It's that time of year - what's on your bi-annual DDD wishlist?

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
As you're all probably aware, the Deep Discount DVD 20% off free shipping occurs two times a year. We're about two weeks away for the first sale of the year (second sale occuring around November). Are you guys getting a wishlist ready? If so what are the main targets?

Sadly, I know I am going to have to cut A LOT of these, but this is my WISH list:

Invader Zim Box Set
12 Monkeys
Snatch
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (2-disk)
Donnie Brasco
Se7en (2-disk)
Mallrats
This Is Spinal Tap
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Collectors)
Bourne Files: 3 Disc Collection
Titus Season 1&2
Titus Season 3
Family Guy Vol 4
Clerks X
Monty Python 16-Ton set
Boondocks Saints (Collectors)
The Boondox season 1
The Venture Brothers season 1
The Venture Brothers season 2
Vulgar
Pan's Labyrinth
The Tick (Complete series)
Futureroma season 3
Family Guy Live in Vegas
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
4400 - The Complete First Season
4400 - The Complete Second Season
4400 - The Complete Third Season

[quote name='Thebobert5']Sadly, I know I am going to have to cut A LOT of these, but this is my WISH list:

Invader Zim Box Set
12 Monkeys
Snatch
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (2-disk)
Donnie Brasco
Se7en (2-disk)
Mallrats
This Is Spinal Tap
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Collectors)
Bourne Files: 3 Disc Collection
Titus Season 1&2
Titus Season 3
Family Guy Vol 4
Clerks X
Monty Python 16-Ton set
Boondocks Saints (Collectors)
The Boondox season 1
The Venture Brothers season 1
The Venture Brothers season 2
Vulgar
Pan's Labyrinth
The Tick (Complete series)
Futureroma season 3
Family Guy Live in Vegas
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
4400 - The Complete First Season
4400 - The Complete Second Season
4400 - The Complete Third Season[/quote]
Cut Monty Python for sure and get it here for $35, with a 10% off coupon. Just click the coupon, then add the python set from the other link. Mine was under $35 shipped (taxes).

Thread about it here.

Strangelove can be easily had for $10, well, if Best Buy brings back those darn sales they had nearly every other month.

Also, Columbia House works well for some of these titles, if you're into that sort of thing.

This is Spinal Tap is always around the $7.50 area at Target, various other B&M.

Just thought I'd give you some options for trimming. But definitly jump on the Python.

Yeah, I threw the Python in there, even though I'm planning on getting it at aetv. Should have mentioned it.

Thanks for the coupon and tips on the other movies though!

Oh, and is Strangelove at Best Buy the one disk, or two? The extra disk isn't much, but I'm a sucker for special editions.

[quote name='Thebobert5']Yeah, I threw the Python in there, even though I'm planning on getting it at aetv. Should have mentioned it.

Thanks for the coupon and tips on the other movies though!

Oh, and is Strangelove at Best Buy the one disk, or two? The extra disk isn't much, but I'm a sucker for special editions.[/quote]It was the 2 disc edition. BB, for a while, was having crazy sales on, is it warner stuff? Shawshank, Strangelove, True Romance, Constantine, Citizen Kane. They kept doing sales where they were either $9.99 or 2 for $20 (so same diff really). It's what led to one of the best sales ever, where they had a B1G1 at $20, changed the prices to $10, and forgot to take away the B1G1. I picked up Constantine, Citizen Kane, True Romance and I think Strangelove for $20. It was a very good time. The sales seem to have tappered off though. They seemed to be a studio thing, since each week either BB, CC, or target had a sale on nearly the same titles.

I too only want the best of the best editions since then you don't have to double dip and you get all sorts of cool packaging/special features.

Finally got the list down to the must haves:

Superman Ultimate Collection
James Bond Ultimate Collection Volumes 3 and 4
Dragonball Z Season 2
Casablanca 2 Disc

I'm getting the box sets I need to finish my collection so far and all movies except 6 and 7. Mostly getting them to have screen caps and reviews for my website. What I really want is Batman Anthology and Ultimate Matrix collection, but counting I already own the previous releases makes it very hard for me to justify double dipping for extras I'll watch once and better packaging.

Pokemon Season 1
Pokemon Advanced Box vol.1/2
Pokemon Advanced Box Vo. 2/2
Pokemon Adventures in the Orange Islands 3/3
Pokemon Gift set 3pack (1st,2nd,3rd movies)
Pokemon 4Ever
Pokemon Heroes
Pokemon 8 Lucario and mew
Pokemon Ranger movie

If it happens and I dont find a better deal on the stuff I want:

Scoobie Doo season 1,2
Pokemon Season 1
Police Squad - the complete series
Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends season 1

probably not going to get as much as I used to, as I still have a fair amount of tv sets that I bought 2005 fall/winter ddd sale that I haven't even watched yet...Most likely going to pick up a few hd dvd/ blue ray discs and some kid shows for my newborn

bread's done
Back