ITT: let's all get some bestbuy.com orders cancelled

[quote name='yukafls']shit.....wonder if i could snag one at my store by price matching????[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CaptainAwesome']Haha I ordered one. I'll be interested to see how this goes.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='sinned47']i call shenanigans, ill wait until this evening and check if they will catch the price or honor it.[/QUOTE]

The orders will all be canceled (probably before anyone is even charged), and not a single soul will actually get one of these. It's the same thing every single time something like this happens.

I know, but I get a warm fuzzy just seeing the confirmation email.

Its big mean brother will show up later this morning.

[quote name='chakan']I know, but I get a warm fuzzy just seeing the confirmation email.

Its big mean brother will show up later this morning.[/QUOTE]

You got a confirmation email?

All I got was a "Welcome to the world of HD" email... not an actual invoice.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']You got a confirmation email?

All I got was a "Welcome to the world of HD" email... not an actual invoice.[/QUOTE]

I got the confirmation email, now I'm just waiting for the cancellation email lol

This started at like 4:26, I ordered a few minutes later for $10.42, later on, shipping got added for like $70 on new orders, but mine was still the same.

I hope this holds up, I'm hoping karma is on my side for this one.

[quote name='NickelNine']How long does it normally take for the orders to be cancelled?[/QUOTE]

They'll all be canceled by tomorrow afternoon.

And guys, the confirmation e-mails mean nothing.

I was so excited when I read this, but now I realize that all the orders will be cancelled. Best Buy is not going to just take a loss like that. Maybe they'll give you a giftcard, but its probably just going to get cancelled. Your order , I mean.

Damn, all i'm getting is "Our delivery system is temporarily unavailable. Please return later to purchase any items requiring delivery"

[quote name='Bezerker']Damn, all i'm getting is "Our delivery system is temporarily unavailable. Please return later to purchase any items requiring delivery"[/QUOTE]

Same here. Tried again, now when I add it to the cart, it just tells me my cart is empty. Oh well, no cancellation e-mails for me.

Oh well. I could get it into my cart, though could never finish the checkout process, even doing it as a guest account.

Would be funny if even one of the orders goes through.

Looks like the price has returned to normal. While there is no way in Hades that it will go through, GL to all of those who ordered one.

damn i wish i saw this earlier because its not letting me buy one either!! :( This would have been well worth the try plus with my silver rewards i was getting free delivery. On a side note, i already have this same exact TV.

now the link is dead!! oh it was fun while it lasted!!

Unfortunately, I keep getting timed out, so I guess they caught on to the shenanigans. While it's a snowball's chance in Hell that they'll honor it, good luck to those that ordered it. :)

[quote name='giantjerk']Don't they legally have to honor posted prices? I guess not eh?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Their error policy is clearly stated that they reserve the right to cancel orders in the event of a pricing error.

I ordered one around 0615 and it's now been removed from my BestBuy.com account. Some jackass posted the story on Best Buy's forums too. Way to ruin it for the rest of us.

The link is still active, just not on the search engine anymore.

Edit 1: My delivery date changed to: Status: 1 item(s) - delivery Date not available; contact Customer Care at 1-888-BEST BUY.
spacer.gif

boooooo i got
"our delivery system is temporarily unavailable. Please return later to purchase any items requiring delivery. We apologize for the inconvenience. Items available for shipping or in-store pickup may still be purchased."

while in checkout

[quote name='iambeaker']Just got to the party. What did Best Buy screw up this time?[/QUOTE]

They listed a Samsung 52" LCD HDTV for $9.99. With shipping it came to like 80 bucks for a $2,299.99 TV!!! Quite the mistake on their end. I guess they are not honoring it, and everyone's order will be canceled, and their money refunded.

bread's done
Back