ITunes help

samblueman

CAGiversary!
I got an ipod and like it a lot but i have a problem with itunes making duplicates of all my songs from my computer and then those duplicates show up on windows media player music list and it keeps multiplying.I have four or more of every song on my laptop.Any help you can give me on settings or ideas to start fresh let me know.

I haven't messed with itunes much having just got one not too long ago, but I had this same problem. First, check to see if you have itunes checking multiple places for music (I had two different folders, one of which was my unsorted folder, the other folder being on my external hard drive). Not sure where that's at, but should be under options somewhere. The other thing, I believe there's an option, maybe under file or edit that allows you to search for duplicates. I think the original and the duplicates appear, but I think they're in separate lists.

It could have something to do with your sorting. If not, look at the steps.

1) Make sure all songs have the same EXACT spelling of album title and artist. This includes an extra spaces after, in between, or before in the album title or artist.
2) In one set of duplicates... highlight all tracks, change the album title to something stupid like "Apple"
3) After renamed, highlight all tracks, change the album title back by manually typing it in (it should grab the one that is out there), save. They should be grouped together now.

Step 2/3 happens to me alot of the time when I change the Artist field from having multiple artists to the main artist and adding "(Feat. ....)" in the Name field instead.

In example...
If you buy Kanye's Runaway track, iTunes put the Artist as Kanye West & Pusha T
I update it so Artist states Kanye West and Name as Runaway (Feat. Pusha T)
This step always throws off the album into duplicates, at least for me.

bread's done
Back