iTunes=1 Billion Songs

[quote name='zionoverfire']That's kind of strange, normaly you make prizes that encourage people to buy more of your shit, not set them up for life.[/QUOTE]

Were talking about Apple.

Plus if Apple gave you all of that stuff would you not be an apple customer for life? Also I wonder how much apple makes on each song sold.

[quote name='Graystone']Also I wonder how much apple makes on each song sold.[/QUOTE]

Not a whole lot. It's mainly a vehicle for iPod sales.

edit: Pay close attention to Steve Jobs' comments...

“I hope that every customer, artist, and music company executive takes a moment today to reflect on what we’ve achieved together during the past three years,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “Over one billion songs have now been legally purchased and downloaded around the globe, representing a major force against music piracy and the future of music distribution as we move from CDs to the Internet.”

I would never want music to go strictly digital, as I like having the cd artwork and the cds themselves.

[quote name='Rozz']I would never want music to go strictly digital, as I like having the cd artwork and the cds themselves.[/QUOTE]

Of everything thats out their in the entertainment media. I want music to go digital. CD's take up space and I don't care for the cases or artwork. I dare to say I hate cds.

"In addition, to commemorate this milestone, Apple will establish a scholarship to the world-renowned Juilliard School in his name."

Why would they do that? What does that have to do with anything related to Itunes?

I want music to move from the CD media to a mini-DVD-like media such as the one that the Gamecube employs. More data space, less physical space. Win-win.

[quote name='Greetard']"In addition, to commemorate this milestone, Apple will establish a scholarship to the world-renowned Juilliard School in his name."

Why would they do that? What does that have to do with anything related to Itunes?[/QUOTE]

.....Music?

Way to go! 1 billion pieces of DRM floating out there on people's compuers! A milestone indeed!

I was an early iTunes adopter because it was a helluva lot cheaper than CDs most of the time and prevented clutter, but I'm way burned out on DRM these days.

It's unlikely that the average iTunes customer is out there buying albums, burning hundreds of copies, and selling them at their local gas station while drinking rum and singing sea chantys, shouting "yo ho ho!" Just ain't happening.

[quote name='Strell'].....Music?[/QUOTE]

I know. I guess the point to my rhetorical question is that it seems weird to give away a a few Apple products (mp3 players, a laptop, and music), and then randomly adding a donation to a school in your name into the mix. It's kinda out of place.

Rhetorical-ness is as detectable on the internet as sarcasm.

[quote name='Graystone']Were talking about Apple.

Plus if Apple gave you all of that stuff would you not be an apple customer for life? Also I wonder how much apple makes on each song sold.[/quote]

But this is itunes, not apple on the whole. I mean what in the hell is anyone going to use 10,000 in itunes cash and 10 ipods for?:lol:

[quote name='zionoverfire']But this is itunes, not apple on the whole. I mean what in the hell is anyone going to use 10,000 in itunes cash and 10 ipods for?:lol:[/quote] Ebay

[quote name='Greetard']
Rhetorical-ness is as detectable on the internet as sarcasm.[/QUOTE]

Except sometimes it comes off as possible complete dumbass-ness.

You might not know what Juliard specializes in for all I know. And frankly, you've done nothing, in two posts, to convince me that you DO know what Juliard is.

I envy him some more

I want a 5th gen iPod so I don't have to use my 3rd gen with the non colored screen

bread's done
Back