I've been having these weird thoughts lately. GGT #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cracked open DMC4 last night. I'm on Human as I've never played a DMC before and I like it so far. I'm hoping unlocking new moves keeps it from getting repetitive. I did like the boss on that first level, pretty good looking stuff on the plasma. We'll see how the rest of it goes.

Oh, and played some Viva Pinata Party Animals. That's how I roll.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I agree with pete.

Then again, you're excited about ETID and Shitty Estates, so you should be going in expecting nothings anyways.[/quote]

ETID puts on a good fucking show.....

[quote name='daroga']Mana, it was a joke. You can keep the title whatever you wanted ;)[/QUOTE]All right, I wasn't sure if people were.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I liked it better w/ the Kingdom Hearts theme to it. : ([/QUOTE]Same, so I changed it back. People can flame and hate me all they want. Just be sure to beat me next to in making another GGT, everyone (If you don't want it to start with something related to a FF game, Xenosaga/Xenogears, Grandia, etc.). ;)

Anyway, going to be pretty busy today with not a lot of gaming. I'm going to help a girl with C Programming tonight, so I'm not sure what time I'll get back. Probably play more Wild Arms XF and Hot Shots Golf: OoB

That reminds me, I played Wild Arms XF and kept getting stuck on Act 1-2 battle. I finally figured out how to beat it (It was much more simple than I made it). I was about to crush my PSP over it. :whistle2:(

[quote name='gunm']Meh, I'd wait for June. I think Haze is the only big one in May. Unless you consider "Iron Man", and "Kung Fu Panda" big releases, that is.[/quote]

At this point, I'm more interested in Iron Man than Haze. Gameplay footage of Iron Man looks great, which I realize means nothing, but is still a good sign.

Side note: They couldn't think of a better name for Devil Bringer in DMC4? My hand is the Food Getter and my teeth are Snack Eaters.

:eek:

Poor guy. What happened?
[quote name='SL4IN']ETID puts on a good fucking show.....[/quote] Back in the day, sure. Now? Not so much.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
Same, so I changed it back. People can flame and hate me all they want. Just be sure to beat me next to in making another GGT, everyone (If you don't want it to start with something related to a FF game, Xenosaga/Xenogears, Grandia, etc.). ;)[/quote] I was actually supposed to make this GGT, but I wasn't around for it. :(

I'm not a Kingdom Hearts fan (though I've played both of them), but my girlfriend is so it kinda grew on me through her obsession.

[quote name='tiredfornow']
Back in the day, sure. Now? Not so much.
[/quote]

Oh, well I saw them a few weeks ago with august burns red for the take action tour and they completely tore the place down and rocked balls.

Also, I played UT3 last night. It's certainly been a while.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Sweet
How was Anime Boston? Any new liscences?[/QUOTE]
The only industry panel I went to was ADV, and they didn't have any new licenses except for Kiba. They did pretty much admit they're releasing the new Eva movies and looking at Geneon titles to acquire, but then that was a given.

Anime Boston was awesome though.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The only industry panel I went to was ADV, and they didn't have any new licenses except for Kiba. They did pretty much admit they're releasing the new Eva movies and looking at Geneon titles to acquire, but then that was a given.
[/quote]

Sweet. Just wondering cuz AoD didn't have any new info except Kiba on the front page, but I'm always on the forums so I usually miss the info there...:D
I went to an ADV panel at Anime North 2007. It was all right, until I won the Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu thinpak AND Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi thinpaks. Then it was fucking amazing and made the con for me.

You know, when I saw the name of the GGT, I thought it was TMK talking about how he has the hots for some chick. Then I see Sora's fat face, and.....things get weird.

CC: RoF is hella fun with 2 people, and even better with 4 people.

So Rock Band Wii is coming in June. 3 months to figure out if it will be worthwhile to get it mostly for myself alone. Unless it's so awesome, people you don't currently hang out with much decide that your house is the place to be.

[quote name='botticus']So Rock Band Wii is coming in June. 3 months to figure out if it will be worthwhile to get it mostly for myself alone. Unless it's so awesome, people you don't currently hang out with much decide that your house is the place to be.[/QUOTE]

No online?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']You know, when I saw the name of the GGT, I thought it was TMK talking about how he has the hots for some chick. Then I see Sora's fat face, and.....things get weird.

CC: RoF is hella fun with 2 people, and even better with 4 people.[/QUOTE]I dunno how anyone could think my title was emo (or that I'm emo, because I'm not). Oh well.

Glad to hear good things about CC: RoF. I've been holding off due to FF: CC on GC, but it's definitely a game I want to get now.

[quote name='zewone']No online?[/quote]
I'd be rather shocked if it wasn't full-featured (unless they don't even know why they're releasing it and have no plans of competing with GH), but I don't tend to do the random online play bit, and can't think of anyone off the top of my head who will be buying it.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Rock Band Wii?

:rofl:...[/quote]
I know, it's not HD and will have friend codes. :whistle2:(

Rock Band Wii?

:rofl:...
[quote name='The Mana Knight']I dunno how anyone could think my title was emo (or that I'm emo, because I'm not). Oh well.

Glad to hear good things about CC: RoF. I've been holding off due to FF: CC on GC, but it's definitely a game I want to get now.[/quote]
You are pretty ''emo'', man.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I dunno how anyone could think my title was emo (or that I'm emo, because I'm not). Oh well.

Glad to hear good things about CC: RoF. I've been holding off due to FF: CC on GC, but it's definitely a game I want to get now.[/quote]Heheheh, just busting your chops. I actually love the KH series, and I can't wait for the DS/PSP games.

CC: RoF is worlds ahead of the GCube version. No more chalice-carrying (old news), the magic system has changed for the better, and the tribes have their own identities now.

And EA has made up my mind for me. Feature set is closer to PS2, and the instruments don't use the remote - so GH guitar compatibility is likely dead. No thanks!

[quote name='tiredfornow']And its 169.99, hahaha.[/quote]
Yes, yes it is.

For all the hate GH gets now with RB on the scene, they at least got the core pricing and accessory architecture right.

[quote name='zewone']Mana, you are super emo.[/quote]

Yeah, sorry mana, but even if you aren't you give off "that vibe" every time you mention how terrible you are with girls, your lack of confidence with people, or your suicidal tendencies.

And back OT...sort of...anyone with EOJ getting the expansion this week?

I don't want to out of principle/rebellion over the added costs, but I prolly will. :bomb:

Also, anyone getting King's Knight? I ran out of points, but it's only 500. The game doesn't look like it aged well at all, but it also has an interesting concept as it kind of sort of combines lite RPG elements in a fantasy setting with some veritcal shooter gameplay.

Hm, Square shooters...I wish they'd release Einhander on PSN....

[quote name='gunm']Also, anyone getting King's Knight? I ran out of points, but it's only 500. The game doesn't look like it aged well at all, but it also has an interesting concept as it kind of sort of combines lite RPG elements in a fantasy setting with some veritcal shooter gameplay.[/quote]
I have the original NES cart and let me tell you, that game sucks.

I don't understand how it could age well, it was crap to begin with. Don't get suckered by the Square name.

If you're gonna play an old Square game, play Rad Racer instead =)

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I picked up Strangehold at Target on lunch for ~$15. Anyone play through it? Decent?[/quote]

Yeah, i've been looking for a good deal on that for a while, actually

Its fun for the first few stages, ThatDamnDave. Nobody ever plays the multiplayer either, so you're out of luck there. I'd say its worth $15 for the single player though.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I picked up Strangehold at Target on lunch for ~$15. Anyone play through it? Decent?[/quote]Damn, that's awesome. I love that game, but I couldn't find a deal for it. Which system did you get it for?

Well, if it's short, I suppose even if it's not that great I can look forward to a hasty conclusion. I have a few things to play (DMC4) before I get to it, but yeah, I'll definitely put it up for GGT grabs after that if anyone still hasn't found a copy.

Multiplayer doesn't bother me. If I want to play multi, I'll play COD4 or R6V2 when it gets here. If I split my brain too many ways as far as multi games, I suck even worse at all of them.

Crisis Core is so good. So good. Even if you hated FFVII, this is the best game on PSP. Zack is an infinitely better character than Cloud or almost any of the original cast. Spry and confident and funny, and well written, not to mention having great voice acting.

There's so many free missions, and the materia system is so good. Overall it plays like kingdom hearts, but better, and without all the goofy disney shit.

Wait, how did you get it a day early?

Glad to hear it's fun, though, seeing as how I hate...wait, I'm not going to start ANOTHER FF7 versus debate, so never mind.

Seriously, remove all Final Fantasy 7 ties, and this is still the best game on PSP, and the best Action RPG in a long while. If you don't play this because you're a FF7 elitist who hates it, you are missing out.

Alright, I'm gonna give this a shot. Ouch though, $40?

Didn't Circuit City have a 10% off deal online, or was that in-store?

Gah, the Logitech GT5 Pro Force Feedback wheel is available for pre-order. If it's as good as the PS2 one was, I will end up getting it. I'd hate to start a wheel collection a la MM's joystick collection, though--those things are fricken bulky in comparison.

Here's hoping for an amazon gold box deal or something:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0015HYPOO/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

I wonder if it will work with Grid? I'm kinda torn on which platform to get that game on. Cheesemints are nice, as is online so I'm leaning towards that circle. But I'll prolly end up with a wheel and pedals for each system as I already have an MS FF wheel for Forza2...

hahah, how do you like those sound effects in crisis core?

i was so tired of that stupid CONFLICT RESOLVED that i named my band in RB "Conflict Resolvers."

that slot machine was so confusing though. but what i really wanna know is if they rebalanced hard mode, because when i played it it was insanely hard. i spent like 2 hours on the last boss and i ended up dying. sucks =(

I have the GT3 and GT4 wheels, I might as well get the new one too... ^_^

I'm gonna start Crisis Core tonight, hope its good.

kainzero: SERIOUSLY, that voice that comes on and off is annoying, everyone here at work is playing it and it bugs the shit out of me.

the voice hasn't bugged me yet but i'm only 3 hours in. I wish I had more materia slots..

No gaming for me lately. My roommate and I got robbed at gun point outside our apartment (technically inside the laundry room on the bottom floor of the apt. building.as the guy rushed in the door behind us as we came in from the parking lot) Thursday night coming back from watching the NCAA games at a local sports bar since the WVU game wasn't on local TV. :( Got my wallet, cell phone and jacket, and my roommates purse, cell phone and jacket.

Worse yet is he came back and stole her car Saturday night as she didn't have another set of keys to move it and just didn't think to have it towed somewhere etc. Good news on that is they found the car in fine condition Saturday evening.

Still haven't caught the guy, but they have some good video of him using my CC at some local stores than night in the hour or so before I called and canceled them (cancelled right after finishing up with the police). That will apparently be on the news tonight, so hopefully they'll catch the bastard soon.

At least WVU won that night and followed it up with a win over Duke on Saturday to lift my spirits! Sucks to not feel safe at home though. We changed the locks on our door, but the condo association hasn't changed the exterior building locks yet and he still has the keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back