I didn't win that :/
...but i guess the 100 Gamestop GC will do :]

Be careful when getting these. I fell victim to my local JITB having employees that peel them and re-apply them. Just look and see if the "PEEL HERE" corner is detached because that's the one corner that will not re-stick. Go ahead and try it the next time you get one. Peel the corner, don't completely detach the game piece and then rub it back on and you'll see what I mean. I'm not saying do this and cheat, I'm just telling you how I was able to tell. I guess I'll have to be more careful when I get these large drinks.

aarrrggg .. I cant even get another discount .. all I been getting is those Mexican donuts food prizes .. anyone wants to trade them for coupons codes?

bastards.

Dont even drink soda but decided to get a large combo meal to try my luck. Took it back to work and didn't even have a peel thing on it. Guess my luck super stinks.

So far I'm 3/3 with 50% off codes. Used one a couple days ago to pick up a copy of inFamous for the new PS3 (i r hav gaem now!). GameStop register biscuit took it without any fuss or anything...he just stared at it puzzled when I handed it to him and asked where it was from. Apparently I was the first person to bring one in.

Stacks with Edge for a full 60% off... not bad at all. $24 after TN's stupid 9.25% tax.

Going to Jack in the Box at midnight has become a guilty pleasure for my GF and me lately. Gotten 11 or so cups between the two of us and have won 1x free med. Dr. Pepper, 1x 2 Free tacos, 1x 10% off, and 1x 20% coupon. Also entered all the codes online and haven't won squat on any of those yet. Gonna wait and hopefully use a coupon on a used copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 before they expire on 10/18.

Check out the info for the contest on Sweepstakelovers (Id post the link if I could). There isn't info on overall odds of winning certain prizes but that site shows exactly how many winning game pieces there are out there (minus the % off coupons). It's funny that there's more than 3 times as many Elite 360s ($300) available then there are $100 GCs.

Item Ttl

PEEL OFF - FOOD PRIZES
Free Jack’s Spicy Chicken 107,500
Free Mini Sirloin Burgers 71,667
Free 2 Regular Tacos 143,333
Free Mini Churros - 5 piece 143,333
Free Medium Dr Pepper 143,333
Free Small Seasoned Curly Fry 107,500

GAME CODE - PRIZE POOL
$100 GameStop Gift Card 35
$50 GameStop Gift Card 55
$25 GameStop Gift Card 150
XBOX Live 12 month Subscription Card 95
XBOX 360 elite console 115
XBOX 360 Live wireless headset 20
XBOX 360 black wireless controller 70
Brutal Legends for XBOX 360 95
Dragon Age for XBOX 360 95
SKATE 2 for XBOX 360 35
Left 4 Dead for XBOX 360 35
Free Play Game Pad 45

Those 20% off coupons are great, I stacked one with my Edge card to get over $10 off Eternal Sonata on PS3.

It's too bad you only get the game pieces with large combos though, after that first time I doubt I'll ever do it again because it's way too much food and I end up throwing most of it away.

Can anyone post the other codes for % off used games? I've had some luck with GS employees letting me use the code w/out coupon.

These are my totals:

3 50% coupons
2 10% coupons
1 20%
1 Med. Dr. Pepper
1 mini sirloin burgers
2 mexican donuts
5 big loser

Working in construction next to Jack's have its benefits .. .. .. .. well not really :(

[quote name='sleepy180']bastards.

Dont even drink soda but decided to get a large combo meal to try my luck. Took it back to work and didn't even have a peel thing on it. Guess my luck super stinks.[/QUOTE]

No. It happened to me as well. But I was in Drive-Thru. I rarely eat at fast foodplaces anymore, and forgot to ask a head of time if the cups had the game sticker. I wouldn't put it past some workers to keep the peels.

[quote name='robodaddyo']Be careful when getting these. I fell victim to my local JITB having employees that peel them and re-apply them. Just look and see if the "PEEL HERE" corner is detached because that's the one corner that will not re-stick. Go ahead and try it the next time you get one. Peel the corner, don't completely detach the game piece and then rub it back on and you'll see what I mean. I'm not saying do this and cheat, I'm just telling you how I was able to tell. I guess I'll have to be more careful when I get these large drinks.[/QUOTE]

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

I went to the JitB by my office for lunch and got a cup with a game piece that was clearly peeled by a crooked employee. Unfortunately I did not catch it until I already drove off and was a few blocks away. I am even more pissed because I got 4 or 5 losing pieces from that location already (but were not clearly peeled like it was today). Looks like I know why I kept losing. stupid fucks!

Besides this one shady JitB, I am 1/1 at the one by home and I got a 20% GS coupon there.

This sucks major ass .. I also fell victim to this scam .. just like you drove up for my order .. and down the road saw the freaking tab misaligned with its borders .. been there about most of the month for lunch run with my work crew of 6 and I only won the churros .. we order at least 20 combos each week from them and we only get the sweet sweet tasty mexican donuts?! something stinks here .. seriously thinking about calling JITB corp on this matter

[quote name='major morgan']DING DING DING! We have a winner!

I went to the JitB by my office for lunch and got a cup with a game piece that was clearly peeled by a crooked employee. Unfortunately I did not catch it until I already drove off and was a few blocks away. I am even more pissed because I got 4 or 5 losing pieces from that location already (but were not clearly peeled like it was today). Looks like I know why I kept losing. stupid fucks!

Besides this one shady JitB, I am 1/1 at the one by home and I got a 20% GS coupon there.[/QUOTE]

It sucks since they opened up a Jack In the Box like 2 min walk away from my house a few years ago I got burnt out on it since I went to much. So I only go if its my last resort (to lazy to cook something or go to any other place). so I rarely if ever eat at Jack.

[quote name='EnronLackey']This sucks major ass .. I also fell victim to this scam .. just like you drove up for my order .. and down the road saw the freaking tab misaligned with its borders .. been there about most of the month for lunch run with my work crew of 6 and I only won the churros .. we order at least 20 combos each week from them and we only get the sweet sweet tasty mexican donuts?! something stinks here .. seriously thinking about calling JITB corp on this matter[/QUOTE]

It's definitely fishy. I went to a random one last night in a much better area (as opposed to the ghetto, where my office is) and I went inside instead of drive thru. Not only was the game piece in pristine condition, I also got another 20% coupon to gamestop.

In all, that makes me 2/2 when not picking up from the shady ass JitB in the ghetto where I'm 0/5. Coincidence? Hardly!

[quote name='missingno81']Does anyone else take those opend cups back? That is something they could be fired for because they were so lazy to even cover their tracks.[/QUOTE]

I haven't but if I notice it when I am given the cup, I will definitely do it. Not that I would expect much of a fight from them, but it's hard to prove the cup was already peeled by an employee (and not you) if you've already driven 2 blocks from the restaurant.

That's why I went inside on this latest trip so I can check it the second they hand me the cup.

Hmm, I heard about the promotion, but I rarely go to JITB. Might just need to make my own trip tomorrow to see how my luck is with a % off piece at least...

Well, after convincing my brother and friend to go, we have a total of 2 loses, and 1 10% off at GS. Not bad, the Jack we went to is quite far, but the only one that we agree actually taste good, so I doubt I'll return anytime soon.

[quote name='major morgan']In all, that makes me 2/2 when not picking up from the shady ass JitB in the ghetto where I'm 0/5. Coincidence? Hardly![/QUOTE]
Actually I think coincidence is the most likely explanation.

i never post here, but i just wanted to share that i just won an xbox on my first try. i dont even want it. haha. anyone want to buy it off me? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back