It's The End Of The World As They Know It...for R.E.M...they break up...

No. F'ing. Way.

WOW

This comes as a shock.

Thanks for posting the news.

Not that I really buy any of their CDs now anyway, but still... Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt worry if I were an REM fan, all this does is sets up their reunion tour 5 years down the road (or sooner). So start saving your money for tickets now.

The latest album was surprisingly good. It has a lot of energy to it and my five year old daughter likes it. I always wanted to see them live.

[quote name='jbuck138']The latest album was surprisingly good. It has a lot of energy to it and my five year old daughter likes it. I always wanted to see them live.[/QUOTE]

I was actually talking to my fiancee about seeing them live and she was amazed that I hadn't. I guess she's been going to their shows since the mid 90s. I was too busy being angsty. Now I have something to actually be mildly angsty about.

Great band though, the notion that their music isn't worthwhile because they aren't selling as many albums nowadays is laughable.

Tough to see these guys call it a day. Last two albums were good and I hate that I never saw them live. They had a great run with many excellent albums so congrats to them on that. Hopefully they do some shows in the future.

bread's done
Back